Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 89

Author Topic: Your best artifact ever  (Read 288395 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your best artifact ever
« Reply #405 on: November 29, 2009, 07:54:23 pm »

Maybe if I wear it... I'll BECOME one of them!

yes...

A-chana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 29, 2009, 08:43:24 pm »

BEST IDOL EVER.

This is why you clear out stone once in a while.

A weaponsmith gives thanks to the monkeys and the champions who slaughtered them. Too bad it was a possession.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 29, 2009, 10:13:51 pm »

Best artifact?
I would have to say the Carp Bone spear. It had a picture of Rat Weed... in elf leather. Bahaha.  8)
elf leather

Can you tell us how you were able to get elf leather?

MelloHero

• Bay Watcher
  • 無基督、我無也。
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 29, 2009, 11:01:58 pm »

^First, you strip an elf from the herd (protip: tell him there's a tree that wants to talk to him). Then you club him real good...
Even if you have dwarves decked out in cotton candy they will still have fun with clowns.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 29, 2009, 11:04:27 pm »

^First, you strip an elf from the herd (protip: tell him there's a tree that wants to talk to him). Then you club him real good...

Let's be serious here for a second. You can't, in general, make shit out of goblin or kobold skin, so unless I'm missing something here, or you've modded your game, you shouldn't be able to use elf skin either.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 29, 2009, 11:07:57 pm »

You also can't make things out of dwarf leather, but fell moods do anyway. Artifacts aren't subject to the same rules as the rest of the game.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 30, 2009, 01:38:35 am »

You also can't make things out of dwarf leather, but fell moods do anyway. Artifacts aren't subject to the same rules as the rest of the game.

Dwarf leather objects come from fell moods.  I sincerely doubt that fell moods grab visiting elves, hilarious as that would be.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 30, 2009, 08:13:12 am »

I sincerely doubt that fell moods grab visiting elves, hilarious as that would be.

You don't generally get [humanoid] leather, because you can't butcher them. Apparently, a fell mood will lead to the butchering of a dwarf, so I don't think butchering an elf that way is entirely unthinkable. It would still be very unusual, so we need Dakoth to explain how he got his elf leather.

If, by any chance, it was modding to make humanoids in general, or at least elves, butcherable, then we need info on how he did it this instant.

balath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 30, 2009, 08:16:50 am »

Can HFS contain elf leather?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 08:36:07 am by balath »
What would you do if seven small, beared men marched into your home and started to dig out a city in your basement?

balath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 30, 2009, 08:33:35 am »

Have fun with those sieges.

Yeah, by the time my fortress population was at 50, I'd had 25 deaths.  Narrowly escaped the tantrum spiral because I had a jail and fully functional fortress guard set up.

On topic:
Mozibruthosh, "Swalloweddistance," a raw adamantine hatch cover.  Value 663600.  Encrusted with raw adamantine.  Decorated with dog leather and titan bone.  Menaces with spikes of dragon bone.  On it is an image of an [other] adamantine hatch cover.

First, I let the mason have the Titan and Dragon bones because my pet dragon had just been killed by goblins and I hoped to commemorate him.  Maybe, thought I, this mason will make a door or something I can install at the front gate of my fortress, so I let him use all of my megabeast remains.  At least he didn't make an idol.

Second, this was my third hatch cover, and my second raw adamantine one.  (The first was made before I struck the HFS.)  Seriously, masons, make something else.

Whoops, DP.  Apologies.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 08:35:10 am by balath »
What would you do if seven small, beared men marched into your home and started to dig out a city in your basement?

Teranar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 30, 2009, 11:37:41 am »

My best artifact was a mechanism that featured pictures of goblins and dwarves burning, and I put it into a lever that activated something I simply have codenamed 'The Nose of Armokk'

The first time I successfully used it, 100 goblins, 20 trolls, and 10 dwarves died. Good times.

Adamantine Fist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 01, 2009, 12:22:27 am »

Best artifact ever was a rose gold anvil decorated with silver, sapphires and a slew of other materials (glass, shell, wood). Worked out to about 500,000-ish moneys. The most impressive thing was the metalcrafter who made it. She had a broken leg. The magma forge was at the top of my fort, right on the crater. Most of my goods stockpiles were on the very bottom: 5 z-levels down and half of the (5x5) map away!
>.>
<.<
I think your dwarf may actually be Hephaestus in disguise...
and D) involve Clippy, the helpful paperclip, to tell you what to do.
It looks like you are trying to commit elven genocide! What would you like to do?

MelloHero

• Bay Watcher
  • 無基督、我無也。
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 01, 2009, 12:37:51 am »

Got a leather backpack named "The Sanctuary of Ownership." Thought it was appropriate.
Even if you have dwarves decked out in cotton candy they will still have fun with clowns.

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 01, 2009, 01:28:59 am »

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 01, 2009, 02:02:53 am »

Can HFS contain elf leather?

the HFS that i had contained elf leather, along with human leather, elf meat, dwarf meat and human meat. this led to several, shall we say, interesting meals being offered to the next caravan of said race
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 89