Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]

Author Topic: The Histories of Scarbasement  (Read 12941 times)

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
Re: The Histories of Scarbasement
« Reply #300 on: March 03, 2009, 12:38:40 pm »

Nice to see you're back and at it again!
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 11, 2009, 09:19:30 am »

7th Granite, 218
Durien's log
The cage traps are now in place, and hopefully the next arena battle will be rather more interesting.  With Arnmod standing by with his crossbow, I ordered the trap system tested with the release of a goblins into the fighting space.  It raced for the entrance and was promptly recaptured in the cages, so that part now works.  Now I need only complete the self-destruct mechanism and all will be ready.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 11, 2009, 09:27:32 am »

9th Granite, 218
The sun had just risen above the level of the trees when Duchess Nukem, who was on guard duty, called out the warning.  The dwarves who heard her barely glanced up from their duties but Stukos, Kib and Kivish's youngest child and too young to differentiate between the truly dangerous and the merely annoying, ran off to find Durien.
Durien, who at that moment had been relaxing with Logem in the brewery with a mug of fine swamp whiskey, was not best pleased to be interrupted for no good reason.
"The'r on'y e'ves," he spat in disgust.  "Why they keep comin' 'ere when they'rn't wanted, Datan on'y kners.  I'll see 'em sometime, if'n I feel li'e it.  Go off 'n play!"
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 11, 2009, 09:34:43 am »

12th Granite, 218
Durien's log
The yearly meeting with the elves went as it always did.  They asked questions, which I believe were meant to discreetly find out military information, but I am too wily for that and met their questions with bland generalities.  As long as I am in control here, we will be safe.  The elves did bring a wolf and a fox, which I traded a few goblin silks for.  They will come in handy for something, I'm sure.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 11, 2009, 09:42:20 am »

13th Granite, 218
Durien's log
It is now the child Likot's turn to begin behaving strangely.  He claimed the craftsdwarf's shop that stays empty except when some unlucky dwarf has to make more bolts for Arnmod, which is rare enough with his preference for using his crossbow as a hammer.  Likot is now running around gathering his materials.

At final count, the child grabbed some bones, a log, a shell and the aluminum bars that I had stashed away.  I thought I had hidden them well enough, but apparently not.  Well, whatever he's making, it had better be worth my aluminum.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]