Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21

Author Topic: Illarion  (Read 42918 times)

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Illarion
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 11:05:00 am »

I'm logging on now. Yeah I got a 'you cannot concentrate on learning right now' after I read a bunch of books in the library and leveled up some magic skills it seems, I have only 7 intelligence so I'm not surprised. Anyway I'll store as much iron as I can in the depot- can other people steal my iron from the depot?
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 11:28:00 am »

Nope.  It's a different chest for each and every player.  Use it for everything, and don't worry about it.  I've been there, mucking with my own stuff while two other people have been interacting with their stuff.

So, yeah.  Every player's stash is kept seperate.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2008, 11:37:00 am »

I'll bring tonnes of coal down there then. Also, I must have an axe for chopping wolves in half with! Wrestling simply wont do, even though tearing wolves apart with your bare hands is awesome really.

Edit: maybe I should train wrestling... I would like to use my pick as a weapon, but perhaps a miner who kills things with his hands is better than one who kills things with an axe.

[ March 14, 2008: Message edited by: Dark ]

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2008, 02:08:00 pm »

Eep, just got out and it's 12:30 AM.   A teensy bit late for me.

Anyways, the game won't let you use a pickaxe as a weapon.  Believe me, I've tried.  And those shields I was showing you are the third tier in shield-making, and they pack in almost eight iron bars (forget the actual number).  The one you picked up takes four.  Same sort of thing goes for that morion, but it's a few tiers higher, instead of just one.  I've got tons of helmet types to choose from...

Ah, just remembered that I forgot to pick up the leather that was laid out.  I use that in shieldmaking, so it's nice to have a few piles handy.

After smithing the scythe, the two shields, finishing off that morion (which I had started a long time ago), and some other things, that iron pile was reduced to 14 ingots.  And I managed to contribute about five bars of my own, due to coal and ore stocks inside my depot chest.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2008, 05:42:00 pm »

So, until we get a place of out own going, where are we hanging out? Trollsbane?
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2008, 07:12:00 pm »

Yep, the Trollsbane crafting building. So far I've yet to see many dwarves, just mostly humans and lizards. So if you see a dwarf, go greet him!

On a side note, some crazy human threw a bottle of flammable liquid at me. However the bottle was fairly sturdy and now I'm carrying around a bottle of flammable liquid of unknown value.

Bottle of flammable liquid.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2008, 11:04:00 pm »

I saw a dwarf...he attacked me with a shovel. I wtf'd him and we went our seperate ways.

Where do you sell ore you've mined?

Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2008, 11:19:00 pm »

Well, you don't really want to...  The dwarven smith NPC in the workshop may take raw ore, but even if he does he'll pay you a single copper per load.  Same goes for finished ingots.

He's a mean old crook, who buys at a tiny fraction of the actual worth and then sells for a 2000% markup.  Just leave him.

You can try selling to some smith players, but they tend to be pretty good about getting their own ore.  Ore is ridiculously easy to get ahold of.  Now, if you're trying to sell coal, that's a different matter.  Then you'll most likely find quite a few buyers among the smiths, if you charge a decent price.

Or, just stockpile it and wait for me to show up.  I can use all the ore and coal I can get my hands on.  All glory for the cause, eh?

Also, Dark.  I wasn't really giving you those items, I was showing them to you.  I can't make anything useful for someone of your profession (except for the shovel, and i could only make one of those), and so I figured I my as well show you what I was practicing smithing with.  It's like those bucklers that are used to train an armorsmith up to an acceptable level in DF.  It's just training material.

Still, you may as well keep the helmet and shield.  Might come to some good use that way.  Oh, and one other thing...  I made a rather fine (yes, this one is actually well made) mace a while ago.  If you're planning on doing a bit of the ol' hack-and-smash, lemme know and I'll hand it over to you.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2008, 10:41:00 am »

For now I think I'll stick with the dwarven tradition of becoming legendary wrestler before picking up a weapon. Anyway I've got no use for the shield for now it seems because you cannot use a shield while wrestling. I'll also hand over those farming tools too since I just realised I have no seeds and I have no idea where to get seeds! If someone here becomes a farmer then they'll be put to better use.

Cant play till 8:00pm GMT today so I probably wont run into you Kagus. Tomorrow maybe.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2008, 10:51:00 am »

Well, I'm out of iron again, so if you could stockpile some coal and ore, that would be most appreciated.  I ran into a carpenter-dwarf a while ago, but I forgot to ask him about a ladle for brewing (however, I did find a couple beehives!  And they're not that far away, either).   With his help, I uncovered a rather nifty bug, which unfortunately rendered an axe I was working on completely useless.

If you get bored of the northern mine, you can try your luck at finding the mines of Silverbrand.  Getting to Silverbrand itself is rather easy, but finding the mine can be a bit difficult if you don't know the way.

It's a bit of a complicated route, so I'll probably have to show you the way...  Oh, by the way, I've got about ten gold bars, as well as five uncut amethysts for you to work with.  That, and I've started getting pretty good at some of the lesser iron items.   I've also got some scissors for you, and a stoneworking chisel.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2008, 02:18:00 pm »

You should know well enough that I'll be getting tonnes of coal and ore for you anyway! Also, arent the Silverbrand mines protected against outsiders? As for the amethysts, I cannot thank you enough, even though I have no way to profit from gems apart from selling them to that Scrooge in the smithy, and he doesnt even buy bluestones or blackstones!

I shall see you tomorrow then. However what about everyone else? Timezone differences may be a problem, so for everyones information I'm GMT.

Edit: Kagus, I'm already a gem cutter, so perhaps I'll be a jeweler too, if you would make me a fine hammer!

[ March 15, 2008: Message edited by: Dark ]

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2008, 01:30:00 am »

I recently saw a transaction between two folks for almost a hundred bluestones.  The deal had been set up beforehand, and the man who was delivering the stones got the agreed-upon price of 20 silvers.  That's a lot of money (at least for us...), so it is possible to find someone who'll take gems.  You just have to keep an eye out...

And the Silverbrand mines are protected against outsider non-dwarves.  If you're not a citizen, you can't use their equipment (furnaces, anvils, so on), but I haven't had anybody bug me about going down there.  But only dwarves are allowed.

I'll make you a hammer as soon as I've got a hammer shaft...  I've got some woodworking tools with me however.  I had to buy some handles from a carpenter dwarf I ran into, and it's really annoying having to buy specific handles for each and every kind of tool.  I got five sickle handles for ten coppers and an old pot helmet I had lying around, and I've still got a couple handles left.  I needed sickle handles for the woodcarving tools.

Eventually, I should be able to make you a new pick.  But, again, that will most likely need its own handle...  Bleedin' crafts system...

Anyways, I'm currently at GMT +5:30.  Sounds stupid, but they insisted on five and a half hours.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2008, 09:51:00 am »

I'm comming online now. I've managed to work up to finding 10 bluestones per mining trip, but out of 20 raw bluestones I only got 6 cut successfully! Going to save cutting for when I'm rested from now on. Also when I asked someone if they knew anyone willing to buy gems, they told me they sold a ruby for 5 coppers, madness! He also said that I should stick a message on the message board in Trollsbane (forum).

Edit: If the game keeps crashing know that the Illarion people are working on it.

By the way Kagus, I've got a tonne of coal and iron ore for you, as well as some gold and a bunch of pig guts and skins.

[ March 16, 2008: Message edited by: Dark ]

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2008, 01:36:00 pm »

i think i'll get in on this, i'm under the name of Rakust Dorenstkzul, i'm a miner, and i'm named after my first legendary miner.
Bullion cancels witty informative post: Interrupted by Logic

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2008, 02:06:00 pm »

If you get online, I'm still wandering around. Also we're in need of a wood cutter and carpenter! We cannot make our +awesome axes+ without -awesome axe handles-.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21