Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62]

Author Topic: Incursion  (Read 120624 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Incursion
« Reply #915 on: June 08, 2014, 03:14:54 pm »

@DW
Why is it no recommended for a rogue, considering he starts with ambidexterity already?
Just curious, although I'd rather go with a buckler for riposte.
Haha, well, mostly because rogues don't start with ambidexterity. Not naturally, anyway. Drow do, but rogues in general don't. Beyond that, you still want at least two-weapon style (and probably florentine style, if you're wanting to the dual-wield the same size weapon, as a warrior would) and a bit of base BAB bonus to offset the (lesser, with all the feats, but still existent) penalties. Otherwise even with taking an extra swing with regularity you still miss a lot. This is worse for rogues because they don't have full BAB progression, just 3/4ths, and probably want to be spending feats on other things (stealth, skills, etc.). Warriors ooze feats, and rangers can get free dual-wield ones from their combat style.

Created a new character, a Dwarf Paladin. First enemy in the first part of the dungeon kills me.

Why do I even like this game >.>
Because eventually you get to punch giant crab demons to death with your bare hands while hanging from the ceiling.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: June 08, 2014, 03:24:48 pm »

Makes sense. I don't even equip the second weapon as a rogue anymore, since the -2 kills all earlygame accuracy.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: June 08, 2014, 03:39:13 pm »

Woo, survived my first encounter. Were bolt throwing cubes or something.

Died by Gremlin ambush though. I was blessed as fuck but that didn't seem to matter much. Well, other than me not having any mana left...

Ikaruga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: June 09, 2014, 04:12:18 am »

I have a savegame which freezes with a red square appearing on the screen after a dozen of moves. I'm playing a summoning mage. Anyone wants it ?

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: June 09, 2014, 08:28:55 am »

Ikaruga, I believe this bug is already fixed for next version.

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Incursion (open source) 0.6.9Y11
« Reply #920 on: June 10, 2014, 01:18:48 am »

An updated download is available on bitbucket: 0.6.9Y11.

There are no new features being added to releases.  If a release is unstable, please download the preceding release and use that instead.  I'd like to offer refunds to any purchasers of the problematic release, please proceed to the counter with your receipt.  Thank you, come again!

Changes:
  • Issue 140: Fix bug where previous fix for scrolling position persisting in different windows that allow scrolling, broke scrolling in other locations.  Reported by Karagy.
  • Issue 142: Fixed a crash bug where when a monster would look for nearby items to pick up, and the variable that pointed to that object was not set.  Reported by Charlie G.
  • Issue 146: Fixed a bug where the error box would appear when a summoning creature reached it's time to go away, if it had items which were summoned with it.  A confluence of events would mean when an item was garbage collected, it would not find the back reference..  see the issue and linked changeset there-in for a detailed breakdown.   Reported by Hamel@Bay12.
  • Issue 148: Lockup bug.  More than 255 stati in place on an object would cause a inner stati tracking loop to overflow it's index wrapping it back to 0 before it could hit the exit clause.  Reported by Hamel@Bay12.
If you are providing a save file to reproduce an Incursion bug, please compress it and attach it to an issue on the bitbucket site.  I recommend 7zip for compression.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 10, 2014, 02:00:48 am »

Is charging implemented yet? Game crashed when I tried to do so.

edit: this is assuming the link in the OP isn't several years out of date...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 02:02:55 am by Dutchling »

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: June 10, 2014, 02:43:00 am »

What version were you using?
If you are providing a save file to reproduce an Incursion bug, please compress it and attach it to an issue on the bitbucket site.  I recommend 7zip for compression.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: June 10, 2014, 03:13:23 am »

What version were you using?
Incursion 0.6.9I for Win32 Systems.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: June 10, 2014, 04:52:38 am »

0.6.9I is the last of the original author's versions.

The newest version is 0.6.9Y11. (see link 3 posts above this one)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: June 10, 2014, 05:11:52 am »

huge lots of bugs were fixed since the last original author's release.

I don't know if the OP is still around, but it could be a good idea to update the 1st post of this thread with a mention that the original old version is abandonned, and that a new version is now in continuous development and can be found there :
https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/downloads

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: June 10, 2014, 05:15:10 am »

The OP's last active time was 3 years ago.

New thread time?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: June 10, 2014, 06:52:11 am »

Bug: when move to a tile with multiple items using the numpad keys the "You see here:" menu immediately disappears. This is using the new version, it did not happen with the last version. It works just fine when I use the normal arrow keys.

After dozens of tries, I finally have a successful character! It's an evil sneaky Elf druid. Stealth is definitely crucial to survival, at least for me. Also, Sand Blast insta-kills everything that isn't immune to it.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 09:05:54 am by Dutchling »

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: June 10, 2014, 03:56:55 pm »

Please use the new thread now.

If anyone knows a moderator, getting them to close this thread would be ideal.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62]