Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 89

Author Topic: Your best artifact ever  (Read 289530 times)

Tayrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your best artifact ever
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2008, 12:21:42 pm »

Sparkleink! Made of gold, too. I like that one; it sounds very shiny.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2008, 03:01:11 am »

Azothtathtat Arban Fastam, Immortalityplunge the Cradle of Jailers, a Steel war hammer.

http://img381.imageshack.us/my.php?image=artifactqg6.png

Side bonus: Fey Mood :)
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Grumman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2008, 04:49:01 pm »

Sigun Kosothamost, Peasant has created Amemmatul, a human bone armour stand!

I've got a human skeleton as a hat rack! I think I'm going to put it in the broker's office.

Tayrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2008, 08:50:22 pm »

I now also have Terstum Sákrith, "The Destruction of Blazing", an adamantine long sword that is worth 864,000☼:

This is a Adamantine long sword. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of Star sapphire.
On the item is an image of Amazedditches the Stability of Butchers the Adamantine plate mail in Adamantine.
On the item is an image of a cut gems in Star ruby.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 08:53:39 pm by Tayrin »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2008, 11:49:33 pm »

On the item is an image of a cut gems in Star ruby.

That's a fucking ripoff. All the dwarf did was pound the ruby into the thing and call it an "image of a cut gem."

*thumbs up*
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2008, 01:51:25 am »

I had human bones carved into a helm (human bones from the liaison btw, who died in a cage of mine cause he fainted every tile due to not having any feet). Wished it could have been possible with his skull though.
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.

A Horrid Little Monkey

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2008, 04:27:23 am »

My most memorable artifact so far has been a donkey leather thong menacing with spikes of donkey leather.

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2008, 04:29:06 am »

From what part of the d..nah, can't do it.
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2008, 05:54:20 am »

On the item is an image of Amazedditches the Stability of Butchers the Adamantine plate mail in Adamantine.
Hehe it comes in a set :D have every one ever made a full set of adamantin artifacts?(preferably with images of each-other on them but not needed)
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2008, 06:56:00 am »

I just got this one and I think it's my most awesome ever (since I've never even gotten artifact weapon or armor worthy of note):

Atolteshkad, "The True Price", a Saguaro bucket

This is a Saguaro bucket.  All craftsmanship is of the highest quality.  It is decorated with giant cave spider silk.  On the item is an image of The True Price the Saguaro bucket in Saguaro.

O_O Self referential bucket!  IT CONTAINS ITSELF!
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Tayrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2008, 07:32:41 am »

Hehe it comes in a set :D have every one ever made a full set of adamantin artifacts?(preferably with images of each-other on them but not needed)

Not quite, but so far in this fortress I have an adamantine artifact battle axe, crossbow, long sword, mace, pick, scourge, short sword, spear, war hammer, 2 plate mails, 3 chain mails, left gauntlet, 3 right gauntlets, greaves, chain leggings, 2 high boots, 2 shoes, 3 shields and a buckler.

Droqen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2008, 04:53:55 pm »

Not amazing but it made me happy :3 Also the name is nice.

Evonavuz, "Lovermined", a Platinum plate mail
This is  a Platinum plate mail.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It  is encircled with bands  of Platinum and Picture  jasper. This object is adorned with hanging rings of Maple and menaces with spikes of Platinum.
On the item is an image of a dwarf and dwarves in Native platinum. The dwarf is surrounded by the dwarves.

You can't normally make plate mail out of platinum, right?

---> Oh, by the way, it's valued at 628800☼

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2008, 05:08:33 pm »

artifacts can be anything made out of anything and be built in workshops where it can't normally be made.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2008, 07:00:58 pm »

Kind of off topic here, but can you give me a link to Sean's mods?

Er ya, No arty but one of my fey dwarves went insane on his way to the metal workshop, cheifly because an ettin was attacking at said time, and the workshop got in it's way.

H gave it a red head.
...and then my dwarves chopped the dude to bits.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2008, 07:07:30 pm »

A glass animal trap. Not for use, but because it saved my dwarves from my king. He was unhappy, and about to rage over not having proper rooms, when bam! A glassmaker went fey and produced it. Shoved the thing in the kings room and he admired it so fiercely he went estatic.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 89