Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Chunks, Chunks, marvalous Chunks!  (Read 3187 times)

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chunks, Chunks, marvalous Chunks!
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 11:04:30 am »

nice idea

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2008, 02:43:35 pm »

Thank you for your extremely useful input.
Why can't we mince Chunks into meat(+healthy extra bits)? Dwarves mince everything else already..
My stray dogs often chase fire imps back into the magma pipe and then continue fighting while burning and drowning in the lava. Truly their loyalty knows no bounds, but perhaps it should.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2008, 08:52:02 pm »

And then we would have a psychotic dwarf making +Dwarf Sausage+.

Yes, but you'll get a legendary cook out of the deal, since fell mood is the only sane mechanic to link this to.
Of course, you wouldn't have him very long before someone ate it.

And even if they didn't, you'd be at severe risk of death by mold.

Samyotix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2008, 09:40:11 am »

Actually, pretty much every part of an animal is edible.

Brains? My grandparents eat sometimes have pigs' or calves' brains and eggs for breakfast. (I've always refused to even try a single bite)

Kidney? Just soak overnight to remove the yellow-snow taste.

Liver? A delicacy, grilled with some raw chopped onion and some olive oil with garlic in it.

Testes? A delicacy grilled, but hard to get.

Calf Thymus gland? A delicacy here in Austria, dog food in many other countries.

And I met a butcher once who told me how they make some kinds of sausage -- basically they hose the carcass with a high-pressure stream of water and mince everything that comes off.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2008, 09:53:30 am »

Liver is also high in Vitamin A (Some animal livers are so full of Vitamin A that they can flat out kill you if you eat them) and are often used in homebrewed cures for illness. (Basically Liver is an even older version of Chicken Soup)

Progression of Food Cures from oldest to lattest: Liver, Mutton, then Chicken Noodle Soup!

Yes it is true, Mutton was considered a cure for the common cold. Medieval Food Science is possibly one of the most interesting subjects ever! Did you know Strawberries were evil?
Note: I don't know the EXACT date people became facinated with food... so it could even be Renaisance

Back on topic, don't overvalue Chunks afterall they are peices of meat that weren't properly processed. Think of it as Fastfood quality meat... Or if you tasted it before, Wet dogfood quality meat (with those bone bits thrown in)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 10:17:07 am by Neonivek »

Silverionmox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2008, 10:36:19 am »

Strawberries, and various other fruits, were associated with lust, as illustrated here (center of front): http://www.darkest-destruction.com/BOSCH-garden-ofearthly-delightsCENTER.jpg
Dwarf Fortress cured my savescumming.
Pages: 1 [2]