Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21

Author Topic: Illarion  (Read 42549 times)

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Illarion
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2008, 02:26:00 pm »

can you tell me where you are? i'm near the magical gate at trollsbane i -think-
Bullion cancels witty informative post: Interrupted by Logic

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2008, 02:35:00 pm »

I'll come look for you, otherwise meet me at the Trollsbane smithy.

Edit: I've looked all over Trollsbane and I only ran into one dwarf who said 'Tach' to me. Meet me at the northern gate, its at the northwest of Trollsbane.

I found you!

[ March 16, 2008: Message edited by: Dark ]

Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2008, 02:52:00 pm »

yeah, i met a dwarf that said groBe to me, i'll come to the game

germans scare the hell outta me.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2008, 03:57:00 pm »

Good news and bad news! The bad news is Rakust died, the good news is he was brought back to life. The better news is I've struck a deal at selling coal and iron at 2 copper coins per piece, which means 50 units of coal can easily land me 1 silver!

Edit: the bloody brilliant'er news, a 'green bottle' has enough cider in it for a tonne of refills! Just need a cooking spoon now and its drinks galore! I'll probably need a bucket too!

[ March 16, 2008: Message edited by: Dark ]

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2008, 03:53:00 am »

What happened?  How did he manage to get himself killed?

Also, how did he manage to find someone to bring him back to life...?

Yep.  'Grüße' means 'Greetings', and 'Tach' is 'Day', as in the shortened version of 'good day'.  Most folks in there are German, but at least there are a few people who speak a reasonable degree of English.  

And remember:  To switch between languages (common language and dwarf language, since we're dwarves), use the "!l [language]" command.  So, to switch from common to dwarf, use "!l dwarf" (no quotation marks, of course.

Make sure you're doing this in regular speech mode, and that you're not shouting or whispering.  Otherwise, it will ignore the script command and just shout/whisper out "!l dwarf".  I did that recently, shouting out in a strange tongue across half the city.  And then I couldn't spell properly for several minutes after that.

By the way, if you find that trader with the cow again, Merigon-something?  Don't trust him.  The man's a bloody thief, and will always try to make an unfair deal in his favor.  Of course, that is how a merchant is supposed to act, but just be careful you don't undervalue your goods, like I did.  He tried to sell someone 60 onions for 170 coppers, which is most certainly not a fair price.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2008, 09:54:00 am »

Three coppers for one bloody onion? Madness! It's two coppers for a chunk of coal or iron, so how could it be three for a bloody useless onion? Also, this is very important and everyone should take note of this, Rakust died by falling off a cliff. Apparently you can step off high ledges which leads to instant death, unless Rakust was just low on health from the wolves that ambushed us. I now have three furs sitting in my depot.

Of course now I'm going to have to keep some coal and iron in my depot to sell to Nirma next time I see him. It sounded like he was willing to buy insane amounts of both coal and iron, insane! It's starting to look like it was a good choice to become a miner.

Edit: Oh, also, I was with him when he died, so I was able to go about wailing of spirits haunting me, thats when I met Nirma and got such a great deal, anyone, if you die all you need to do is go to the shiny totem in Trollsbane, its at the west side of town near the crafting building. Just look for a marble floor in the middle of the grass and step on it.

[ March 17, 2008: Message edited by: Dark ]

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2008, 10:30:00 am »

So that's what that thing is...  I've been wondering.

Anyways, Dark, keep an eye and an ear out for anyone who'd be interested in buying needles, scissors, pins, chisels, and other smithed crafting goods.  You seem to be picking up on the right people for trading, and I really need to work on my business savvy.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2008, 11:08:00 am »

It was just blasted luck I ran into Nirma, and he was the one who asked if I was selling coal or iron cause me and Rakust were miners! Still, I'll see what I can do. Just so you know, I'm in the north mine at the moment, and I'll be hauling back as much coal as I can carry! Also, of the ten amethysts you gave me, I failed to cut any of them, they all shattered in my hands.  :mad:

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2008, 11:11:00 am »

I'll log in and see if I can find you.  The trip to Silverbrand is shorter and less dangerous than the northern mines, but the coal's just as nice.

Shame about the amethysts though.  Better luck next time, eh?  At least we keep finding more and more of them.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2008, 11:14:00 am »

Thats one good thing at least, I can find about ten or more bluestones per trip to the northern mine, though I can only cut about two or three of them. I supose my gem cutting skill will go up slowly but surely, though failing ten times in a row was just silly! 0% chance of success anyone? Hah.

Edit: Also, happy St.Patricks day everyone, dont drink too much beer unless you're a real life dwarf. Funny that I was reminded of this by someone cheering out in the streets, darn drunks!

Edit #2: There he goes again, screechy fellow whoever he is...

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2008, 11:14:00 am »

well, i've just logged in, and i'll have a look for you two.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2008, 11:27:00 am »

Found one very good thing with the game, pathfinding is brilliant. Right clicking and selecting 'go to' will avoid terrain that slows you down if possible, and will head for terrain that speeds you if possible. Neat!

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2008, 11:33:00 am »

while i'm here, i'd like to ask: how do i  mine?

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2008, 11:35:00 am »

Face the rock you wish to hit and right click on your pick-axe and select use. Not all rocks can be mined, and different rocks give different materials depending on the area. The block shaped rocks give you coal, bluestones and amethysts, the rounded ones with the crack gives you coal, stone and blackstones, the ones that are in pieces give you iron. All of them give you stone, but some more than others.

Edit: Darn that wizard, as Kagus puts it!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2008, 12:44:00 pm »

Well, that was...   Interesting.

I've been crashing again and again for some time.  I managed to spend a fair amount of time in the pub with Erestor, but I eventually got "sucked back into the rift".    He seems like a decent enough chap, and I think we could form a rather profitable relationship.  He was telling me a little bit about his (character's) past, and was just getting around to actually starting in on the good part when I gos zapped again.

Oh, and as for Silverbrand, if it's considered a guild we can't join it.  In order to found a site that's out in the wilderness, you need to have a guild (three active members for three months yadda yadda), and none of the founding members can be a part of any other guild.

It might work, but I'm not sure...  Besides, these are Silverbrand dwarves.  They worship different gods, have different customs, and think a 'plump helmet' is some kind of armor for halflings.  You'll have to find out a few more things.

In the meantime, I'm going to try and finish this axe I'm working on...   I thought I'd need some of that 'magic-metal' to make it, but I managed to at least start the work without any.  However, I'll need another axehandle (damned handles...) before I can continue.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21