Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Playing as other races  (Read 3368 times)

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
Re: Playing as other races
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2009, 04:22:52 pm »

Move up a z-level like you were on stairs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2009, 04:27:13 pm »

Its easy(though not all that well documented) hold alt then press a direction.  It gives you the option to force move in a direction(like jumping off a cliff if you wanted for example) it also gives you the option to move up or down if you have the capability.

Its a little weird though as toady hasn't quite gotten far enough to provide full support for such movement yet.  The area you want to fly to has to be in memory or it dosn't technically exist. Which prevents movement there. 

In order for it to be in memory there needs to be terrain relatively nearby on the z-level.  Hilly or mountainous areas tend to have decent amounts of flying room, same with most sites like human cities and goblin towers.  But in plains and swamps yer lucky to be able to get off the ground.

EDIT: Beaten, I think that works too.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2009, 05:44:24 pm »

Yeah, i think it's < and >.  I'm agreeing with them.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2009, 02:01:01 pm »

as if you were standing on a stair tile.
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

mattyb3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2009, 06:37:49 pm »

Urgh. I hate to necro a thread but i have a few questions regarding this, and this is the most recent thread on this issue:

Despite all the instructions, i cannot for the life of me figure out how to play as another race. I want to play as a a demon, so i added

Code: [Select]
[ENTITY:TEST]
        [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]
        [CREATURE:DEMON]

But this won't work. It only lets me play as a human (start now). I have tried removing [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] From Humans to see if that would help, but it didn't.

One other thing.. If you wanted to play as say a dragon, but they all died out at worldgen, would one still be available to play in adventurer mode? 
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 06:45:11 pm by mattyb3 »
I supose if a dwarf is unhappy or hurt they might have a miscarriage. Perhaps we could experiment a bit.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2009, 08:16:49 pm »

Urgh. I hate to necro a thread but i have a few questions regarding this, and this is the most recent thread on this issue:

Despite all the instructions, i cannot for the life of me figure out how to play as another race. I want to play as a a demon, so i added

Code: [Select]
[ENTITY:TEST]
        [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]
        [CREATURE:DEMON]

But this won't work. It only lets me play as a human (start now). I have tried removing [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] From Humans to see if that would help, but it didn't.

One other thing.. If you wanted to play as say a dragon, but they all died out at worldgen, would one still be available to play in adventurer mode? 
did you gen a new world after changing the raws?

mattyb3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2009, 10:52:48 pm »

Ah, silly me. Reneging the world allowed me to play as another race.

I tried play as a bronze collusus, but a gang of children attacked and killed me!  :-[
I supose if a dwarf is unhappy or hurt they might have a miscarriage. Perhaps we could experiment a bit.

Kay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2009, 11:31:00 pm »

Anyone ever tried playing as something with hundreds of limbs? It's insane.

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2009, 03:52:36 pm »

i suppose its a nightmare if wrestling against it
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2009, 04:15:38 pm »

i suppose its a nightmare if wrestling against it

or with it. Imagine the menu for grappling.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.
Pages: 1 [2]