Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: "How Dare You Give Us A 9/10!!!" LBP Overhyped  (Read 11028 times)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
Re: "How Dare You Give Us A 9/10!!!" LBP Overhyped
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2008, 02:40:02 pm »

Hmm, i just got Red Orchestra for $5, it'll only last for another few hours, steams doing a big 75% off weekend thing. It is so atmospheric its silly, the bullets wizzing over your head and making you blink think is very ingenius and works surprisingly well :D

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2008, 02:50:59 pm »

Lame, I bought it for 20$ like a week ago.  If I had known I would've waited just a few minutes.

And yeah, I love the way it blurs for a split second when a bullet goes by, it just increases the feeling of luck when a bullet misses you.  There is nothing more incredible than lying prone while a tank is shooting its machine gun at you and watching the bullets bounce off the ground a few inches from your face.
Shoes...

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2008, 03:06:49 pm »

Yeah but Starsiege Tribes was killed by Piracy anyhow (or so I hear) though its sequel did improve Shooters in ways that games STILL havn't caught on (Looking at you Halo and your Buggy made Plastic and the Essence of tipping over)
Tribes is still very much alive,I still play it.
However there has been a master server hack and now if you want to play you'll be best off setting your game server list cs file to read only.

And it has been released my sierra for free,grab it some time.

MagicJuggler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2008, 04:06:32 pm »

I love Tribes 2. Let's see why Tribes 2>Halo 3.

-A core weapon that actually requires aiming to properly use. The Spinfusor was a far cooler weapon than the auto-aim assisted Battle Rifle or the kekekeke SMG spam. Every other weapon rocked, from the Heavy Mortar to the Shock Lance.
-Better vehicles. The mobile base was awesome in it's ability to be turret-swapped to suit the needs of your team. Be it a mortar used for base-rape or a missle launcher to keep flagcappers from getting to you, it was made of awesome.
-Cooler wargear. The bubble shield was nice and all...but the ability to deploy portable cameras, use flares to avoid homing missiles, ski on a jetpack, throw portable turrets around, jam said portable turrets, and otherwise kick ass, made Tribes 2 infinitely more awesome in multiplayer than anything Halo 3 could ever throw up.

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2008, 05:53:20 pm »

Tribes was released for free not too long ago and I grabbed it. Great game. I prefer it over Halo, but I seem to play Halo more anyway since everyone else does. When it comes to team based shooters though, Operation Flashpoint is a favorite of mine above almost all else.

Also: Nilocy, Team Fortress was not HL, it was quake that spawned it. HL didn't really 'spawn' many of those (Excepting Sven Coop of course). It just had the best engine of choice at the time and good modding support (though I was fond of the Unreal engine). And epic-wise: Cry engine > Source. By far.

Speaking of which, for the sake of this thread's purpose, I say that all Farcry games after the first are overrated. FarCry 2 might fix that.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2008, 06:10:37 pm »

Hmm, well i believe the HL engine did host (which says something about the game no?) great mods. On the topic of FPS's anyone here play Planetside? I loved that game so much it hurts.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2008, 04:45:02 pm »

Planetside was great!  It was like a bigger more detailed version of Tribes.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2008, 04:51:25 pm »

Ah, the Terran Republic. How I loved thee. They offcially had the best ever motto EVER for a game that included respawning.

"Loyalty Until Death!"

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2008, 07:05:53 pm »

And epic-wise: Cry engine > Source. By far.
Source however has VAC,whereas cry engine is a cheaters playground.

And,ah planetside.I miss that,if it were free I'd still play it,but unfortunately I'm on a budget.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]