Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Oilglide Reborn- Chapter 1, Infernal Devices (Limited Comucession)  (Read 889 times)

Kilowatt

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile

For those who have been around for awhile, you might recognize the name.
Oilglide was a crazy engineering project. (Or at least a concept for one.)
So, I challenge you embark upon this quest with me, to make a wondrous fort, and a compelling story.
To submit your application, specify whether you will be a dwarf, a successor, or both.
You must also give an example of your engineering prowess, such as showing me that you have done some strange or downright sadistic engineering experiment. It didn't have to succeed.
And, finally, name 3 skills, and if you want to be one of the two military dwarves, specify what military skill you want.

Sign-up (Initial dwarves)

Sign-up, Successors

I want to try a new style of Community fort here.
Someone makes their yearly entry, and then the signed -up dwarves make their journal logs around the year based upon what happened. For the successors, please record parties, etc...
I will try to set the scene in between logs to create stories.

I think we should have...
-Magma
-A brook or river
-Adamantine

Any suggestions?

I found one. Volcano and Underground river. No chasm. Also has aboveground brook. Untamed wilds. What do you say?

Also, I have modded in a few clockwork creations, as they will be the pivotal point. Insert the spoiler'd stuff into your raws.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Story in the next post. Hold on...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 09:52:47 am by Kilowatt »

Kilowatt

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile
Re: Oilglide Reborn- Chapter 1, Infernal Devices (Limited Comucession)
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 09:03:31 am »

The story:
Urist Oiledgears knew it was time to go. His creations were nearly completed, and people were growing suspicious. He had gathered his comrades and assistants, and had secured the supplies awhile back. This always happened, sooner or later. He had been to many different cities, all he had called his home for a year or two, at the most. The journey would be easier this time. His creations were working, and wondering why they had to be kept away. Now or never.
Urist set down his hammer and turned to his newest and grandest creation: The Clockwork Colossus. The machine was sitting down, its head barely touching the ceiling.
"It is time to go. Get ready. I'll be back soon." Urist said to the grand machine, the dull light of the torches flickering and wavering, casting unearthly shadows upon the workshop walls. He quickly got up, and dashed out the doors, into the corridor.

Ten minutes later, he returned. When Urist got back, out of breath, he saw his creations all assembled before him. The colossus, laying down on its stomach, looking at him, the two golems, crouched low to the ground, stared at Urist, and the two guardians, standing before him, heads almost touching the ceiling, looked him right in the eye.
"Ready?", Urist panted.
 They all nodded. They left the workshop and started down the hallway silently. Urist followed.
As they neared the exit, the colossus found their wagon, and began pushing it toward the great doors. Urist and his creations were joined by six other dwarves. The great doors swung open at the golems'  touches and they set off, the full moon and stars beaming down upon the strange company. Armok was smiling upon them.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 09:51:14 am by Kilowatt »