Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Accursed Lands  (Read 18009 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Accursed Lands
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2008, 12:26:00 pm »

Anything on the ground in the wilderness disappears.
I found that out the hard way when I logged out for a second with all my stuff on the ground.
Shoes...

Kisab

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2008, 02:44:00 pm »

Yes, yes.  Monsters exist in various forms.  They are there.

Also, unless you happen to put your book up for sale or something, just leaving it out in the random wilderness will make it eventually disappear (this is to prevent from the MUD going crazy, with millions of files loaded at random spots.)

If you were unaware, when you die, you aren't necessarily gone forever.  You can, granted you have on a fetish, come back to life via resurrection that will occur.  It takes roughly 1 hour and fifteen minutes after your death (if no one finds you and resurrects you themself) to come back to life.  You can also pick where you come back to life at, after death, using the "pray" command.  Go to any town where you can find a church, and pray at said church.  Then, in the event of your death, after the 1h15min time, you will wake up wherever you prayed a bit hungry and thirsty, but ready to walk Terrinor once again.

his is great.  I stumble upon this site, and all I get to do is put in my signature.  I''m worth more than that!

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2008, 02:56:00 pm »

Pretty good mud. Haven't run into anyone, yet...

In other news, a rabbit just leapt at me and I managed to block it with my knife, severing it's head. This game is awesome. Oh, and in an attempt to throw something straight up in the air, I accidentally typed "throw up." Great fun.

[ March 25, 2008: Message edited by: Tahin ]

lumin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2008, 10:28:00 pm »

I've heard about the fetishes, but as soon as I find the next village, I'm going to try to sell it or just throw it away.  I think being able to auto-rez really cheapens the RP experience.  I think that if they have to have fetishes then it should be something that you have to find, not something you start with automatically.

I still haven't found a single location of interest in the wilderness.  I'm going on about 8 days lost.  This world is just so massive.  I may just have to try to settle out here and try to survive on my own.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2008, 12:54:00 am »

I had thought about joining that when I was looking for RPI muds,

But I get easily OOC.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2008, 02:07:00 am »

Yes, it can get a bit tiring at times.  Don't know how it is in AL, but it's a bit annoying in Illarion.

I find it quite hard having to supress my newly-invented song of "I can't get no separate faction", a political piece relating to the difficulties involved with setting up an independent community outside of the pre-made cities.

Hee.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2008, 02:35:00 am »

Everyone should note: Mysrra do not have a very large ability to reason, especially with Goblins. Who are near their "Holy City" with weapons.

Cant a goblin hunt some deer without being harassed?

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2008, 02:12:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Torak:
<STRONG>Everyone should note: Mysrra do not have a very large ability to reason, especially with Goblins. Who are near their "Holy City" with weapons.

Cant a goblin hunt some deer without being harassed?</STRONG>

No.

shevat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2008, 05:44:00 am »

i found a more offisial looking wiki at accursed-lands.net, it has alot more articles then editthis.. its alot to read tho
!?!?!?!

Skeeblix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2008, 07:40:00 am »

The UI of Illarion put me off the minute I opened it and the window was too big for my display, even though I run at 1280 x 768. It's too clunky for me, but considering I grew up doing the whole MUD deal, this has my attention.

Thanks for pointing this out, I'm real into high realism, and this will probably become my latest addiction.

This is not a signature.

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2008, 01:51:00 pm »

I don't quite get how fetishes work. Are you supposed to start with one? The in-game help files leave me under the impression that I already have one, but it doesn't want to tell me what it is. My best guess is a ring I've got with an infinity symbol on it, but I really don't know. Anyone care to help?

lumin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2008, 02:47:00 pm »

quote:
I don't quite get how fetishes work.

You're right on.  Everyone starts with a unique fetish.  It's up to you to discover what it is you own IS the fetish.  As long as you're wearing it, you're protected from perma-death, otherwise you will resurrect an hour and a half later (RL) with some skill reduction.

Pages: 1 2 [3]