Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 142

Author Topic: Elona: Roguelike.  (Read 292399 times)

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
Re: Elona: Roguelike.
« Reply #1725 on: November 30, 2009, 10:32:56 pm »

That artifact seed gives you a random miracle or better item, with I think a chance of one of the set artifacts. KEEP IT!!! Just store it in your house.
How?

Also, miracle boots of Obsidian are Godbane boots that make me preform better. Now if only I had the performer skill...

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: November 30, 2009, 10:54:03 pm »

You have to get a farm and plant it. Alternately, you could use the Harvest god's item after planting it in your house to get it to sprout.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Minstrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: November 30, 2009, 11:04:13 pm »

That artifact seed gives you a random miracle or better item, with I think a chance of one of the set artifacts. KEEP IT!!! Just store it in your house.
How?

Here's some info on planting and seeds:

1. You do not actually need a farm to plant seeds. You can plant seeds straight in the ground in your home. Like, even the pavement. To do that, press the "t" button while standing on the spot you wish to plant.
2. Seeds are edible an thus can be easily and indefinitely stored in your house's fridge.

Now, you should save all seeds until you get the gardening skill. Do not plant seeds right away! Save them up and save up some platinum coins.

When you have enough platinum coins, you should go to the trainer, buy the gardening skill and then use the remaining platinum coins to raise the skills potential to 100%-200%. If you don't have enough platinum to get it to that level, get more platinum.

Once you have over a 100% potential in gardening, planting each seed will train your skill by 0.600 or more. First plant all your vegetable and fruit and gem seeds. This should raise your gardening skill fast. If at anytime your potential in gardening drops below 100%, go raise it with platinum.

You can start planting your artifact seeds only when you reach level 10 or more in your gardening skill.

To get more seeds, consider converting to Kumiromi of the Harvest. Worshippers of Kumiromi can convert rotten food to seeds (all rotten foods, not only plants). This happens automatically when the food rots: you should get a message like "3 grapes rot. You harvest 2 seeds" or something. This process is random: not all food will be converted to seeds. It seems that the chance of you harvesting seeds raises with time, which may mean it is dependent on your piety.

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: November 30, 2009, 11:51:49 pm »

Lucky Day at the lucky Noyel church Fountain + save scummed at that moment.

Oh
Yea
 ;D

Time to bag me some wishes.

EDIT:
"YOU GET PREGNANT"

The well is dry. Wow. Elona at it's finest. Even when all the odds are in your favor, it pisses in your face.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 11:54:41 pm by Idiom »

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: November 30, 2009, 11:59:23 pm »

Ya you get preggers way more often than you should drinking water in that game, I'd expect at least 1/3rd of the npcs to be preggers.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: December 01, 2009, 01:22:15 am »

Then 9/10 of that would somehow drink poison or eat something that would make em vomit right after...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1731 on: December 01, 2009, 05:29:23 pm »

Always keep the corpse of a human on you for this reason, rotted or not.
Human flesh is the number one way to reverse pregnancy

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: December 01, 2009, 05:40:46 pm »

Always keep the corpse of a human on you for this reason, rotted or not.
Human flesh is the number one way to reverse pregnancy

Bottles of acid or dye do the trick just fine. Plus there's no creepy aspect to carrying around a bottle of dye....
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: December 05, 2009, 04:03:27 pm »

I just got into Larna. Was super excited to start material kitting all my gear, then saw that they only had bronze kits. Bronze kits cost 100k. Whaaaaatttt?

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: December 05, 2009, 07:36:05 pm »

The shops in Larna restock, but everything is priced ~500x their normal value.
Damn tourist economy.

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: December 05, 2009, 07:51:07 pm »

Well, I had a half decent character going right up until  my save got corrupted.

I had +15 speed from mutations, +10 speed from feats, and +10-15 ish from items. Zoom zoom zoom!

I never got to plant that artifact seed either.

Morsigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: December 05, 2009, 08:21:34 pm »

Funny story:

One of the NPC adventurers came to my house and was all, "Let's have a drink to deepen our friendship!"

He proceeds to immediately drink a crim ale and vomit about six or seven times in my "meeting room", which is a large area with chairs and carpet tiles in the middle of my compound.

As he's vomiting everywhere (and I vomited about twice myself), he's also suffering from not one but TWO ######+ blood sucking items. Every time he takes a step and vomits he also spills about two or three tiles worth of blood.

In the end he died rapidly, but not before absolutely covering my house in vomit and blood.

The only thing holding my character back right now is better gear. I can get money readily enough, but I'm having a hard time actually finding worthwhile pieces to equip.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: December 05, 2009, 08:36:48 pm »

Funny story:

One of the NPC adventurers came to my house and was all, "Let's have a drink to deepen our friendship!"

He proceeds to immediately drink a crim ale and vomit about six or seven times in my "meeting room", which is a large area with chairs and carpet tiles in the middle of my compound.

As he's vomiting everywhere (and I vomited about twice myself), he's also suffering from not one but TWO ######+ blood sucking items. Every time he takes a step and vomits he also spills about two or three tiles worth of blood.

In the end he died rapidly, but not before absolutely covering my house in vomit and blood.

The only thing holding my character back right now is better gear. I can get money readily enough, but I'm having a hard time actually finding worthwhile pieces to equip.

Have you gotten as many companions you can lead as decked out as possible?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: December 05, 2009, 09:24:33 pm »

I'm trying a performer this time. My performer skill just hit 20. I'm in "the dog lover's" house, the little kid's room, in the starting town getting some practice in. People walking by are throwing random items into the room that tend to land behind me. I can't tell if they're giving me these or if they're trying to hit me.

Whaaaa? Now random items are spawning all around me every so often. I even closed the door.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 09:30:11 pm by Idiom »

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: December 05, 2009, 09:29:33 pm »

I'm trying a performer this time. My performer skill just hit 20. I'm in "the dog lover's" house, the little kid's room, in the starting town getting some practice in. People walking by are throwing random items into the room that tend to land behind me. I can't tell if they're giving me these or if they're trying to hit me.
Are they throwing valuable objects? :D
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 142