Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Too bad for the interface  (Read 733 times)

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
Too bad for the interface
« on: July 12, 2006, 09:21:00 pm »

LCS is one of the most original and replayable (I dont know if I can use that word) games Ive ever seen, the only trouble is that I cant have more than twenty something people following my orders and I cant go to all the places Because Pgup pgdown doesnt work in any computer that Ive tried it (and I did it in 5 with different windows versions from 98 to XP and different speeds p2/p4).  The brackets dont work.  I dont know what to do.  Please, in the next version (It doesnt matter if you release it in ten years) PLEASE make the interface a little bit more friendly with keyboards.  

Sorry for my spelling.  I just wanted you to know how I feel.

THANKS AGAIN FOR ONE OF THE MOST ADDICTIVE AND FUN GAMES THAT IVE PLAYED.  after the boom of 3d when many people forgot the importance of a good game not a "impressive and beautifull" one.

Alexhans

PD: Im currently programming a little game that I think will be ready in say... six months (beta) so I was wondering if maybe youll want to betatest it when its ready and tell what do you think (for experienced opinnion) of balance and playability.

Thanks again

“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Too bad for the interface
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 12:11:00 am »

If I do another version, it'll have a better interface.

I'll play anything you write whenever you like.  Are you still using that game creation program you mentioned before?  You decided on a game idea?

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

flap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 06:37:00 am »

It is a commun request (I also have problems). And if I am right, the source have been released ? So maybe just simply one of us spend the time required to define the controls in a config file.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 12:13:00 pm »

Yeah, the source is posted.  If anybody wants to brave it, they can do it.  Although curses makes things aggravating, you can probably manage the task with capital letters or something like that.  I don't remember which keys are in use.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!