Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 41

Author Topic: Sell-out's RTD Turn 31 and Death of an Old Man!  (Read 73310 times)

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 2!
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2008, 07:35:09 pm »

I treat Boogerman's burns, thanking him for somehow saving me from the blast.
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Boogerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 3!
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2008, 08:16:28 pm »

Dang, my pants caught on fire.
At least my balls aren't burnt, owing to the fact that I'VE GOT BALLS OF STEEL. STEEL. STEEL.

Anyway,  after Dark treats my wounds I limp down the hall, and listen to the humming in an attempt to find some form of pattern in it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2008, 08:21:16 pm »

I find much enjoyment in your torturing. The sooner everyone posts, the sooner I can get back... I like doing this.

Dang, my pants caught on fire.
At least my balls aren't burnt, owing to the fact that I'VE GOT BALLS OF STEEL. STEEL. STEEL.
Don't make me burn the rest of you...

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2008, 09:04:26 pm »

Double damn!

I try not to get rid of my bad luck.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2008, 04:19:17 am »

this damn wall is mocking me

I will not have that

I simply IMAGINE singing in perfect resonance to destroy the wall, hopefully destroying it.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2008, 04:55:25 am »

I find a music sheet for an Opera Soprano to help Akroma sing (in Imagination or not)

Just Frelock left
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 10:44:26 am by Kashyyk »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2008, 11:11:08 am »

Sorry.

I'll fix up my right arm, perhaps with a splint or something.  Magic would work fine too.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2008, 07:24:10 pm »

Sorry about the late reply, but I work on weekends. I'll be up in a bit, but... just so you know... some very unlucky soul's head exploded.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2008, 08:07:56 pm »

Turn 3 Results:
Inspired by how cool Kashyyk is, and finding the humming soothing, I sit down and begin to meditate on learning the basics of the spontaneous conjuration of inanimate objects.
[6] – You sit cross-legged on the ground and start to meditate, concentrating on random objects in your mind. Several minutes pass by until you hear a *POP*, and open your eyes to see... a red button. You pick it up and look at it from all angles, and then figure, 'What the hey?' and press it. {Minor Item Summoning: +1 to item summoning}

I'll rush down the hallway in rage. If some NPC is there, I drop kick it. If there's a door in the way, I drop kick it.
[4] – You rush down the hall and make it to the door. You start kicking the door repeatedly, slightly knocking it off the hinges. You then look back down the hall to see a set of bars fall down, trapping you and Kashyyk in part of the hall. You rush to the bars.

I treat Boogerman's burns, thanking him for somehow saving me from the blast.
[5] – You thank Boogerman by starting to wrap gauze around Boogerman's wounds.  You manage to finish before... {Boogerman now only gets -1 to damage}

Anyway,  after Dark treats my wounds I limp down the hall, and listen to the humming in an attempt to find some form of pattern in it.
[1] – You start on fire again! {Roll to put out}

I find a music sheet for an Opera Soprano to help Akroma sing (in Imagination or not)
[1] – You rush to help Akroma, but you suddenly realize you never knew she needed help, because she can't talk, and you're in a whole other room. You start thinking about what forces could possibly have told you this, but you suddenly your brain protects yourself by auto-fainting! [3] You start to fall to the floor, [6] but Boksi manages to catch you! {Unconscious: -3 to physical actions next turn, roll for consciousness after 1 turn}

Double damn!

I try not to get rid of my bad luck.
[4 - 1] – You try so hard to keep your bad luck that, unluckily, you succeed! The voice in your head tells you to stop, lest ye wish to suffer death! The voice was so loud that you fall to the floor! [3 – 1] While falling, you smash your head into the wall {-1 to damage} [2 – 1 – 1] (EPIC FAILURE!) Your head explodes in gore! [3 – 1] You don't manage to survive! The voice laughs at the irony. {You are now dead. You get -3 to physical actions -1 because you're still unlucky, but you can do other actions at only -1}

this damn wall is mocking me

I will not have that

I simply IMAGINE singing in perfect resonance to destroy the wall, hopefully destroying it.
[5] – You imagine the singing perfectly! The walls enjoy it so much they let out a laugh... and destroy themselves! You celebrate, until you look and see another set of walls behind where the walls used to sit. However, there is a hole in one of the walls.

Sorry.

I'll fix up my right arm, perhaps with a splint or something.  Magic would work fine too.
[3] – You try really hard to use your boy scout knowledge to make a splint, but your memories of your drunken scout leader only leaves you with tears.

Let me explain challenges. Challenges are little puzzles or battles that occur because I feel like it, where winning one will get you some sort of reward. You do not always have to beat a challenge, but it's usually fun to try.

Challenges:
Challenge 1: Death
Players: Jay Kayell and Kashyyk
You both find yourself in a strange place. Both of you are unaware of how you got there, except that Jay remembers that his head exploded. Neither of you are in your physical bodies. Out of nowhere, a cloaked figure floats toward you, holding a scythe.

Challenge 2: Shadow Dancer
Players: Boksi, Nurir Torir, and Kashyyk, and any other person that can reach the hallway.
After the bars fall, a dark spot appears on the wall. Two hands come out of the dark hole and grab onto the sides, pulling the rest of whatever it is the hands are attached to. The giant black figure then pulls out a giant sword from within the dark hole, before the hole disappears. He then heads toward Boksi.

Status rolls:
Boogerman [6] – Your gauze seems to be fire resistant, causing the flames to die on their own. {+1 to fire resistance}

Kashyyk: Wearing pajamas. Wearing sunglasses. In the hall(?). Unconscious.
Frelock: Wearing pajamas. Left hand is a Swiss Army Hand. Has a giant Padlock. Has a broken right arm. In the room.
Dark: Wearing pajamas. In the room.
Jay Kayell: Very unlucky. In the hall(?). Dead.
Boogerman: Wearing slightly burnt pajama pants. Wrapped in fire resistant gauze. Wrapped severe burns. In the room.
Akroma: Wearing pajamas. Has a strained voice. In the room.
Nurir Torir: Wearing pajamas. In the hall. Has Minor Item Summoning.
Boksi: Wearing blood-stained pajamas. Has Minor Levitation. In the hall. Holding Kashyyk.

The first room:
The first room is now bigger, since the walls were expanded. The old walls, as well as chest fragments, are now scattered all over the room. There is a hole in one of the walls, big enough to fit a person through.
The hall:
There is still a strange humming in the hall. The door is slightly broken. There are a set of bars that cuts the hall in half. Some strange sword-wielding figure that appeared is now going after Boksi.
The hole:
There seems to be a feminine voice coming from the hole in the wall of the first room.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2008, 08:20:21 pm »

I attempt to help Boksi by conjuring a very shiny Rubix Cube to distract the sword-wielding entity. None may withstand the distracting might of my shiny objects!

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2008, 08:37:53 pm »

I try not to kill the cloaked figure with his own schyte. (This counts as a physical action, right?)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2008, 08:48:52 pm »

I try not to kill the cloaked figure with his own schyte. (This counts as a physical action, right?)
Nope, because you are metaphysical right now.

Also, you should probably stop NOT trying to do things.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2008, 04:13:36 am »

I go through the hole, trying to find the source of that voice (it has to be better than Akroma's).
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2008, 04:15:29 am »

I climb through the hole
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2008, 07:51:19 am »

Nope, because you are metaphysical right now.

Also, you should probably stop NOT trying to do things.

Ok, new action then: I try to become a god of death.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 41