Dwarf Fortress > DF Community Games & Stories

Bloodboiled, the Military Fortress. [A story-game]

(1/1)

MagicJuggler:
The expeditionary squad made its way through the hillsides, Sergeant Oslankirar ordering the wagon to a halt. His soldiers looked around nervously, their crossbows at the ready, and axe close to their chest. Fortunately, the area looked safe for the time being.

"Attention Troops," the Sergeant announced towards his soldiers, "Queen Kibistan has charged us with setting up base here. According to the ancient scrolls, there is an old magma vent buried around here; Our goal is to find it, and harness its power for the glory of the Long Stockade. Kib and Cookie, you are on mining duty. Prepare quarters. Eagleeye and Datan, scout the area, report anything suspcious. Kulet, assemble Datan's axe. Remember our motto: Cleanse the Evil! Let no Kobold or Goblin scum survive our hail of bolts."

MagicJuggler:
1st of Slate, 227, from the memoirs of Sgt. Oslankirar

Our foward outpost has been established, with basic food, fortifications and lodgings set for our squad. We were most fortunate to find a large deposit of obsidian within the mountainside, and so soon too! Eagleeye sends a report that a herd of of five Elephants was detected roaming around the outskirts of our base...they just stand there...watching. They don't appear undead as of now but I wish not to take chances. Our industry has stepped up the production of cage traps that we may capture several of these giants of the jungle.

(I should have pictures up sometime soon).

MagicJuggler:
9th of Sandstone, 227 AD, from the diary of Sergeant Oslankirar
Our progress has been immense. For the most part, our base can be called secure. As it stands, there are only two main entrances into the base, either one highly defensible. Trenches surround the outer keep, while the entrance to the meeting hall is

A caravan arrived, and brought with it extra arms, and foodstuffs, in exchange for some bonecrafts Eagleeye made from the rotting carcasses of several thieving racoons, as well as our old wooden furniture; Obsidian is a far better crafting material after all. The elephants are still benign though I trust them not.

Our headquarters. Sapper Kib proved his worth as a stonecrafter, making a fine statue of Armok to remind me of my duty to root out the Goblins around this area. A shame I cannot bask in its glory as I fulfill quartermaster duty, tracking all supplies. To the south is a long wall designed to channel enemies to their doom, and below is our well where we've channeled out some murky ponds. The farms here are temporary until a separate agro-industrial complex can be set up further underground.

The wall above our lodgings. Trenches have been dug so we can be reminded of the sun as we go about our duties; this is a stopgap measure until we can surround the area with further walls.

We are expecting reinforcements soon. For now, it's too quiet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version