Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 89

Author Topic: Your best artifact ever  (Read 289447 times)

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your best artifact ever
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2008, 06:24:08 pm »

Tumamnomes, "The Moral Diversion", an Adamantine spear, 1084800☼

This is an Adamantine Spear. all craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  it is encrusted with blue garnet and encircled with bands of rope reed.  This object is adorned with hanging rings of Adamantine and menaces with spikes of raccoon leather, human bone, and Raw Adamantine. On the item is an image of an elf in frog demon bone.
Playing a cheesemaker in an average Fortress 'round here would be. Freaking. Terrifying.

mythmonster2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2008, 12:27:12 am »

Frog... Demon... Bone... Seriously, if you're going to use demon bones, at least make SOMETHING be cringing. It woulda been awesome if it showed the death of that particular demon in its own bones.
Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.
And neither can I...

cbfog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2008, 02:20:01 am »

Frog... Demon... Bone... Seriously, if you're going to use demon bones, at least make SOMETHING be cringing. It woulda been awesome if it showed the death of that particular demon in its own bones.

You can't really control what artifacts or engravings depict... the dwarves decide on that.
Like you might have had an awesome zombie fish mob assault that a heroic team of 3 swordsdwarves massacred effortlessly and your next masterpiece engraving will be of a retarded artifact you made in the early fort like a legendary thong being held trimuphantly aloft

mythmonster2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2008, 05:50:30 pm »

You can't really control what artifacts or engravings depict... the dwarves decide on that.
Like you might have had an awesome zombie fish mob assault that a heroic team of 3 swordsdwarves massacred effortlessly and your next masterpiece engraving will be of a retarded artifact you made in the early fort like a legendary thong being held trimuphantly aloft
Yeah, specially civ symbols pop up a whole lot.
Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.
And neither can I...

_Acorn_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2008, 12:32:18 pm »

Rovodtinoth Sankestonshen, Archequals the Fabulous Chants, a Adamantine short sword

Weight 6, Basic Value 2,520,000

This is a Adamantine short sword.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is studded with Adamantine and encircled with bands of Adamantine.
On the item is an image of Cerol Playmachines the dwarf and dwarves in Adamantine.  Cerol Playmachines is surrounded by the dwarves.  The artwork relates to the ascension of the dwarf Cerol Playmachines to leadership of The Pleated Iron in 100.

My metalsmith took over the forge next to an unused adamantine stockpile.  I was hoping to train him up to Legendary before he started working with the good stuff, but I'm glad that he decided to start early  :o

Do artifact weapons get better damage bonuses than masterworks?  Is there a way to mod an Adventurer to start with relics from past fortresses?  I intend to melt and reforge all the non-masterpiece adamantine armor this fortress produces, and think it would be awesome to begin as an adventurer in full Mastercraft Adamatine Plate Mail with an artifact Adamantine short sword . . . *drools*

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2008, 12:41:24 pm »

My marksdwarf shot my armoursmith in the leg while practising, after he recovered the dwarf was possesed and made an artifiact....

"Leghurt the copper leggings" it was called.

"On this item is the image of a dwarf and a dwarf in copper. The dwarf is shooting the dwarf."

I love this game...
This is the best artifact EVER.  Not even that adamantine sword with the dying demons and evil dwarves on it and the badass name I can't remember beats this.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2008, 04:15:09 pm »

Dwarves can shoot each other? I've had peasants come in to clean out archery ranges during practice and stand right in front of the target without any harm coming to them.
Playing a cheesemaker in an average Fortress 'round here would be. Freaking. Terrifying.

LegacyCWAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2008, 05:34:50 pm »

They can't shoot each other by accident, but there's times when they shoot each other on purpose.  This would usually happen during worldgen when conquests and babynapping can lead to non-dwarf civs having dwarf citizens.  Such events are fair game for any sort of decorations.  Additionally, if a hostile dwarf (either conquered/babynapped-during-worldgen or else going berserk or something) gets near your marksdwarves, that can lead to bearded pincushions.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 05:36:38 pm by LegacyCWAL »
HIDE THE WOMEN AND DROWN THE CHILDREN, THE BARON HAS ARRIVED.

Bobokapi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2008, 09:11:36 pm »

silly names

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2008, 09:34:59 pm »

An artifact flute. I thought it was useless, but then I looked at the materials... It was made of carp leather, bonded with unicorn leather and it had menacing spikes made from elephant bones... that was cool.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2008, 09:48:08 pm »

An artifact flute. I thought it was useless, but then I looked at the materials... It was made of carp leather, bonded with unicorn leather and it had menacing spikes made from elephant bones... that was cool.
If only it were a sword . . . then it would empower its wielder with all the terrible strength of DF's most deadly creatures.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2008, 10:18:13 pm »

it would make for one badass bard though.

That would shut Tellah up.

Tayrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2008, 11:02:24 pm »

I just got a new artifact; it's my most valuable so far:

Babinìtdùn, "The Friendly Charm", a Adamantine plate mail

Weight: 30Γ

Basic Value: 4772400☼

This is a Adamantine plate mail. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with Cinnabar, decorated with cave lobster shell and encircled with bands of Adamantine. This object menaces with spikes of Star ruby and Cinnabar. On the item is an image of a narrow crescent in Adamantine.
On the item is an image of Momuz Orbmurders the dwarf and dwarves in Adamantine. Momuz Orbmurders is surrounded by the dwarves. The artwork relates to the ascension of the dwarf Momuz Orbmurders to leadership of The Lush Worthy Flag of Curiousity in 72.
On the item is an image of a kobold bulb in cave lobster shell.
On the item is an image of Tomesrent the Cunning Girders the Adamantine chain mail in goblin bone.
On the item is an image of The Friendly Charm the Adamantine plate mail in giant cave spider chitin.

worldspawn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2008, 02:53:41 am »

Wait so that artifact has a picture of itself on it? Screw the rest just keep that,  just in case the dwarf wearing it needed to be reminded that he was in fact wearing platemail.

LegacyCWAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2008, 01:33:25 pm »

It says it's an image of a different Adamantine platemail on it.

Of course, this implies that this one is his fort's second - or even third or fourth or Nth - artifact adamantine platemail :o

Basic Value: 4772400☼
Unholy Armok, 4.8 MILLION monies?

Edit: Also, I forgot what the alt-numbers thingy for the ☼ symbol is :-[ .  Can somebody remind me of it?
HIDE THE WOMEN AND DROWN THE CHILDREN, THE BARON HAS ARRIVED.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 89