Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: LCS 3.12.1 Release  (Read 3877 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 3.12.1 Release
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2008, 11:44:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan S. Fox:
<STRONG>
In the code, CCS Vigilante Bosses are called "CREATURE_CCS_ARCHCONSERVATIVE". They are meant to represent the equivalent of an Elite Liberal with 500+ juice</STRONG>

er... mine actually are Elite Liberals. well, 4 of them are.
we need some form of enemy advancement akin to the liberal juice, so when you convert a hostage it is reset. and Bosses should have a lot of it (in addition to  mad skills and slightly better stats then the regular CSS).

or (and) at least there should be a risk involved in taking Bosses hostage. I mean if you convert them in time you get a high up CSS sleeper (useful in later versions), if you don't, you get this war machine of doom. it's a win-win, there should be a price involved.
so, if you are modertely unlucky they escape.
if you are vey unlucky (and once the CSS sleeper system is in) the situation is reversed- CSSVB wrestles you gun away from your operative (or just beats her unarmed ass) and takes her to one of the CSS safehouses to become a sleeper. This logically leads to a mission (or 3, if you don't have an informant) to get you activist back.

[ May 18, 2008: Message edited by: a1s ]

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2008, 11:49:00 pm »

Yeah.

I wonder, how many sleepers does it take to win? Cause I have a few high end ones, and I'm debating disbanding. All public opinions are at light green, but the issues are around yellow...

Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2008, 12:09:00 am »

And here I thought you were complaining they were too hard to fight! Silly me!   ;)

Yes, they're too strong for being converted as they stand, I agree. Something has to be done about that.

Edit: I'm not sure how many sleepers it takes to win. I wish you wouldn't need sleepers in general though. If you haven't wiped out the CCS, you should do that first, as I don't think they'll disband with you.

What would we post in a Future of the Crime Squad thread?

[ May 18, 2008: Message edited by: Jonathan S. Fox ]

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2008, 12:14:00 am »

Getting alot of sleepers is a pain.

And I guess we'd post our good ideas, how far/close the next release is, feartures in next release, possible features for the long term, etc.

Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2008, 12:39:00 am »

Would you like a Future of the Crime Squad thread?

Edit: I guess my reluctance is just that I'd feel terribly pretentious making one, as if to claim that what was going on here was something comparable to the masterwork that is Dwarf Fortress.  :p

[ May 18, 2008: Message edited by: Jonathan S. Fox ]

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2008, 01:02:00 pm »

It is. Don't kid yourself it isn't. It's an awesome game, but it can't measure up to DF because Toady's a coding genius.   :D

In all honesty, I like this game better than DF(Why'd ya think I posted here so much?). I did like the old 2-D DF, but the new one is too...much to handle at once.

I enjoy this game more since it dosen't get boring.

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2008, 02:38:00 pm »

I like both Liberal Crime Squad and Dwarf Fortress, although DF has pretty much worn off on me, whereas LCS is still fresh and new.

I don't think it's pretentious to make a Future of the Crime Squad thread; when Toady open-sourced the game, I'm sure that meant "green light!" on all of the fan improvements.  I imagine that open-sourcing it was primarily intended to allow the game to be maintained even as new computer architectures came out, but fan contributions have definitely made the game more interesting.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2008, 04:25:00 pm »

Yeah, development here is green lighted implicitly. I actually just had a nice exchange of emails with Toady about LCS in the past day or so. He was kind enough to provide me with a list of old internal development goals and some off-hand ideas. They are Beyond Quality.

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2008, 04:59:00 pm »

Oooooh!

Sounds good!  :D

Twerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2008, 01:10:00 pm »

This seemed like the best thread to file a bug report. >.> My Leader was tried for a crapload o' crimes, including 66 murders, 68 possessions of an illegal weapon, a bunch of assaults, and many more. The jury couldn't reach a verdict, so he was re-tried a month later. The only crime he had at the retry was loitering. Naturally, he was released, not guilty. Is that supposed to happen? Maybe I just don't get the concept of getting 'retried'. >_<
Free-to-play games are like the fountains in NetHack. At first, they look refreshing, but when you approach snakes pour out and eat you.

Snoob

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2008, 07:07:00 pm »

I too have an error, though it caused the game to crash. It would seem that every time I have a person (I don't know if it's this person specifically, or that they have "missing teeth", as they're also the only person who has missing teeth) added to a squad, they crash the game upon pressing enter to confirm the choice. Should I upload the save?

EDIT: It seems to happen every time the Liberal's name is mentioned, including the A(ctivate) screen, but it will crash before showing that one.

EDIT 2: I was being hasty and didn't read, I actually meant to post this for 3.12.2. >_<

[ May 27, 2008: Message edited by: Snoob ]

[ May 27, 2008: Message edited by: Snoob ]

Skeeblix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2008, 07:37:00 pm »

I had that happen to me once with my founder, but I couldn't see any real reason for it. Just stash your savefile and start over until a fix is found for it.
This is not a signature.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]