Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team  (Read 2544 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
« on: April 14, 2008, 09:50:00 pm »

Iherduliek: Rescue Team MUDKIPS!

Mystery Dungeon: Red is about you turning into a pokemon. And teaming up with another pokemon. To rescue people pokemon. From increasingly frequent natural disasters. That's right, it's Pokemon: Hurricane Katrina.

You take a poll at the beginning of the game to determine what pokemon you are, and then you choose your partner and rescue a Caterpie from crazed pokemon. After that, it's random rescue jobs.

[ April 15, 2008: Message edited by: Squeegy ]

I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
Re: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 02:27:00 am »

I dunno if it's kosher to promote illegal activities like linking to roms for recent games and such here.

Regardless, this game descends from Shiren the Wanderer, which recently got a remake on the DS.  But it was originally for the SNES I think.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 09:45:00 am »

W.T.F.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 10:02:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Capntastic:
<STRONG>I dunno if it's kosher to promote illegal activities like linking to roms for recent games and such here.

Regardless, this game descends from Shiren the Wanderer, which recently got a remake on the DS.  But it was originally for the SNES I think.</STRONG>

It's about as recent as Fire Red. I don't think they sell it anymore.

I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Jurassiced

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 10:28:00 am »

ok ima pokemon fan(yea i know nerd) the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games sucked more than anything
POKHOMME http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=84 Race mod im working on.

GreyMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 01:40:00 pm »

They do happen to sell it.

As well as all the other GBA games.

Also, linking to ROM sites = ROM site removed from internet + Bay12Games removed from internet

t''s not illegal. The government just doesn''t want you doing it.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 02:33:00 pm »

GreyMario is right. Just edit out your link; if anyone wants a ROM, they probably know how to find one. Everyone else can just try to buy the game, if they want it.

While mentioning mystery dungeons, if you have a Nintendo DS, I recommend "Shiren the Wanderer". It's also for the SNES, and has a fan patch in English. In a nutshell, take NetHack, give it console-style graphics and effects, then drop it in fuedal Japan. It's quite fun and very true to the Roguelike formula, but probably lacks the insane lasting appeal of NetHack.

I mention it here because its Japanese name is "Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer" or some such.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 04:35:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Keiseth:
<STRONG>GreyMario is right. Just edit out your link; if anyone wants a ROM, they probably know how to find one. Everyone else can just try to buy the game, if they want it.

While mentioning mystery dungeons, if you have a Nintendo DS, I recommend "Shiren the Wanderer". It's also for the SNES, and has a fan patch in English. In a nutshell, take NetHack, give it console-style graphics and effects, then drop it in fuedal Japan. It's quite fun and very true to the Roguelike formula, but probably lacks the insane lasting appeal of NetHack.

I mention it here because its Japanese name is "Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer" or some such.</STRONG>

Made by the same company. I think they've made like 5 Shiren games or something.

Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 05:42:00 pm »

Shiren the Wanderer has also been released in Europe, in English, if I'm not mistaken.

Jurassiced

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 11:25:00 am »

yes as GreyMaroi said DONT link to ROM sites cuase the companys are dam serious about not giving away there crap for free and alot of them websites get shut down several times a month
POKHOMME http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=84 Race mod im working on.

GreyMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 04:34:00 pm »

But there's a certain emulation paradise *cough* that never gets shut down. I love the place, even if it doesn't update as often as it should.
t''s not illegal. The government just doesn''t want you doing it.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 04:55:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by GreyMario:
<STRONG>But there's a certain emulation paradise *cough* that never gets shut down. I love the place, even if it doesn't update as often as it should.</STRONG>

There's two good Torrent sites that dont suck, one just came back on, and the other beats the hell out of ninja ports.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.