Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?  (Read 3489 times)

Vaftrudner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2008, 01:11:35 pm »

I've been lurking on the forum for a few days, and the community games made me register.

This sounds like a great story. Looking forward to more updates.

Could you post the seed for this world? I've never had a world at war with any civs.

(Also not a first language English speaker here.)
Sure, the contents of my world_gen.txt are below. Once again, courtesy of Qloos.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: I should add, only some of the dwarven civs are at war with some of the elven civs, so you'll have to pick a dwarven civ and look around a bit. Most of the wars are to the northwest. Unfortunately, there are no wars at the haunted mountains to the east.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 01:15:15 pm by Vaftrudner »

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2008, 01:23:51 pm »

Thanks.

Axe27

• Bay Watcher
  • Put down the crossbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2008, 01:39:48 pm »

I've been lurking on the forum for a few days, and the community games made me register.

This sounds like a great story. Looking forward to more updates.

Could you post the seed for this world? I've never had a world at war with any civs.

(Also not a first language English speaker here.)

Espanol? Francias? Duetsch?
And thus did the dream of dwarven antigravity fade away, not with a massive explosion or a flood of magma, but with a whimper.

I'm going to be depressed all day now.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2008, 06:47:12 pm »

I fully endorse the epicness of this challenge you hath made for thyself.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2008, 07:06:09 pm »

YAY! you're back! brilliant bit about the wall.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2008, 11:02:19 pm »

Ill be happy to draw any further pictures. Just PM me what you want me to draw and I will send you a pm back with the picture link. I think i have figured out GIMP a bit better now so picture quality should improve.

Vaftrudner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2008, 11:47:20 am »

Thanks to A_Fey_Dwarf for the picture! Not much is happening, I'm basically just doing tedious work to start a small soap production and try to secure the fortress for when the pointy-eared bastards come around to play.

Autumn and winter as told by Īton Okundomas, Will Work For Anvil

Spring and summer have been awful, but autumn finally brought us some good news. Stākud is still in bed, unfortunately, so we're constantly one hand short, no pun intended, but at least the miners have dug a channel for a future well. As soon as we get a rope or chain, we don't have to choose between giving him stagnant lake water or walking for a full day to the river. Of course, what it basically comes down to is that we didn't bring an anvil.

The only thing I've been able to do is crawl around on all fours, smoothing stone to make this place somewhat less of a mess, and help building some very odd structures that will supposedly bring us safety once we get bridges up there. But with the mad dash for soap and our inbred building projects, we haven't had the time to make any trade goods for the caravan.

We tried trading what mechanisms they could carry and all the food we could spare, but the sad truth was that our only skilled cook had been in bed for months. Kogan had been throwing together biscuits desperately, but the caravan merchants were less than impressed.

With almost all of our prepared food and a few vials thrown in, we managed to get an anvil and some rose gold bars that we had to buy to make place in their wagons. The bad news are that we're almost out of food, the good news are that we can stop pretending to like Kogan's fucking biscuits of death just to make her happy. I hope the merchants choke on them.

We couldn't afford any animals for soap production, but we told them that next year they should bring tons of them. They gave us a list that we will of course promptly ignore and proceed to sell them whatever the fuck we want.

And so finally, with the new anvil installed, I was able to make an iron chain for a well and an axe for anti-elven activism.

As a pleasant surprise, the first small group of reinforcements came towards the end of autumn. The weaver will have a great time since the place is literally covered in cave spider web, and finally, thank every God in the book, we have a proper cook. We decided that gems were the least of our priorities, so the jeweler called Feb was sent out to hunt. To everyone's surprise, the guy brought back some rather impressive game that will raise the value of the soap a bit.

Winter passed uneventfully with nothing but hard work. Feb got tossed back and forth between hunting for tallow and military duty for some valuable crossbow training. The immigrant blacksmith and I managed to get a rich supply of fuel out of the lignite, so he now has some proper armor and ammunition.

Now if that's not a work of goddamn art, I don't know what is. Other than that, all workshops were moved downstairs and we finally finished the Bridge of Slow, Painful Death.

Deep graves will be dug out under the bridges as soon as we have the time, and when we get enough soap, we will seal off all other entries to the fort. I hope you bring some extra spines, elves.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2008, 10:35:16 pm »

he he he. I love reading this.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2008, 11:24:30 pm »

It would be amazingly cruel to mod the game to make soap weaponry.

"You shoot the soap bolt with your soap crossbow. The bolt hits the elf in the sanity face. It is mangled!"
"The elf goes fricking berserk."
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2008, 05:13:23 pm »

amazingly cruel? then its dwarven. do it.

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2008, 08:30:16 pm »

Thanks to A_Fey_Dwarf for the picture! Not much is happening, I'm basically just doing tedious work to start a small soap production and try to secure the fortress for when the pointy-eared bastards come around to play.

Autumn and winter as told by

Ginger?

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2008, 08:39:34 pm »

The forum move must have killed it, somehow.

Vaftrudner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2008, 10:31:02 am »

Oh fuck.. I was sure that I had a backup of that update somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.. Let's see if I can rewrite it.

Edit: Ok, just read Toady's thread.. We'll see if he manages to fix this somehow :)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 11:01:48 am by Vaftrudner »

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2008, 04:15:18 pm »

yeah, it can be frustrating when a long post gets lost.  i hope this thread gets going though, i really enjoyed "zombie troll" and this was looking to be a good deal of fun.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2008, 07:51:55 pm »

Vaftrunder, wrriiiiiiiitttteeeeeeee pleeeeeaaaaasseeeeee.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.
Pages: 1 [2]