Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblins Surrender  (Read 1223 times)

rubendevela

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Goblins Surrender
« on: November 03, 2008, 03:41:44 am »

Hello
After surviving many goblin and elven sieges, a goblin caravan showed up on a winter's day!
I looked at the civilization list and the dwarves were indeed now at peace with the goblins. It looks like after a long war, the goblins have surrendered.

How can I prevent such an occurrence, or at least return to a state of war?

By the way, I removed the BABYSNATCHER tag from the goblins to increase the number of sieges. Could it be related? I really want to eventually get a 100+ size siege.

Thanks

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
Re: Goblins Surrender
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 03:51:07 am »

Hmm... I don't know but it may have something to do with the babysnatcher being removed that helped to not dip the relations. But these things can happen. Also sometimes a member of another race maybe part of a dwarf civilisation. Once someone had an dwarven (elf) queen.?
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)