Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Urdimkiron Arbostukerrakust, The God-Tomb, Community Fortress  (Read 3763 times)

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
Re: Urdimkiron Arbostukerrakust, The God-Tomb, Community Fortress
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2008, 05:10:40 pm »

Booze maker would be fine.

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2008, 05:15:28 pm »

Booze maker would be fine.

Congrats, you are now the true master of the fort.

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2008, 05:16:16 pm »

The Major (tentative title for Datanmasos) charged up the newly carved staircase, and burst into the area where the dining hall excavation was just beginning.

"Rūlobok! Rūlobok! Get the hell over here! I've just hit gold, Rubolock! Gold, right in the planned living chambers!"

"Major, that's wonderful! That will allow us to have a strong starting fund for trade in these first few years."

"Strong fund for...? No, Rūlobok, you don't understand. The Orb will now be electrum!"

Doc stared at the Major for a moment, then dropped to a sitting position, his head in his hands.

"Yes. Wonderful idea, major."

Check it out! Gold, right there in our main fort area. Of course, this means I'm going to have to postpone excavating the sleeping chambers until the miners are good enough to consistently get ore from it, but hey. Worth it.

And now, the cast:

Our fearless leader

The brains of the operation

Our cash cow

Fearless leader's enabler

Source of the precious plump helmets

The wonderful producer of liquor

The unclaimed Woodworker

And their masters in the immortal realm:

EDIT: Hmm, cuts it off. Is there some sort of special forum way to do this?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 05:23:41 pm by WJLIII3 »

Tanase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2008, 05:36:08 pm »

Well, it does cut it off but at least it puts a scroll bar at the bottom to see the rest. I dont' know of any magical forum resizing, but maybe either putting the images in spoilers, or just reducing the size of the images a smidge before uploading would alleviate it, I think.

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2008, 05:55:16 pm »

Journal of Major Datanmasos,

Summer has arrived, and all goes well with the excavation of the fort. The gold in the lower chambers is truly sent from Id Risenral herself, a divine gift of her sacred mineral. My plan for honoring both her and our Kingdom seems destined for success!

In more mundane news, progress on the basic elements of the fortress goes well. Until myself and Doc are skilled enough at mining to extract the gold part and parcel, we must leave it be, which means work on the sleeping chambers is going slowly and meticulously, but it goes, nonetheless.

The stoneworks are well underway, with places of work for Doc and Gunnlauger to produce goods. The farming area is complete, which means new supplies of food and delicious, delicious alcohol will soon be in the works, just as soon as we finish the very creative irrigation system Doc has designed. He is very intelligent, even if he cannot see the grand designs I and Gunnlauger hold ever in our minds.

But I speak too harshly of him. He has, after all, been a wonderful friend through our journeys to find a proper place for my works, and as much as I have annoyed him, he bore it stoically. Perhaps it is for this reason, or perhaps because of all the time we have spent together excavating our fortress, but Doc and I have become lovers.

Indeed, journal, it seems that even in the midst of this frenzied toil to create a safe haven, certain emotions cannot be restrained. But this journal is for the historical record, and so, I will refrain from any lovelorn rambling, as far as I am able.

The next stage of construction, the craftworks! Josh will be ecstatic.

The farm, to be farm-kitchen-dining hall-party room complex. Eventually.

The stoneworks, with the central square designated as a garbage dump, for when the stone gets too much to handle

The sleeping chambers...sorta. But look! You can see all the gooooooolllllldddd. That entryway will be a waterfall, eventually. I can't wait until I finish the waterfall system, so I can show it off.

Isn't dorf love grand?

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2008, 05:59:21 pm »

Bad news. Josh just died. He was struck down...but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how. There are no hostile monsters around, unless a lungfish took him down, the fire imps are buried deep, and I can't find his corpse anywhere.

EDIT: Found him. He climbed to the future site of the Orb tower, and there was ambushed by a Giant Cave Swallow. Curse the beast!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 06:03:44 pm by WJLIII3 »

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2008, 06:35:23 pm »

My dwarf is quite a character  :D
She should be a loner, who whenever somthing important happens is standing in the corner watching.
You better hope she never becomes mayor (Adamantine? Picky girl.)

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2008, 07:21:23 pm »

Is that woodcutter still unclaimed?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2008, 08:57:41 pm »

lost journal entry of Josh Fikodmesir

"Got to camp today, i'm so excited! Found a vein of gold rather unexpectedly, i'll love to get my hands on that! i could make all sorts of trinkets! what really caught my eye though were those giant cave swallows. in fact, i write this as i go to investigate them further. Its just the way they fly and squawk and dance in the air... its so... so captivating... and you just want to... get a little closer look... just a little closer... just a little closer... just a...  (cuts off suddenly)"

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2008, 09:08:49 pm »

Ha. The birds of the damned.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2008, 09:14:59 pm »

Rin's Journal
 Entry 1

Not much has happened so far for me, but unfortunately Josh was slain by Cave Swallowmen. I told him they were watching us. Always watching us.
The others are working hard, but there isn't much I can do to help them...
Once a still is up my wonderful booze will sooth their tempers and dull their pains.

The gold in the sleeping chambers tell me that the Cave Swallowmen are planning to eat our food and drink our wine.
This I will not let happen.
I must find a way to deal with the swallows....

Tanase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2008, 10:49:16 pm »

An excerpt from the diary of Feyra Zesoslan:

... Our dear Fikodmesir was taken from us recently, so shortly into our ventures into this undeveloped land. From what we can figure he wandered too close to the native giant cave swallows, and one thing seemed to have led to another. It is... truly unfortunate. I can only hope that the Major will take this sudden loss as a warning to the dangers that her ambitions bring...

But we must continue on. I know Rin will be expecting plump helmets for her wine and stews, both hopefully bringing some cheer to our sober, somber hearts.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2008, 10:59:30 pm »

Well, I'd like to join now.

Name: <something dwarven here> Strife (just to be different, I want to change the last name).

Job: Speaker

Strife (who refers to almost everyone by their last name exception for Doc.) seeks to better the fort in anyway possible. Upon arrival, he quickly determined that Doc was the real doer in the fort, as such, Strife tries to become his aide and help whereever possible.

His first talent is the spoken word, he is a good speaker and can often help find volenteers for important projects. He cheers people up whenever possible, but has no problem at shouting at the nearest person (refering to them as 'warm body') if something needs to be done quickly.

He also has some experience in millitary tactics. He is a proponent of a militia force (composed of part-time soldiers who always carry an axe) combined with a small profesional army. He prefers a sword or spear himself, but has little to no problem using whatever is at hand or working in a civilian occupation.

I've been making these things to long lately . . . ::)
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2008, 11:15:58 pm »

Hm... Guess I'll hop on the immigrant waiting list. A guy, if you could. Not quite disposable enough to kill, not important enough to matter, and with just enough ideas to annoy people.. If that's possible.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2008, 12:41:00 am »

LegoLord, mechanic/siege operator/architect, Profession name: Evil Genious.
Likes demons and blocks.  Male.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 [2] 3