Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 62

Author Topic: Incursion  (Read 121683 times)

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
Re: Incursion
« Reply #840 on: May 29, 2014, 08:11:11 am »

Yeah, and I like where it's going.
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Azurestrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: May 29, 2014, 12:13:28 pm »

Got a bug which crashes my game whenever I try to identify something, how should I send the save file?

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: May 29, 2014, 10:29:23 pm »

Got a bug which crashes my game whenever I try to identify something, how should I send the save file?
You are using the latest version, right?  If so..

Zip it up with maximum compression.  Create an issue, and attach it.

Much appreciated!
If you are providing a save file to reproduce an Incursion bug, please compress it and attach it to an issue on the bitbucket site.  I recommend 7zip for compression.

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: May 30, 2014, 02:58:11 am »

This issue was copied from somewhere in the internet archive, and after being ported from github, lost the link to the original.

Anyone got any idea what it means?
If you are providing a save file to reproduce an Incursion bug, please compress it and attach it to an issue on the bitbucket site.  I recommend 7zip for compression.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: May 30, 2014, 03:16:04 am »

This issue was copied from somewhere in the internet archive, and after being ported from github, lost the link to the original.

I guess the person reporting lost his/her ranger abilities when wearing mithril medium armor (which under d20 rules would count as light, therefore not blocking ranger abilities)

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: May 30, 2014, 03:23:04 am »

I guess the person reporting lost his/her ranger abilities when wearing mithril medium armor (which under d20 rules would count as light, therefore not blocking ranger abilities)
Well, it's only a bug if Incursion text somewhere details that should be the case, and I can't see it.  The bug kind of infers it should.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: May 30, 2014, 03:31:38 am »

Rangers are supposed to get extra feats -- their "combat style" stuff listed in the manual -- if they're wearing light or no armor. Mithril armor is supposed to bring armor down a category (heavy to medium, medium to light, light to no) for the purposes of... well, basically everything, iirc, though I could definitely be misremembering that bit and you'd want to check the description of the mithril quality to be sure. As such, a ranger wearing medium mithril armor should still qualify for its extra feats, but presumably does not -- I can't remember/figure out an easy way to generate mithril armor to check whether it's actually happening or what the description of the mithril quality is, ha.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: May 30, 2014, 03:36:56 am »

This bug report (another oldie I found but cannot refind) is another quandary.

1) The user reports that he is unable to put his new medium pack in the pack slot (which has nothing in it, as his previous pack slot container was damaged and destroyed).  He gets a message which indicates the pack is an unsuitable kind of item.  I have no idea how to reproduce this.

2) The user reports that when he has his new medium pack in the in air slot, he still sees the container listing claiming it is his pack with the purple "In your CONTAINER NAME:" heading, at the bottom of the page.  This is perhaps something that needs to be changed.  If you switch your pack slot container to your in air with a standard swap, you can easily reproduce this.  If you have no pack and you pick up a pack into the in air slot, you can easily reproduce this.

Is there is a use for seeing container contents in the way the current behaviour of 2) works?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: May 30, 2014, 11:42:18 am »

Only in the sense of being able to see what's inside it, I think.  You can't use it to swap items back and forth between the two packs because something's in the "in the air" slot.  The container listing just shows all containers you currently have access to in your inventory, and that includes the air slot.  Certainly not a massive issue.

As for issue 1, I didn't see him mention what kind of character he was beyond being a mage with 9 strength.  If he was one of the small races, I don't know what the error message is for trying to equip a pack that's too large (although he does say that his previous backpack was also of the "medium" variety, indicating he was a medium-sized race...).

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: May 31, 2014, 09:15:14 am »

Umm, how does the hunger clock work in Incursion? I tried to peek in the code (0.6.9H, to be precise) and it seems that whenever hunger exceeds some "duration", it goes to the next step, but I can't work out what the "duration" is.

Any help?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: May 31, 2014, 09:35:16 am »

It generally only progresses when you sleep, so far as I can recall. Might be a hunger trap, but that's about it. Hunger in Inc is less a clock than it is a resource you spend to rest.
Ask not!
Ask!

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Incursion (open source) 0.6.9Y10
« Reply #851 on: May 31, 2014, 10:25:38 pm »

An updated download is available on bitbucket: 0.6.9Y10.

Changes:
  • Issue 11: Fix spelling mistakes ('breech'->'breach', 'percieve'->'perceive', 'inherant'->'inherent').
  • Issue 19: In system options menu, when switching to the 'macro bindings' page, the options description was leaked from the previous page.
  • Issue 27: Fix crash bugs which happen when dipping an item into a fountain.  The first case was where the dipped item transforms into a hostile monster at the location of the target of the dipping action, only dipping actions do not have a target but rather a first item (the dipped item) and a second item (the fountain).  The second case was where the item gets teleported somewhere on the map - only the map is larger than the bounds of the Roll() function, so a bounds error would be hit.
  • Issue 106: Fix a bug where potion of mending could be applied to anything regardless of that anything being a valid target.
  • Issue 106: Fix a bug where trying to apply something to an inventory items would crash when there were no items suitable to apply it to.
  • Issue 111: If you summon a phantom steed and it does not like you, it would go away.  But the message to tell you that, was muted because of a previous message output muting in the spell script which hadn't been correspondingly unmuted in this case.  Reported by Frumple.
  • Issue 125: The scroll position is now cleared when the scroll area is cleared, which means that where things are scrolled to is no longer the same even if something different was displayed in the scroll area. Reported by Karagy.
  • Issue 131: The Lifesight priest spell affects natural living creatures, otherwise known codewise as MA_NLIVING.  There was no type name defined for this value, so when looked up it would print as 'Undefined 91'.  Now it is mapped to 'Natural Living Creature'.  Reported by Karagy.
  • Issue 133: The Forestation druid spell changes the terrain type, but turned allies hostile.  This is a general reaction that happens to friendlies who are affected by an effect with EP_CURSE purpose.  Forestation now has an additional purpose of EP_FIX_TROUBLE which ensures allies do not become hostile when affected by this.  Reported by Karagy.
  • Issue 137: Add libtcod credit animation to the startup screen.  Add some donation text to accompany it.
  • Issue 138: 'Change terrain type' in wizard menu implemented, replacing stub implementation which just put a 'wall of flame' tile down.
  • Issue 139: When the god Semirath gets angry, he tries to move things to random map locations, but causes a crash instead.  This is another case of bounds being exceeded, and crashing ensuing.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: June 01, 2014, 03:53:53 am »

Grabbed it, obviously.

Woe is me, because I should work on Veins, where the lore generator doubles as my final paper...

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: June 01, 2014, 01:37:11 pm »

how many really major bugs are left in incursion? chooseusername has been banging out alot...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: June 01, 2014, 01:42:38 pm »

Barring stuff that pops up as other things gets fixed, so far as I'm personally aware the only major ones left is... well, basically the diplomacy/alignment/hostility system. It's a mess that someone really needs to sit down and document how it all breaks. I'm... not quite where I can work on it, quite yet. It'd be really nice if someone preempted me filling the bitbucket tracker with issues related to it :P
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 62