Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 89

Author Topic: Your best artifact ever  (Read 289827 times)

Oaktree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your best artifact ever
« Reply #1140 on: November 11, 2012, 02:28:07 pm »

So I've gotten four weaponsmith moods that used adamantine...
A spear, a war hammer, a pick, and now I get

Otamoggez ("Noseholes") a menacing adamantine spike
Value: 2820000

This is a menacing adamantine spike.  It is encrusted with cushion quartzite cabochons and round brilliant cut green jades, decorated with giant bat leather and encircled with bands of tapered baguette cut green jades and giant bat bone.  This object is adorned with hanging rings of quartzite and menaces with spikes of adamantine and green jade.

I'm sure the goblins will be going "ooooo, shiny!" while they get impaled by it.
Armorer McUrist cancels forge steel mailshirt, interrupted by minecart

omg_scout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: November 11, 2012, 04:40:26 pm »

I had a goblin bone throne once. It's regular value was almost nonexistent, but it's coolness-priceless.
This one is my favourite. Like the Game of Thrones dragon bone throne, just dwarven version.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: November 12, 2012, 01:54:31 am »

:L

Took 6 years to create. Three years after that, I stormed hell with purely military force with a guy wielding this leading the charge. Half my surviving soldiers are now incapable of feeling pain.
What... What is an ethereal sword? I guess its a mod but what does this weapon do... Why are your dwarves incapable of feeling pain?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: November 12, 2012, 01:57:17 am »

It's from LFR, methinks. Super-sharp. They're probably incapable of pain because of kitten rot or somesuch.

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: November 12, 2012, 05:22:32 am »

The ultimate tax... is your life.

I was tempted to give this one to the hammerer when he dealt with unruly taxpayers, but since there are no unruly taxpayers as of yet, I simply gave it to a hammer lord. It served admirably, braining many a goblin. I find there is a certain elegance in the blunt (hurr hurr) simplicity of design.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

DerNachbar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: November 16, 2012, 05:25:25 pm »

"Tustzalemuthgadan" - "The Malign Beak-Honesties" - a pond turtle shell helm. ;)
Is the material any good as a helmet, protecting from weeklong cave spider gnawing?

Edit: And now i got cow bone greaves. Does the artefact status outweight the flimsy materials? Or are they not that weak at all? I don't have experience with shell or bone armor ;)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 06:45:40 pm by DerNachbar »

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: November 16, 2012, 06:57:03 pm »

They are now TWICE as powerful as ordinary bone armor.  Which is to say, somewhere above wearing two pairs of thick woolen socks.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: November 16, 2012, 07:02:07 pm »

:L

Took 6 years to create. Three years after that, I stormed hell with purely military force with a guy wielding this leading the charge. Half my surviving soldiers are now incapable of feeling pain.
What... What is an ethereal sword? I guess its a mod but what does this weapon do... Why are your dwarves incapable of feeling pain?
Ethereal is from the legends of forlorn realms mod. It's slightly weaker than adamantine.

My dwarves are incapable of feeling pain because the demons had a numbing syndrome. I think it also rotted their skin off, but after a trip to the hospital, they were fine.
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: November 18, 2012, 06:12:29 pm »

Does the artefact status outweight the flimsy materials?
I don't think so. Bone armor is VERY weak vs any metal weapon. I'm not sure, but I think that copper armor would be better than artifact bone armor. Unless you're enemies with wooden weapons (a tribe of bowless elves?) bone armor is basically worthless.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: November 19, 2012, 05:21:14 pm »

Niiiiiiice!  *Raises a mug of dwarven ale!* 

Neothanos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: November 19, 2012, 06:00:37 pm »

A moose loeather loincloth.

search about "moose loincloth" in google image. I'm very worried.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: November 20, 2012, 08:55:15 am »

I was tempted to give this one to the hammerer when he dealt with unruly taxpayers, but since there are no unruly taxpayers as of yet, I simply gave it to a hammer lord. It served admirably, braining many a goblin. I find there is a certain elegance in the blunt (hurr hurr) simplicity of design.

I guess the hammer is the Dwarven AMT.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: November 20, 2012, 11:51:24 am »

'Kay, I'll tell you about my favorite artifact.The item itself is nothing especially fancy, it's the story linked to it's creation that made me remember it when I saw this thread.

EDIT: Removed all of the off-topic. Seriously what was I thinking when writing this? Let's drown everyone in useless information and colour some stuff yellow so it looks less boring?

At the time relevant things started to happen about half of my population were children. And because they were drinking up all of the booze, throwing parties all the time and never did something useful besides getting snatched I decided to get rid of them all at once by walling them in with a goose and no food. While they were walled in, three of them hit puberty and started beating up the others until only one was left. I let him out, because why not? It isn't a bad idea to release a huge pile of death childrem and a premature madman at a bunch of mentally unstable dwarves, is it? Wrong.

After one year of tantrums and vampires killing my dwarves the kid gets a fell mood, crawls out of the belly of the earth, strikes down the only fisherdwarf  and contructs the most awesome armorstand out of his bones.

TL;DR; 2 years old psychomaniac wrestles down an adult dwarf and makes an armorstand out of his bones. No one gives a fuck.
I later used the armorstand for my first dangerroom, which killed about five pets, causing more tantrums and casualities than the murder of 20+ children.
I live this game.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 10:30:01 am by Yuli Vlasi »
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: November 20, 2012, 03:03:22 pm »

I live this game.
Did... did you just confess to being a mass murdering psychopath?
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: November 20, 2012, 03:12:27 pm »

As long as he gets some artifact quality puppy leather chausses out of the deal, it all works out.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 89