Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The great ocean fortress of Roughtender  (Read 4241 times)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
Re: The great ocean fortress of Roughtender
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2008, 02:56:42 am »

That...was SUPER Dwarven.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2008, 05:16:40 pm »

My dude unleashed magma on government officials and risked the lives of his fellows.  That so unlike me.

Awesome >:D

Journal entry of LegoLord, Evil Genious:
The old town gaurd came today.  Had to blow a hole in the wall of the magma pipe to get rid of them.  Used up the last of the booze . . .
Eager to see my evil plot unfold.  Idiots don't suspect me of anything.  Keep calling me Lord though.  Will punch next dwarf to call me Lord instead of LEGOLord.
Note:  Work on reducing ego.  May result in fatal monologue.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 06:35:30 pm by LegoLord »
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2008, 08:05:41 pm »

Ah yes. The bane of every Evil Genious. That and agents in tuxs, and the 101+++(They added on...) things Overlords should never do. They have a list, covers quite alot.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2008, 10:20:32 pm »

Ah yes. The bane of every Evil Genious. That and agents in tuxs, and the 101+++(They added on...) things Overlords should never do. They have a list, covers quite alot.

3) Never appear in a major motion picture
4) Don't annoy the Captain.
5) Watch the hero die, don't wander off before it is over.

Ect.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Zerox

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Rose Gold lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2008, 10:22:14 pm »

Thanks for the comments. Currently, LegoLord's crazy idea with all of the booze relates to an actual shortage occurring. but don't worry, it's not in any way a problem. Now what's next on LegoLord's Drawing board will involve a few of the people i've mentioned the least, or not at all, so if you're being left out, don't worry.
It's Dwarves not dwarfs.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2008, 10:24:09 pm »

Is involve in quotation marks or not? As in, does it involve the not mentioned people being blown up?

Also, could we get a picture of the Magma flow after it is done?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2008, 10:46:44 pm »

Is involve in quotation marks or not? As in, does it involve the not mentioned people being blown up?
"Now what good would that do?  That would just draw attention to my evil scheme!"
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2008, 11:00:28 pm »

"Now what good would that do?  That would just draw attention to my evil scheme!"

But, what does that matter, as the sceme, being perfect, is inavoidable in the first place?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2008, 11:06:54 pm »

But, what does that matter, as the sceme, being perfect, is inavoidable in the first place?
"Well, you see, it relies on the fact that no one knows about it.  Duh."
Just so I remember

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2008, 11:31:44 pm »

All generalizations are false....including this one.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2008, 11:58:58 pm »

I want a dwarf! And not only that, a dwarf completely different from the dwarves I usually request!

Name: Shoruke
Profession: Axedwarf
Gender: Male, if you please. Or if you don't please, still male.
Bio: A very traditional dwarf, he believes that the axe is the most dwarven of all weaponry. He also finds it cool that if you hit someone hard enough with an axe, they get torn to bits AND go flying. He hopes to one day do this to either a goblin or an elf, not liking either of them very much. Okay, he hates them.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2008, 12:02:59 am »

I want a dwarf! And not only that, a dwarf completely different from the dwarves I usually request!

Name: Shoruke
Profession: Axedwarf
Gender: Male, if you please. Or if you don't please, still male.
Bio: A very traditional dwarf, he believes that the axe is the most dwarven of all weaponry. He also finds it cool that if you hit someone hard enough with an axe, they get torn to bits AND go flying. He hopes to one day do this to either a goblin or an elf, not liking either of them very much. Okay, he hates them.
"Would you like a job, Mr. Shoruke?  I could always use some more minions."
Just so I remember

Zerox

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Rose Gold lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2008, 08:53:42 pm »

It's been a while, due to some being away from the usual computer.
No screenshots, sorry.

"Ok, so is everyone here?" Said the scientist, looking over the group.
"Yess ssirr" Said his assistant, drooling a little on the table.
"SIGOR, NOT YOU!"Said Legolord, aggrevated with his assistant
"Sssorry ss-"
"Shut!"
"I'm here!" Said (Name here), thanking to god it wasn't a roll call, his mother had named him that as a joke, and before she could change is birth certificate, she died in a terrible bridge "accident" which left him alone. He was taken in by his second mother, who was married to a soapmaker.  Apparently, although accounts vary, when they left to another fortress, he was recruited into the military and was sent to defend the bridge in the middle of the fortress over the spikes. Another "malfunction" happened, and he was fatherless. His mother went berserk, and killed four before being killed by a miner. The small town's population had been thinned even lower by a siege recently, and with only 10 people left (including him) they eventually abandoned it. He then finally moved here, to roughtender, and has been fairly happy so far, even though he thinks his name holds bad luck.
"And I'm here" Said Aqizzar, sitting in his chair relaxed. Aqizzar had grown up fairly well, and lived a good life as a mechanic in a bustling mountainhome. Then, the miners dug into a huge cavern, and soon a huge swarm of batmen overflowed the city, and he was the one in charge of creating the remote-sealing doors while everyone fled for their lives. The city was eventually known as "Vault 13" and was plagued by huge scorpions and desert raiders.
"You all know the plan. Sigor, you kleptomaniac, don't steal ANYTHING accept for the rods, gears, and lenses!"
"Yeess, seeiirrr..." Said Sigor, pouting.(Or moving his strange face into something that looked like a pout)
"Alright, and Name Here, make sure Dire, that damned new sheriff, doesn't get in our way. Just use that old microcline trick."
"Ooh, that's my favorite."
"Alright, here we go. let's not mess this up. When I convinced Neo to build that observatory, I had to pull a few strings. And those damn gears, rods and lenses are supposed to be for his room as a "Sculpture" and I only got them ordered as such. Don't mess it up! Especially you Sigor! And stop drooling on your chair!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 08:55:13 pm by Zerox »
It's Dwarves not dwarfs.

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2008, 09:14:59 pm »

"Alright, and Name Here, make sure Dire, that damned new sheriff, doesn't get in our way. Just use that old microcline trick."

I find that incredibly hilarious.
Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones 

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2008, 09:22:17 pm »

ooc: i think i was the only one not involved in that story.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4