Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Core/Total Quality, Allow (non-) Plant/animal. Huh?  (Read 2090 times)

Tizer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:awesome top hat]
    • View Profile
Core/Total Quality, Allow (non-) Plant/animal. Huh?
« on: March 07, 2010, 07:16:43 am »

In all of the goods stockpiles there are the filters for "Core Quality" and "Total Quality" I assume these have to do with decorations for the goods, however I don't know exactly how it decides if it is acceptable or not.

And the bottom category is "Additional Options" And its only filters are "Allow Plant/Animal" and "Allow Non-Plant/Animal" Now I understand all the words, but I have *no* idea what it's going on about.

Does anyone know anything about these things? The wiki says nothing about them as far as I saw.

MTGorilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Professor! Lava! Hot!
    • View Profile
Re: Core/Total Quality, Allow (non-) Plant/animal. Huh?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 08:02:47 am »

In my experience, the quality filters apply to the quality of the goods you want stockpiled. For example, if you wanted a weapon stockpile to contain ONLY artifacts, you could set the core and total quality to Artifact and your haulers will only stock artifact weapons there; I use this feature to stock high-quality weapons and armour near my barracks, put my masterwork goods closer to the depot for quick trading, and place untradable artifacts in public areas for everyone to see.

I'm not sure exactly what the "Additional Options" change about the stockpiles, as I usually don't fiddle with those. Maybe someone who has done more stockpile research can help us there.
"Hey, Urist, let's party! We gonna be soooo sober tonight!"
"Nah, thanks, but I already came late to work today, because I drank to little the night before..."
Dwarven parties are hardcore

random51

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Core/Total Quality, Allow (non-) Plant/animal. Huh?
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 08:32:54 am »

In all of the goods stockpiles there are the filters for "Core Quality" and "Total Quality" I assume these have to do with decorations for the goods, however I don't know exactly how it decides if it is acceptable or not.

Core quality is the quality of the item before any decoration. I don't know how total quality works, probably because I never use it. I use core quality to separate masterworks and artifacts created by my dwarves---except for ammunition and food---into their own piles so I can easily dump/melt the rejects.

And the bottom category is "Additional Options" And its only filters are "Allow Plant/Animal" and "Allow Non-Plant/Animal" Now I understand all the words, but I have *no* idea what it's going on about.
Works for thread/cloth, which can be plant fiber, silk, or metal. Use it to keep metal threads out of your main cloth stockpile.  The last thing you want to do is make some bags out of expensive metal thread. :)