Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 89

Author Topic: Your best artifact ever  (Read 282318 times)

coolguy1351

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your best artifact ever
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2008, 05:02:59 pm »

Lunrudumoz, the Distinguished Rampage, a Sterling silver plate mail.

Pretty sweet.

ArkDelgato

• Bay Watcher
  • ERROR - LOGICAL FALLACY
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2008, 03:21:37 pm »

artifacts can be anything made out of anything and be built in workshops where it can't normally be made.
Is it possible to have a "This is a Potash chainmail." type item?

LegacyCWAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2008, 04:45:57 pm »

Erm...depends on your definition of "possible".

I assume that the artifact code would allow it: if an artifact had potash as its main ingredient, then it would be "a Potash <whatever>".  However, AFAIK stuff like potash will never actually be an ingredient for an artifact, much less the main ingredient.  Though that may be changeable with modding.
HIDE THE WOMEN AND DROWN THE CHILDREN, THE BARON HAS ARRIVED.

Plank of Wood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2008, 05:00:23 pm »

An adamantine sword, menaces with spikes of adamantine and steel, has an image of a dward stabbing a goblin in adamantine, has an image of a carp surrounded by carp, the carp is screaming, the carp are in the fetal position.

The name of this mighty instrument of doom? Tablecloth.

Tablecloth.
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
They're like little bearded corals.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2008, 05:06:38 pm »

artifacts can be anything made out of anything and be built in workshops where it can't normally be made.
Is it possible to have a "This is a Potash chainmail." type item?

potash isn't considered a building material until its made into block form, and even then, it can only be used for constructions or only a few types of artifacts which require blocks.

Bobokapi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2008, 05:24:13 pm »

Amkol Kirar, "The Counsellors of Right", a large, serrated Adamantine disk.  value: 1083600
I can't wait for adventure mode...

Ririka

• Bay Watcher
  • 1 out of 8000
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2008, 09:45:04 pm »

I bet you're all jealous.
Call me Rika.
'I often don't know where my Luggage is, that's what being a tourist is all about,'said Twoflower.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2008, 11:15:03 pm »

Considering that I have a bandfire opal right next to my Platinum Sarcophagus and Basalt Grate and in the same room as my Oaken Cage artifacts, not overly.  If it were a bucket, I would be jealous.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Ririka

• Bay Watcher
  • 1 out of 8000
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2008, 11:24:06 pm »

...I shouldn't use sarcasm on the internet...Sorry about that.
Call me Rika.
'I often don't know where my Luggage is, that's what being a tourist is all about,'said Twoflower.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2008, 11:38:09 pm »

Oops.  I will just hide my head in shame now, yes? :-[
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Viprince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2008, 08:47:30 am »

So far my "best" useful artifact is a lobster shell helmet otherwise I'v got a quern a turtle shell animal trap and all kinds of crappy trinkets made of stone and wood which results in a ton of flashing dwarven childrena bout the place.

I just thought ye know, how pissed must the right handed champion wrestler be when the fey armoursmith gives him a left adamantine gauntlet.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2008, 02:34:48 pm »

Dwarves are ambidextrous.

My best was a black bronze spear with hanging rings of fox leather and menacing spikes of mica. I just thought it was awesoome. The name was not memorable, however.

Also, Plank: You lie. The carp engraving is impossible.

galmud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2008, 10:20:42 pm »

In my current fort I had years of dissapointing and worthless artifacts like 3 artifact stone earrings, a hatchcover etc.

But finally just now, a dwarf created something awesome and valuable. The weaponsmith Datan, created Greatestbrushs the Held Eviscerator a Adamantine battle axe worth 1106400 dwarfbucks.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not only did I get a legendary weaponsmith. This was by far my most valuable artifact ever.. until..

Just seconds after Datan had created her legendary Adamantine battleaxe, Urist the metalcrafter becomes possesed and claims a forge. He collects a whole bunch of stuff works furiously and creates Elderbowel an Adamantine harp worth 1490400¤, adorned with an image in Adamantine of the second most valuable arifact in the fort: Greatestbrushs the Held Eviscerator. Dont know why Urist thought it a nice finishing touch with an image of a toad, especially since he detests toads..

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

AtomicDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2008, 06:26:29 pm »

I remember my first artifact was a rope...
Since it was the only rope/chain in my fortress at the time, it was used to make my well.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 89