Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Sims 3  (Read 7000 times)

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
Re: Sims 3
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2008, 04:43:34 am »

The Nightlife and university expansion packs for Sims 2 were pretty much vital to have a trully whole game. Since nightlife adds so many core gameplay elements and university adds an entire life stage filled with many core gameplay elements. The others just added arbitrary elements as far as I know.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2008, 04:57:00 am »

The Nightlife and university expansion packs for Sims 2 were pretty much vital to have a trully whole game. Since nightlife adds so many core gameplay elements and university adds an entire life stage filled with many core gameplay elements. The others just added arbitrary elements as far as I know.

What a coincidence that those are the two expansions that came out first...

In order of must buy expansions for the Sims 2 I would go as follows

-Seasons: Though it has its fair share of drawbacks it is by far the most fleshed out and well put together expansion of them all. Seasons, Extra jobs, Extra activities, planting, and all that
-Nightlife: This is the best complimentary expansion you can get and includes an extra neighbourhood as well as great ways to collect gold aspiration
-Open For Buisness: Alright the Buisness side of things is pretty tricky however who is to say this expansion doesn't have more perks? The Best supernatural Sim, extra things to do around the house, clothes.
-University: The university aspect of the game is either too short or too long but it does have a few more objects.
-Bon Voyage: Tied with University... the major problem with this expansion is that it is full of legal cheating that makes all the other expansions look rather fair.
-Freetime: OHH MY GOSH!!! This must be the worst expansion of them all... Really beyond Lifetime aspiration rewards (Yes there are two kinds of them... this game featuring the second kind) this game offers nothing else.

Some get special mention are
-Pets: Pets is an expansion no one can dictate when you should get it... If you could care less about pets... Skip it... If you must have pets... Then get it! This expansion can actually make the game less enjoyable for those who dislike pets.
-Appartment Life: I don't know it well enough to really judge.

Skyrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2008, 05:18:09 am »

-Pets: Pets is an expansion no one can dictate when you should get it... If you could care less about pets... Skip it... If you must have pets... Then get it! This expansion can actually make the game less enjoyable for those who dislike pets.

If you can't butcher and cook pets then it's probably a worthless expansion!

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2008, 05:40:23 pm »

The main aspect that I find lacking about Sims (2) is how it sort of constraints you arbitrarily in what are romantic/sexual relationships. You can't "woohoo" unless you are "in love", non-traditional relationships can't be done (I don't mean sexual orientation, I mean things like threesomes and full blown orgies or having a harem with lots of consorts).

I don't know if somebody has managed to mod that successfully into the game. Damn You MAINSTREAM MEDIA!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2008, 06:38:22 pm »

The main aspect that I find lacking about Sims (2) is how it sort of constraints you arbitrarily in what are romantic/sexual relationships. You can't "woohoo" unless you are "in love", non-traditional relationships can't be done (I don't mean sexual orientation, I mean things like threesomes and full blown orgies or having a harem with lots of consorts).

I don't know if somebody has managed to mod that successfully into the game. Damn You MAINSTREAM MEDIA!

The mods can get quite graphic... Such as Naked sex with your teenage daughter.

Ohh and this is a good info video for The Sims 3

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42441.html
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 07:34:45 pm by Neonivek »

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2008, 09:12:39 pm »

Such as Naked sex with your teenage daughter.
Sold.

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2008, 09:40:28 pm »

Teenage woohoo + an incest mod would do that.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2008, 10:16:37 pm »

Sims 3 looks a lot more interesting - open world rather than having to load between lots, much more freedom to it.

Interestingly, in the first interview with the dev team, they noted Dwarf Fortress as an influence, among a few others.
Yep, quite a few developers are mentioning DF. It's good people are taking it as inspiration.

Hopefully it will mean less crappy games.

Unfortunately it means the opposite

By giving a shout out they are saying: "Hey our game has features like that other game" without actually saying they are there.

Tada

I'm pretty sure they have donated, I'm mean come on! No one is that cold hearted... than again.

OH WELL! Toadys still got us! ;D

As for the game, reminds me I need to get a better computer.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2008, 07:23:29 am »

Yeah nevermind, I found there was also a "no jealousy" mod.

Still, no threesomes.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2008, 07:34:32 am »

Speaking of The Sims, my sister is playing The Sims 2 on the only computer that can run Left 4 Dead.

She can't install it on the other computer because she gave it to her friend.

I hate The Sims.
I understand your pain.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2008, 12:00:31 pm »

Still, no threesomes.

You probably should play the unpopular Sims clones that do have that! Specifically "Singles: Threesomes"

I am sure it is just a coincidence that the Sims clones that have higher sexual content and a sex based gameplay are unpopular. (Though how unpopular Singles is, is up for debate... Though The Playboy Bunny Mansion certainly is an abomination)

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2008, 12:43:55 pm »

I hope you realise that you guys have forced me to start playing the Sims 2 again by getting me excited about the third installment. :(
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2008, 07:22:31 pm »

Still, no threesomes.

You probably should play the unpopular Sims clones that do have that! Specifically "Singles: Threesomes"

I am sure it is just a coincidence that the Sims clones that have higher sexual content and a sex based gameplay are unpopular. (Though how unpopular Singles is, is up for debate... Though The Playboy Bunny Mansion certainly is an abomination)

Singles is unpopular because it's a lifeless pile of crap... saying that, I have played both of them, it does get a bit better after you delete the bedsheet model from the game folder.

Also I'm not asking for explicit sexual content, just the same quirky fake sex woohoo thing but without arbitrary restrictions. Like, a bunch of 4 people get in the bathtub and have a really big woohoo session instead of only 2 being able to do it and kicking the rest out. Same for beds, etc. Maybe a special kind of bed, like that Love Bed that was in some expansion for the original game.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2008, 11:50:26 am »

I remember in the original Sims you could get 4 people hottubbing nude all at once if you planned it just right. Then again I also remember my no skill chef deciding to use the grill and having the kids try and put it out then catch fire. Then the parents tried to store their bodies and they caught fire. Thinking back the Sims original does seems to have the fire aspect of DF down.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Vugor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2008, 01:59:58 pm »

ooo sweet goddess...........lol

my gf has a deep and wierd Obsession with the Sims........i just dont get it sometimes....but i think this will be another very good game
Pages: 1 [2] 3