Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: commercial release of DF  (Read 3864 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: commercial release of DF
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2008, 11:14:00 am »

1. I HOPE there is a DF-esque easter-egg in Spore. I don't doubt it could be done, but Will Wright is in a rather difficult position. If Spore doesn't do well, it could be the end for him.

I wonder if Chris Sawyer could do some work...

2. Hopefully, these forums won't turn out like Gaia Online. Some forums there are like the rest of the internet, some are full of complaining bastards, and others are full of people who feel they are better than others because they were part of "Old Gaia."
Actually, for a forum revolving around a game this place is rather nice. Other game forums I have seen are filled with crap.

3. I'm sure somebody will make that tower now. Then flood the world below them and make themselves the master of their own little lake.

Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jurassiced

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2008, 12:02:00 pm »

i was really looking forward to Spore to =\
POKHOMME http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=84 Race mod im working on.

subject name here

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2008, 06:56:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Duke 2.0:
<STRONG>2. Hopefully, these forums won't turn out like Gaia Online. Some forums there are like the rest of the internet, some are full of complaining bastards, and others are full of people who feel they are better than others because they were part of "Old Gaia." </STRONG>

Until I heard of Gaia I thought OG meant original gangster, now I know it means being an autistic otaku who is smug for no reason other then wasting several years of his (admittedly worthless) life posting on a forum that makes Fark look like a bastion of intelligence, the type of people who are so hideous and so socially awkward that if they ever had sex with another human you would immediately know it was rape because noone would ever willingly come within ten feet of their rancid privates, let alone have sex with it.

Thanks Internet.

Lemnx

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding Cheese
    • View Profile
    • Lem_Nx
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2008, 04:01:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by subject name here:
<STRONG>a thousand nations of the fanboy empire descend upon you.

</STRONG>

I laughed so hard at that...

..."I bumped Nist Akath and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"...

darksaiyan

• Bay Watcher
  • Livin' with the dwarves since 2007
    • View Profile
    • The Game Reviews Database
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2008, 12:31:00 pm »

Well, the fact this forum is as it is is basically because of the fact that Toady made such an incredible game under an ugly shell... People mostly go away from DF because it's ASCII, and I like that  :D. Most people here are still here because they persevered and have seen through that shell. About the game... looks nice, but lacks substance (what can you do with that thing? in DF you can use it to make a nice aerial arena, in which you can be pushed off. (hmm... nice idea  :D with some nice galleries after some kind of hole so that they can still fall)
Pages: 1 [2]