Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 89

Author Topic: Your best artifact ever  (Read 289528 times)

LegacyCWAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your best artifact ever
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2008, 03:21:50 pm »

My best in terms of quality was an iron battle axe.  Plus, it filled the mandate for battle axes that one of my nobles had out.

My best in terms of pure awesome was far, far, far beyond a plain ol' metal axe.  It was still a battle axe, but it was made of Goblin bone.  And it got even better: the free decoration in Goblin bone?  It was an Elf prostrating himself before a Dwarf as his civilization was conquered!
HIDE THE WOMEN AND DROWN THE CHILDREN, THE BARON HAS ARRIVED.

Teh Zip File

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2008, 05:24:40 pm »

Ahah! I found out how much that battle axe in the first post was worth.

I also had two artifact adamantine axes at that fortress.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2008, 09:38:46 pm »

My best in terms of quality was an iron battle axe.  Plus, it filled the mandate for battle axes that one of my nobles had out.

My best in terms of pure awesome was far, far, far beyond a plain ol' metal axe.  It was still a battle axe, but it was made of Goblin bone.  And it got even better: the free decoration in Goblin bone?  It was an Elf prostrating himself before a Dwarf as his civilization was conquered!

I bow before your sheer awesome.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2008, 11:37:10 pm »

well, my second (and best so far) artifact ever was a bed... made of dragon skull. with what i assume to be the entire history of the siege that brought the dragon, and the pains went through to kill it. i eventually drowned it. and the 6 immigrants that had JUST arrived, except for that stupid noble that came with them. collecting it's remains was just as hard as bringing it into the cavern which i was flooding. it also menaced with spikes of dragon bone (there went the rest of the skeleton) and was adorned with hoops of diamond and gold.

two frames later: goblin siege.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2008, 12:37:22 am »

Using the mineral mod, I managed to get a ton of Inobtainite and seal the pit (not before one of the demons got out and killed a couple dwarfs, but I handled him, too), and so I see my metalsmith pick up about six bars of Inobtanite.  Now, I'm thinking, he's got huge levels in armormaking.  Proficient at least.  So, I'm optimistic.

It was a statue.  I was almost disappointed, but...

It's worth 2.5 million dwarfbucks.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Archaeologist

• Bay Watcher
  • Predator Angrinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2008, 11:39:14 am »

My favorite is "The Revered Shadow" a Aluminum Short-Sword.

Yeah, Aluminum.

Weird.  But it's worth a ton, is light as a feather, and has killed so many goblin's it's starting to show up engraved on their armor and weapons when they invade.

Lasander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2008, 11:47:00 am »

My dwarves love my completely sublime tastefully arranged Floor Hatch.
Worship!

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2008, 01:55:58 pm »

An aluminum chain mail. I forget the specifics. It had a really silly name though.
Sourvandals the Skinny Guild of Weirds.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2008, 02:28:51 pm »

My most awsomely awsome artifact? WEEEEEELLLLLLLL......

One of my first immagrant waves, it had a bunch of useless people in it (like a soapmaker, would be later remembered as "Soapy, the immortal 1 legged 1 armed blind soapmaker" and a single child. Without missing a beat this kid runs right up to my refuse stockpile and grabs TONS of kobold bones that I had collected rather accrimonously due to my stupidity of placing a single speardwarf on a long winding trail that brought him to dozens of kobolds skulking outside my main area of control. This dude killed 17 Kobolds, and has gone from dabbling to professional speardwarf from killing foxes and Kobolds.

ANYWAY! the kid made "The Syrup of Replies" a kobold bone floodgate, that menaces with spikes of kobold bone.
It is now the gate to the partially constructed mosoleum made of kitty fat soap were a statue made of kitty fat soap stands in honor to Soapy. I MISS YA SOAPY!

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2008, 02:31:09 pm »

Also, I was planning on making coffins made out of soap, but unfourtunatly it wont let me. hopefully my grand soapmaker will go nuts and make a coffin made out of soap.....
That menaces with spikes of kobold bone.

cbfog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2008, 05:52:17 pm »

I usually get crap like legendary buckets but my first artifact on my new fortress is a pig-tail THONG called "The Furious Strangulation"  :-X

Naturally, all my engravings now feature a legendary thong.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2008, 08:42:06 pm »

You should train all your marksdwarves to legendary hooker skill.  :-*
Step 1: train them up on jewlers and soapmakers
Step 2: Work them up to nobles

overlordFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2008, 07:26:32 am »

My marksdwarf shot my armoursmith in the leg while practising, after he recovered the dwarf was possesed and made an artifiact....

"Leghurt the copper leggings" it was called.

"On this item is the image of a dwarf and a dwarf in copper. The dwarf is shooting the dwarf."

I love this game...

cbfog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2008, 12:56:54 am »

Actually I was just thinking about this and getting something like an artifact bucket isn't too bad since you could make a kick ass well out of it that may even be better than a nicely appointed dining room as far as happy thoughts goes.

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2008, 01:51:45 pm »

A well can be awesomely wellthy.
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 89