Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 89

Author Topic: Your best artifact ever  (Read 287278 times)

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Your best artifact ever
« Reply #375 on: October 15, 2009, 08:24:09 am »

So far, my Kobold Camp has only made one artifact, a wooden statue. It's still the most expensive item in the camp (4500 dwarfbucks) even it if is on the cheap side. It now entertains my kobolds and distracts them from the vermin and lack of a well.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 21, 2009, 07:58:16 pm »

My fortress is 16 years old. I got 6 migrants in the 3d year, then they stopped coming, presumably due to my starting civ being too small.

Finally, my population is over 20.
My expedition leader is called Hammerforge (by me, at the beginning of the game). He is already legendary in weaponsmithing (I cheated some on embark with Dtil).
The very first mood I get is a fey mood, and Hammerforge is the one taken by it.
He proceeds to grab a single bar of adamantine (I have modded in a reaction to make adamantine from 2 steel, 1 pig iron, 1 iron, flux and coal), and starts working furiously.
He made an adamantine warhammer named Fatscaly. Worth 720000 dwarfbucks.

Now that is a nice start for the artifact list. Bit of a shame it has no decorations, but still.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Mraedis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 26, 2009, 02:35:24 pm »

My fortress is 16 years old. I got 6 migrants in the 3d year, then they stopped coming, presumably due to my starting civ being too small.

Finally, my population is over 20.
My expedition leader is called Hammerforge (by me, at the beginning of the game). He is already legendary in weaponsmithing (I cheated some on embark with Dtil).
The very first mood I get is a fey mood, and Hammerforge is the one taken by it.
He proceeds to grab a single bar of adamantine (I have modded in a reaction to make adamantine from 2 steel, 1 pig iron, 1 iron, flux and coal), and starts working furiously.
He made an adamantine warhammer named Fatscaly. Worth 720000 dwarfbucks.

Now that is a nice start for the artifact list. Bit of a shame it has no decorations, but still.

I declare your artifact invalid because of haxes. D:
GENERATION 30:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Grimic

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma cures all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 26, 2009, 07:55:18 pm »

Three interesting artifacts from my last fort:

Staleblanch the Lovely Lull, a cat bone battle axe.
Floodrock, a cat bone spear.
Embracegranite, a cat leather long skirt.

I love the name of the battle axe. Also, I think all three of these were made by children.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 26, 2009, 10:09:14 pm »

Three interesting artifacts from my last fort:

Staleblanch the Lovely Lull, a cat bone battle axe.
Floodrock, a cat bone spear.
Embracegranite, a cat leather long skirt.

I love the name of the battle axe. Also, I think all three of these were made by children.

You, sir, have too many cats.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 26, 2009, 10:20:08 pm »

He's got a couple less than he used to.

ManaUser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 27, 2009, 01:46:46 am »

I'm rather fond of the artifact my gem crafter made in current fort. Uvóthråsh, a the faint yellow diamond cage. Until recently I was using it to hold a dragon in the baroness's bedroom. (Then I needed the dragon for something else, so for now she just has the cage as a decoration.)
Akur Akir Akam!

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 27, 2009, 03:26:42 am »

one of my dwarfs made a Sock. I dont know its name anymore because it was in one of those old forts but
it was made from gaint cave spider silk decorated with Cat eyes with menacing spikes of pig cloth.

the second it was made all my champions ran towards the workshop to get that sock

TheDarkJay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 27, 2009, 07:42:08 am »

I had a 20-square long grate trap set-up which sent all invaders (and a few 'unfortunate' testing cats) plummeting 10 z-levels to their demise.

Whilst creating the chasm I struck a lot of gold, so my fort became wealthy. So wealthy I attracted quite the large siege chasing some human caravaners. Ah the fun I had watching that XD

Shortly afterwards a dwarf created a golden spear, encircled with bands of orc and human bone, and was engraved with pictures of orcs colliding with obstacles (aka. plummeting to their deaths) and humans being slaughtered by orcs.

The Humans all died right at the doorstep, meaning the mental image I have is literally a comic strip of an orc slaughtering a human, then taking a few steps and vanishing as the ground opens up beneath it.

it was ridiculously expensive, and I proceeded to have it placed in the tomb of my the dwarf who created it in the form of an upright spear trap.

The tomb itself was balanced on a single support, attached to the lever, just to be fittingly evil to any would-be adventurers >=3
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 10:07:48 am by TheDarkJay »

darthbob88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 31, 2009, 02:09:44 pm »

The quality is less than awesome but the name's interesting. Enam Kednath, "The Purity of Naughtiness", a siltstone miniforge. Siltstone, decorated and encrusted with siltstone, blue shark leather, gold, chestnut, and some more siltstone, with images in siltstone, turtle shell, and horse leather. Could have gotten it more valuable if I'd been clever, but didn't care enough. Still, "The Purity of Naughtiness".

Drug_unit

• Bay Watcher
  • he needs the golden gauntlets to pimp slap whit
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 31, 2009, 02:35:20 pm »

My most epic artifact is my Admanatine shield named
FIGHTCALLED(pics included)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dwarven statistics: When something is considered unlikely, the presence of dwarves increases the likelyhood of the unusual event occuring.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Besides, it's somehow enjoyable to think of groundhogs stacked to the very top of a cage and flooding out to kill.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #386 on: November 02, 2009, 07:06:50 pm »

This one isn't very valuable, but I found it amusing.

Sungconfuses the Blazes of Spoiling, a raccoon leather thong.  It is decorated with turtle shell and encircled with bands of raccoon leather.

So far, so good, but then:

On the item is an image of Kib Confinedblockade the dwarf in rat leather.
On the item is an image of The Wooden Tooth the rope reed chausse in cave spider silk.

Kib Confinedblockade is the king of the mountainhome.

So, on this thong is an image of the king and an artifact pair of armor-grade socks?  I wonder who would wear such a thing?   :D
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 02, 2009, 11:05:41 pm »

This one isn't very valuable, but I found it amusing.

Sungconfuses the Blazes of Spoiling, a raccoon leather thong.  It is decorated with turtle shell and encircled with bands of raccoon leather.

So far, so good, but then:

On the item is an image of Kib Confinedblockade the dwarf in rat leather.
On the item is an image of The Wooden Tooth the rope reed chausse in cave spider silk.

Kib Confinedblockade is the king of the mountainhome.

So, on this thong is an image of the king and an artifact pair of armor-grade socks?  I wonder who would wear such a thing?   :D

There ya go.  It is a single, armor-grade sock.  Artifacts never come in pairs.  Speaking of which, I once had either a steel or an adamantine chausse.  I wonder what I did with that world.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Gothmog

• Bay Watcher
  • Demands item in bedroom
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 04, 2009, 07:23:24 am »

Okay, this one is almost worthless (3600☼) and certainly useless (wooden scepter), but it also qualifies as a  rare proof of dwarven truthfulness.

MelloHero

• Bay Watcher
  • 無基督、我無也。
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 06, 2009, 12:31:05 am »

Anyone else think about giving visual interpretations to some of these? I've got two down right now, just need to ink and color them. Requests, anyone?
Even if you have dwarves decked out in cotton candy they will still have fun with clowns.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 89