Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: NationStates 2  (Read 10323 times)

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
Re: NationStates 2
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2008, 04:54:45 pm »

That sucks , wahoo I am part of allances now :P
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2008, 04:57:25 pm »

Okay, whoever asked for the alliance invitation, ask again, i think my bug got fixed.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2008, 06:12:17 pm »

Is there any pitfall to adding nations as favoured trading partners? So far I've just been favouring people who favour me. Vulgaria produces oil, wheat and cotton. Oil gets traded/used, but I do have an excess of wheat and cotton.
You place them at a higher priority than other states (selling to them first) and sell at a lower price, I think. I just favor everyone as a sign of goodwill ;) I keep the priority partner saved for those who trade more of things that I need. I think it should be good to place people who need more of your stuff at a higher priority, so you'll sell more stuff to them for cheaper. In return, I hope people who have the things I need will set me at a higher priority.

Also, if you're selling at a lower price, you're likely to be selling more of the stuff, which should help the industry in the long run. I think. I should be broker of the Alliance rather than the Sheriff XD
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2008, 10:23:42 pm »

I find it odd how everyone's GDP drops off exponentially compared to their growth of population. Going from 15 to 8 Million GDP in one day while population goes up by .035 million is very strange. Unless everyone has negative GDP.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2008, 01:27:02 am »

Ive been playing both, not like either require a huge time investment.

I expect that depends very much on how you play them. I've found eRepublik to be a hideous, unimaginably awful time sink. From what I remember of NS1, NS2 probably has the potential to be one as well. The thing to avoid if you want to stay out of that trap is active political involvement of the sort that requires non-automated interaction with others.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2008, 04:34:55 pm »

There's something I don't get about the economies... some people are buying my stuff for lower prices than others. And then they buy it a second time on the same day for much higher prices.

I don't really like eRepublik. I think you'll have to choose between NS2 and eRepublik, if you want to be good in either. I didn't find NS1 to be much of a time sink at all, had a cool nation, but it didn't really have much involvement with other countries, IMHO.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2008, 05:09:58 pm »

The prices in the daily trading is not per unit, it's for the entire trade. The trade also occurs in cycles, so the price might change from one trade to another.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2008, 10:42:56 pm »

Hey, I just started my Anarchist Governer's nation....  http://nationstates2.com/g/nation/anarchistgoverners
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]