Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: !![40d]!! Seeds traded from traders do not show up on the plantable crops menu  (Read 5969 times)

Emeralddragon2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As far as I can tell, it goes like this
  • Bought seeds, but not any other items related to said seeds.
  • Preparing to plant seeds, conditions are perfect in every way to plant seeds but...
  • Seeds don't show up on farm plot seed menu
  • HOWEVER, An item related to said seeds(fruit, wine, etc.) are purchased from traders.
  • Now seeds can be planted

Is this right?

Chthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, this includes anything that can be made out of said seeds or fruit.  Cloth, apparel, flour, sugar, anything really.

Edit:  You can test this.  Start a new fort.  Do not forage anything, but have something to trade to the elves next spring.  Buy some seeds and see if you can plant them.  Then when the humans come, buy something that is made out of those seeds/fruit and see if you can plant them now.  As it sits, you probably won't be able to plant them in the spring, but after you buy something from the humans the option will appear.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 01:52:09 am by Chthon »
''d be perfect if I weren''t so arrogant.

Arkan15

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I understand what the OP is saying. He's saying that just buying seeds will not allow you to plant them- you also have to buy something made from the plant they grow into- and if you just buy that other thing, then it tells you that you can plant the seeds even if you don't have any available.
IP AND TEAR YOUR GUTS!
YOU ARE HUGE! THAT MEANS YOU HAVE HUGE GUTS!

Chthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That is it precisely.  The correct functionality should be that you can plant seeds once you aquire them, and not be given the option if you don't have seeds or seed bearing objects.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

and here i thought it was just a neutral/good/evil biome growing issue...
or seasons

Chthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, you can see the seed data in the raws.  matgloss_plant.txt.  [Wet] and [Dry] only refer to wether it can be found near water or not.  Only sunberries and sliver barbs use the good and evil tags (respectively).

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com

Okay, I'll note it down.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 [2]