Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 89

Author Topic: Your best artifact ever  (Read 289579 times)

salttotart

• Bay Watcher
  • Ackbar is always right!
    • View Profile
Re: Your best artifact ever
« Reply #270 on: April 21, 2009, 08:13:37 pm »

Kinda tiny. You have a better screenshot?
Do I dare ask what you have you resolution set to?
If this all doesn't fix it, your dwarfs are lazy. Apply magma.
"And thereafter, all dwarven children were taught to mind their stools, lest the toilet-fiends snatch their souls from their bottoms"
Try rubbing a cat on it, that seems to help.

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 21, 2009, 08:16:09 pm »

Possibly the worst waste of adamant, but one of my dwarves used 6 adamantine bars to make a barrel... at least its worth over a million...
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

Tcei

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear me! I am Bekat the Adorable Skull!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 21, 2009, 09:01:51 pm »

Kinda tiny. You have a better screenshot?
Do I dare ask what you have you resolution set to?

screens 1680x1050

The game window is 1680X600 if I recall right... Forgot photobucket doesnt like anyting over 800x600... here's the bigger version
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 09:08:26 pm by Tcei »
....They just refuse to stay down unless butchered, in which case their skins will haunt you until you subdue and tan them. Never has legendary butcher and legendary tanner seemed so valueable as in this release.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 23, 2009, 12:19:11 pm »

well, my training master weaponsmith got a possesion, and soon enough made a screw.  Oh, well, empty pump in dining room then, nothing more notable... except...

As a 200 year world due to megabeast survivability, apparantly this is the most notable event in all of history.

Every year since then images of it encrust the goods of dwarves, humans, and elves as they come to trade.  but worse than that, the very season after it is created, the goblin ambush leader is wearing... an exceptional pair of giant cave spider silk socks with the screw on them TWICE.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 23, 2009, 12:24:33 pm »

Every year since then images of it encrust the goods of dwarves, humans, and elves as they come to trade.  but worse than that, the very season after it is created, the goblin ambush leader is wearing... an exceptional pair of giant cave spider silk socks with the screw on them TWICE.

He must really want that screw.  Can we get pictures of it?
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 23, 2009, 12:53:53 pm »

Bubnusshilràr, "Scouredtulip", and enormous Steel corkscrew

This is a enormous Steel corkscrew.  All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is studded with Steel and decorated with rhesus macaque bone. On the item is an image of blazing suns in Felsite.

Weight: 1256  Value: 74400

I imagine it to be tulip shaped.  Maybe
i should put it in a trap if they like it so much.

Of course, the one I like better, and maybe good adventureer gear even from the same fort (got me a legendary weaver at least:

Dural Nilim, "The Honor of Tweeting", a Pig tail tunic

This is a Pig tail tunic. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with Lead and Pig iron and encircled with bands of cow leather. It is made from pig tail cloth. The thread is red, well-colored with Redroot Dye. On the item is an image of a large gem in Pig tail (loom is right next to jewelers, and lots of large green glass gems come out of there).
On the item is an image of Kûbuk Craftlulls the dwarf and dwarves in green glass. Kûbuk Craftlulls is surrounded by dwarves.  The artwork relates to the ascension of the dwarf Kûbuk Craftlulls to the leadership of The Slave of Books in 163.

Weight: 15    Basic Value: 31800
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 01:04:55 pm by Time Kitten »

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 24, 2009, 12:22:03 pm »

Bubnusshilràr, "Scouredtulip", and enormous Steel corkscrew

This is a enormous Steel corkscrew.  All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is studded with Steel and decorated with rhesus macaque bone. On the item is an image of blazing suns in Felsite.

Weight: 1256  Value: 74400

I imagine it to be tulip shaped.  Maybe
i should put it in a trap if they like it so much.

Of course, the one I like better, and maybe good adventureer gear even from the same fort (got me a legendary weaver at least:

Dural Nilim, "The Honor of Tweeting", a Pig tail tunic

This is a Pig tail tunic. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with Lead and Pig iron and encircled with bands of cow leather. It is made from pig tail cloth. The thread is red, well-colored with Redroot Dye. On the item is an image of a large gem in Pig tail (loom is right next to jewelers, and lots of large green glass gems come out of there).
On the item is an image of Kûbuk Craftlulls the dwarf and dwarves in green glass. Kûbuk Craftlulls is surrounded by dwarves.  The artwork relates to the ascension of the dwarf Kûbuk Craftlulls to the leadership of The Slave of Books in 163.

Weight: 15    Basic Value: 31800
Heheh, execute them with it.

Urist Mcgoblinleader: "AT LAST, I AM IN THE PRESENCE OF SCOUREDTULIP, NOW ALL I NEED TO DO IS-" Splat

At least he would get it eventually, aww happy endings. Make me have a tear in my eye! :)
stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

Mount

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 25, 2009, 08:52:57 am »

well, my training master weaponsmith got a possesion, and soon enough made a screw.  Oh, well, empty pump in dining room then, nothing more notable... except...

As a 200 year world due to megabeast survivability, apparantly this is the most notable event in all of history.

Hey, EVERYONE loves a good screw.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 25, 2009, 02:55:00 pm »

<rimshot>

• Bay Watcher
  • Dammit John.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 25, 2009, 06:21:32 pm »

geoduck

• Bay Watcher
  • mollusk
    • View Profile
    • Geoduck's Page
« Reply #280 on: April 25, 2009, 08:15:26 pm »

One of the guys in my current fort produced a pretty snazzy spear:

Worth just over a million 100,000 dwarfbucks. The crown and the amulet are previous artifacts, although I don't know where the trumpets came from. And why anyone would want to commemorate a wooden crown with a toad and a cabinet on it is beyond me.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 09:21:49 pm by geoduck »
Geoduck's graphic set: simple and compact!

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 25, 2009, 09:16:25 pm »

Obviously it is expected to become part of the king's regalia...
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 25, 2009, 09:17:12 pm »

It's cursed.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

IceShade

• Bay Watcher
  • YOUR HEAD ENGSMSPLODE
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 26, 2009, 08:56:23 am »

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #284 on: April 27, 2009, 11:58:50 pm »

Not my best, but definitely my funniest:

"Mengthulsub, The Inconsiderate Drip, a Pig Tail Sock."
10 bucks says at least one dwarf will die for this sock.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 89