Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41

Author Topic: Sell-out's RTD Turn 31 and Death of an Old Man!  (Read 73278 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 03:12:51 pm »

Turn 1 results:
I try to open the door
[5] - You walk over to the door and manage to both turn the knob AND pull it open, all while suave and cool. You put on some sunglasses at the end and pose, just because you can. {+1 to rolls involving being cool}

I help Frelock open the chest by turning his left hand into a set of steel bolt cutters.
[6] – You concentrate with all your might into turning Frelock's hand into a set of steel bolt cutters, and amazingly, you succeed! And not only can it cut open locks, it also comes with a bottle opener, a fork, a screwdriver, and a bunch of other unknown devices! {Swiss Army Hand: +1 to opening locks, plus other mysteries!}

Action:
I open the chest, using any means necessary.
[3 + 1] – Using your new Swiss Army hand, you cut the lock off the chest. You keep it as a memento that Dark turned your hand into a horrible array of mechanics. {+1 to revenge rolls} The chest is now open.

I try to ascend to godhood.
[1] – A voice from nowhere resonates in your head. It's all jibberish but it's very booming. You somehow feel like you're being chided like a child, and that somehow you've become very unlucky. {-1 to all rolls from now on}

I take off my pajama shirt, and try to weave it into a rope.
[3] – You take off your shirt and start making a rope, but realize there's not really any point. By this point, you have little shreds of fabric. And you're kinda chilly.

as my first action, I destroy the wall by singing very loud and high, so the wall shatters like a wine glass
[4] – You sing “Row, row, row your boat,” as loudly as you can at the walls. Nothing happens, except that you feel much more embarrassed. Until you look at Boogerman.

For my action, I listen carefully for the source of the recorded message, trying to find it, and then attempt to destroy it. It is giving me a headache.
[3] – You try and find it, but Akroma's singing keeps distracting you, and you never really get a chance.

I try to levitate off the floor.
[5] – You close your eyes, focus your mind, and begin to lift off the floor. After some time of weightlessness, you open your eyes but fall back to the floor. {Minor Levitation: Can float when eyes are closed, but -2 to dodge}

Kashyyk: Wearing pajamas. Wearing sunglasses.
Frelock: Wearing pajamas. Left hand is a Swiss Army Hand. Has a giant Padlock.
Dark: Wearing pajamas.
Jay Kayell: Wearing pajamas. Very unlucky.
Boogerman: Wearing pajama pants.
Akroma: Wearing pajamas.
Nurir Torir: Wearing pajamas.
Boksi: Wearing pajamas. Has Minor Levitation.

That wasn't too bad. Sorry about the hand Frelock. He got a 6.

The next room:
There is a hall leading from the door that Kashyyk just opened. It is very long and leads to another door. The walls are the same shade of white as the room that everyone is currently in.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 04:00:06 pm by webadict »

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 2!
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 03:22:28 pm »

I set my power TO THE MAX, and rush through the door. Of course, Kashyyk is in the way but who cares about him?
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 03:25:10 pm »

I head into the hallway, checking the walls for secret panels that hide treasure as I go. (Does that count as one action, or two? It seems a bit like a waste of a turn to just walk through a door.)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 03:27:05 pm »

I head into the hallway, checking the walls for secret panels that hide treasure as I go. (Does that count as one action, or two? It seems a bit like a waste of a turn to just walk through a door.)
That's fine. You can do that. I'll cut down any action if I think it's too long.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 03:41:58 pm »

haha, as if this punny wall could withstand my mighty voice forever

I try to destroy the wall with resonance again
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Boogerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2008, 03:44:04 pm »

I push past frelock, and look at whats in the open chest

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2008, 03:59:53 pm »

I seach the chest for anything useful, thanking Frelock for opening it.
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2008, 04:03:19 pm »

Swiss army hand?! AWSOME!!!!

Ahem...
In any case, I'll try to transform all my arms and legs into feats of mechanical engineering, preferably with some type of armor extension that covers my head and torso.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2008, 04:09:52 pm »

Phew, at least I dont need to worry about being horribly killed as revenge. Yet.
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2008, 05:18:07 pm »

Damn... Well, I'll make the best of the situation.

I try to not become omnipotent. ;)
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2008, 05:25:44 pm »

I walk cooly out of the way of Boksi, smiling coolly as I do so. i then proceed to cooly search the corridor fo anything interesting. Like hidden doors, conveniently placed air vents, etc.

Did I mention I was doing it cooly?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 3!
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2008, 06:48:04 pm »

Turn 2 results:
I set my power TO THE MAX, and rush through the door. Of course, Kashyyk is in the way but who cares about him?
[1] – You set your feet to 'sprint' straight at the door, with Kashyyk standing in the way. You trip and smash your face into the floor, [3] breaking your nose {Moderate bleeding}, and slide straight for the door... {Roll to stop bleeding}

I walk cooly out of the way of Boksi, smiling coolly as I do so. i then proceed to cooly search the corridor fo anything interesting. Like hidden doors, conveniently placed air vents, etc.

Did I mention I was doing it cooly?
[5 + 1] – You watch Boksi coming, and, with the grace of a gymnist, backflip over the sliding Boksi down the hall. You moonwalk down the hall, looking at the walls and [2 + 1] find nothing of interest. You then proceed to break dance next to Boksi, who is now bleeding all over the floor.

[3] – After watching Boksi and Kashyyk go through the door, you go through as well, but are too mesmorized by Kashyyk's break dancing to actually search the hall.

haha, as if this punny wall could withstand my mighty voice forever

I try to destroy the wall with resonance again
[3] – You switch to singing “Mary Had a Little Lamb,” but then strain your voice. You try to start from where you left off, but can no longer manage to speak. {-4 on all speech rolls for 2 turns}

I push past frelock, and look at whats in the open chest
[2] – You look in the chest, when the chest comes to life! [5] The chest greets you friendly.

I seach the chest for anything useful, thanking Frelock for opening it.
[2] – You thank Frelock, and turn to the now sentient chest, saddened by the fact that you can't get the treasure that is bound to be inside. While daydreaming about the treasure you wish you had, you trip over the chest, [5] and fall over, uninjured.

Swiss army hand?! AWSOME!!!!

Ahem...
In any case, I'll try to transform all my arms and legs into feats of mechanical engineering, preferably with some type of armor extension that covers my head and torso.
[2] – You try really hard to transform yourself, but realize that, no matter how hard you believe, you're not a Transformer, and Optimus Prime will never tell you to “Roll Out!” Unfortunately, you've already tried twisting parts of your body, breaking your right arm, before you realize this.

Damn... Well, I'll make the best of the situation.

I try to not become omnipotent. ;)
[5 – 1] – You barely succeed in staying mortal, instead of the pile of mush the booming voice you seem to start making sense of wanted. The booming voice starts demanding you walk into the hall, which you do.

Chest
[1] – The chest suddenly starts expanding, and then spontaneously explodes, hitting everyone still in the room!
Dodge rolls:
Akroma [3] – You barely have time to cover your face, [4] but you don't seem to be injured by the blast.
Boogerman [3] – You jump and cover, [2] but, being so close to the blast, you are severely burned! Your pajama pants also catch fire! {Roll to put out}
Dark [2] – You don't see the blast coming at all {-1 to damage}, [6 – 1] but the blast skims over your body, missing you.
Frelock [2] – While you're crying in pain you suddenly see the explosion {-1 to damage}, [4 – 1 {+1  one-time damage bonus}] but your Swiss Army Hand creates a miniature blast shield surrounding you! [2] The shield then melts away.

Status rolls:
Boksi [6] – The bleeding stops, and sparks form around your nose, healing it completely!
Boogerman [5] – You manage to roll the fire out, considering you've already stopped and dropped.

Kashyyk: Wearing pajamas. Wearing sunglasses. In the hall.
Frelock: Wearing pajamas. Left hand is a Swiss Army Hand. Has a giant Padlock. Has a broken right arm. In the room.
Dark: Wearing pajamas. In the room.
Jay Kayell: Wearing pajamas. Very unlucky. In the hall.
Boogerman: Wearing slightly burnt pajama pants. Severely burned. In the room.
Akroma: Wearing pajamas. Has a strained voice. In the room.
Nurir Torir: Wearing pajamas. In the hall.
Boksi: Wearing blood-stained pajamas. Has Minor Levitation. In the hall.

The first room:
The first room's walls are now slightly blackened. The chest is now scattered all over the room in burned fragments. The recording is no longer playing.
The hall:
The hall seems longer than before. There is now a pool of Boksi's blood on the floor. There is now a strange humming in the hall.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 07:41:09 pm by webadict »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 3!
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2008, 06:49:39 pm »

Sorry about the exploding chest :P Actually, not really. Except Boogerman. He didn't deserve that.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2008, 07:03:52 pm »

Inspired by how cool Kashyyk is, and finding the humming soothing, I sit down and begin to meditate on learning the basics of the spontaneous conjuration of inanimate objects.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2008, 07:04:56 pm »

I'll rush down the hallway in rage. If some NPC is there, I drop kick it. If there's a door in the way, I drop kick it.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41