Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21

Author Topic: Illarion  (Read 42914 times)

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
Illarion
« on: March 13, 2008, 04:56:00 pm »

So, people have agreed it might be a good idea to start a thread on this and stop beating the zombie horse that is the Wurmonline thread.

Naturally, I, who haven't announced I'm even playing, decides to create it.

So, I'm going to create a Rune Crafter, dwarven obviously, going by the name of Momuz Rockcastles.

I'd like to know about the rest of you peeps. What're you doing?

[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Fishersalwaysdie

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of Threads
    • View Profile
    • http://chupacabra
Re: Illarion
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 05:05:00 pm »

I remember having an orc or something over there...
It was ages ago.
I will probably join you people if enough are interested.
Cannot find self-destruction button, could have sworn it's somewhere here...

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 05:16:00 pm »

I could try, but I probably won't.
Eh?
Eh!

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 05:17:00 pm »

Just so everyone knows, I play a character by the name of Hurgan Rockmug, a dwarven miner. Oh and Kagus, I got ale mugs! Bad news is they cost 30 copper each, so we may need to start brewing our own cider to keep our speed and efficency up. Ale goblets may be cheaper though, but who drinks ale from goblets? Elves!

[ March 13, 2008: Message edited by: Dark ]

Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 05:25:00 pm »

Im under the name of Urist Osdinagak.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 06:49:00 pm »

Just registered under Urist Stonetombs, a 4 foot tall 235 pound weed smoking miner. Trying out the game now...

EDIT: WOW WHAT THE FUCK. This game makes me want to kill myself via rubber chicken stragulation. I started this, and I'm seeing this through...but it would be helpful if they had a goddamn event box. 'You cant move here' 'That can't be picked up' would be helpful...

[ March 13, 2008: Message edited by: Wooty ]

Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 07:35:00 pm »

If someone could show me a snippet of their character description, it would be much appreciated. As others shouldn't be able to know my name until I introduce myself, I'm trying to think of a way to start my description without "Ustos Osodlibash is..."

[ March 13, 2008: Message edited by: Mephisto ]

Awright, I am now a 4'11" 303lb dwarf who goes by the name of Ustos.

[ March 13, 2008: Message edited by: Mephisto ]

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 07:51:00 pm »

It doesn't have to be much, I don't think. Mine is basically

"A fat little dwarf who resents being named Urist. He smells strongly of cheap liquor and obviously hasn't shaved in a very long time.

Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 10:57:00 pm »

"A stout, beardy fellow, who looks quite amiable and content with his surroundings, but hints at an underlying sternness which could lead to a lit and very short fuse"

Something like that.  If I introduce myself, it should become fairly obvious who I am.

I'll start work on a hatchet and some carving tools so we can get someone started on woodcrafting...  However, that's not until I make a new pick for Dark, since it turns out that they can break from extensive use.  Basically, I'll be trying to make as many iron items as I can manage.

By the way, that damn smith-dwarf gipped me on the iron bars.  He payed a single copper each, when according to the game pricelist they're worth eight.

[ March 13, 2008: Message edited by: Kagus ]

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 12:09:00 am »

"A Dwarf of about 5'. He has a surly look on his face and large creases which appear that he is always frowning. No doubt this Dwarf is old, but his eyes still show the mischievousness of a youth."
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 02:53:00 am »

Well, I can't make carving tools for some reason (guess I'm not skilled enough?), and a hatchet requires a wooden shaft.  Well, in order to get a wooden shaft, you need to cut down a tree for some branches.  In order to cut down a tree for some branches, you need a hatchet.

I've found an NPC who will sell simple tools like that, but it's rather expensive.  I bought some scissors from him, and it cost me more than a quarter of my total coin supply.  

He's also up near another mine some guild representative was kind enough to show me.  As usual, he was trying to get a recruit, but I declined as politely as I could.  He also gave me a rabbit stew of some sort, which is quite helpful for keeping up strength during mining.

I've completed most of a shield, but I'll need leather to make the backing/straps.  No clue where or how to get it, but I'll see if I can't find something.  For now, I'm just heading out to that mine so I can stockpile coal.  There's an iron and copper mine which is much closer, but it doesn't have any coal.  We can just switch between the two and try to haul back as much as we can, and drop it off at our personal depots (apparently, not even roleplaying enthusiasts {Gestapo?} will refrain from placing 'shifting chests of infinity' in their major cities).

If you really want to find me, just keep an eye out for some crazy dwarf who goes around humming.  Yes, I really do that.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 08:29:00 am »

By the way, could you make me some pliers/pincers/pinchers/whatevers? It seems tongs dont work for smelting ore, and I dont want to carry around 10 coal and 10 ore if I can carry around only 10 iron bars.

Edit: Just a question: what is a depot and where can I find it. Their wiki is horribly lacking in information.

Oh, and my dwarf is: "This dwarf has sparse hair and a thick grey beard. His skin is pale and tough, his eyes a deep green, almost grey like stone."

Another question: how do I 'examine' other players so I can identify everyone correctly?

One more thing, it may be worth something checking this out: http://illarion.org/community/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25817

[ March 14, 2008: Message edited by: Dark ]

Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2008, 09:52:00 am »

First, I would like to make you somg crucible pincers, but I'm not yet skilled enough.  Second, depots are chests that appear in certain places (there are two that I know of in Troll's Bane, one is right next to the drying skins outside the workshop/smithy), and can hold an infinite number of items.  And yes, the wiki is pretty lacking.  Thirdly, I have absolutely  no idea how to examine someone.

I also appear to have hit some sort of anti-catassing defence...  Whenever I do a task, I get a message that says "you cannot concentrate on learning right now", so working on smithing is a bit pointless right now.  I've made a nice helmet, shield and mace, however (the mace I managed to make because of one very friendly carpenter who gave me some tool handles).

If You're on now, I can log back in and hand the crucible-pincers off to you so you can start smelting.  I'll also check to see if that reset the learning cap, and it it did, I'll show you the way to the new mines.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008, 10:25:00 am »

I'd try this if I didn't have to install java. Maybe I will try on the old computer.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2008, 10:30:00 am »

"He is a calm looking dwarf with fiery red hair, and oddly enough his beard is tied into two braids."

I'm on right now, I suppose. At least, I will be once I finish this post. Haven't done much yet, though.

EDIT: Wrong word choice.

[ March 14, 2008: Message edited by: Boksi ]

[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21