Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: !!!  (Read 1653 times)

Pi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
!!!
« on: October 23, 2008, 12:09:49 am »

Hydra are tameable!!! I can have  a pet chained to my entrance so powerful that it ate an elite marksdwarf proficient hammerdwarf with no scratches! INSANE! Why can I tame a hydra, but not an ogre?

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
Re: !!!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 12:27:45 am »

You do realize that even though it says tamed, because the Hydra's tasted dwarf blood it will always be hostile to your dwarves? Now they just aren't afraid of it but it still wants to kill them.
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 12:38:27 am »

Yea you pretty much got an uber hydra on yer hands.  And the dungeon master can tame (almost) anything once you get him.  And you can successfully tame a hydra, or dragon or thing like that. 

You just have to make sure IT DOESN'T KILL ANYONE FIRST.  I think dwarves are just too tasty to resist to large scaled reptiles and once they get a taste they become addicted.  Maybe they taste like bearded, booze flavored, chicken.

Mmm... Booze flavored chicken...

But it should be noted that most intelligent or semi-intelligent creatures can't be tamed by any means.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 12:44:36 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 04:32:08 am »

Hydra are tameable!!! I can have  a pet chained to my entrance so powerful that it ate an elite marksdwarf proficient hammerdwarf with no scratches! INSANE! Why can I tame a hydra, but not an ogre?

Eh? You've been registered since march, so I suppose you are playing with DF for quite a long time, and you've never tamed an exotic beast like a hydra?  :o
..as for your question: you cannot tame ogres, because those are humanoids. You must edit their data in the RAWs in order to make them tameable.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 05:12:05 pm »

Yea you pretty much got an uber hydra on yer hands.  And the dungeon master can tame (almost) anything once you get him.  And you can successfully tame a hydra, or dragon or thing like that. 

You just have to make sure IT DOESN'T KILL ANYONE FIRST.  I think dwarves are just too tasty to resist to large scaled reptiles and once they get a taste they become addicted.  Maybe they taste like bearded, booze flavored, chicken.

Mmm... Booze flavored chicken...

But it should be noted that most intelligent or semi-intelligent creatures can't be tamed by any means.

Dwarf the other white meat.

White because they spend so much time underground.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"