Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 141

Author Topic: Elona: Roguelike.  (Read 471996 times)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona: Roguelike.
« Reply #1770 on: December 08, 2009, 06:35:07 pm »

...it does have arena services. Bottom-left.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: December 08, 2009, 06:42:36 pm »

Why would you want to nuke Palmia anyways? It's such a nice town...
Bards that never get killed... No trouble finding a guard to give a lost suitcase to... Fishing spots...
Palmia is probably the best town. It -would- be the best if it had Arena services and prostitutes.
No worries, The city is properly insured and will be rebuildt fast, and all the citizens have a clone on stand-by for their eventual demize. So the only difference you'll notice is the mutated rats and the irritating sound from an occasional geiger-meter.

Morsigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: December 09, 2009, 03:34:38 am »

How do you carry the Nuke all the way to Palmia when it weighs 120?

I have 18 or so weight lifting and 42 strength, and right now I can carry 110 stones. Guess you'll just have to do it later, or possibly try that inferior mat scroll idea.

19k won't seem like so much later. Sometimes a single trip to Noyel can net you 30k on quests alone, not including trade.

Sometimes you think you know this game, and then... My bonework food processor, after I used a "change material" scroll on it, became a platinum food processor. Upgrade, right? Apparently not. My house went from rank 57 to 61 off this alone. I thought Bonework was just that... Bone. And I thought bone was an inferior material (it was made with a blessed inf mat scroll).
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 03:37:50 am by Morsigil »

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: December 09, 2009, 07:11:27 am »

Why would you want to nuke Palmia anyways?

To end an alien infestation?

Oh, and since I'm posting in this thread...

1) How do you put food in the freezer? As in...what key combination to press? I can't 't'use it, and 'o'pening it only allows me to take things out. Yes, it's in my house.

2) http://elona.squares.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3410

3) Last I checked, "Panther of Hermit Boatmurdered" was ranked ninth on the alias vote. :)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: December 09, 2009, 07:38:19 am »

...looting all the npcs, getting an items that reduces karma penalty and that warm cozy feeling of knowing you've leveled a town to the ground on your own.

1: 'o'pen and press tab, same as when you give/take from pets

2: Not really feasonable, and it seems all creatures reproduce by laying eggs, including mamals.

3: amusing

Jookia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: December 09, 2009, 07:43:00 am »

I am confuse.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: December 09, 2009, 07:46:40 am »

That must be the item for making moongates...

Jookia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: December 09, 2009, 07:52:49 am »

No, it happens right after I start the goddamn game.

Morsigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: December 09, 2009, 01:23:37 pm »

No, it happens right after I start the goddamn game.

Did you go into the show house? Like kcwong was suggesting, the most obvious reason for this would be that your house is, for whatever reason, being displayed via a moongate or the show house tent halfway between Palmia and Vernis.

Unfortunately I don't know much about the show house or the moon gates (beyond which ones are useful). The whole "save your pet team" and "change your team name" is EX arena stuff, which I don't think is usable anywhere but Japan.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: December 09, 2009, 01:59:50 pm »

So there are usefull moongates? I've seen a Sandbag one but no gain from hitting anything.

Morsigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: December 09, 2009, 02:11:09 pm »

So there are usefull moongates? I've seen a Sandbag one but no gain from hitting anything.

There is a room with bubbles (the monsters) that are nigh-impossible to kill by simply swinging at them, because there are so many. It's an easy way to level and I think level skills.

There is also one house that is entirely full of doors that lock and close again every time you leave, I believe. It's useful for training lock picking.

I've never been to either though. I just found those suggested on the wiki.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: December 09, 2009, 02:16:48 pm »

Yeah i saw it there too, it's just that i do not get any skill from hitting the sandbags so i assumed you can't train in the current version

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: December 09, 2009, 03:09:37 pm »

do not get any skill from hitting the sandbags

Sandbangs can only be used to train spells, not melee or ranged attacks. Reason being, if you could, then you could set one up in the safety of your house, hold down a key and train indefinitely.

With spells, you're limited by stocks.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: December 09, 2009, 03:14:26 pm »

Hah, and i thought melee or ranged was the purpose for them. I can burn spell well enough without.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: December 09, 2009, 04:17:26 pm »

There are a couple of NPCs you can summon with summoning crystals, NPCs like Misty, Axegirl, and Fox Wizard usually show up neutral and make decent pets. (Misty can be found in putit level encounters and can cast darkness spells).

Also, there's a moongate that has a room with monsters and a friendly NPC that casts ball spells rapidly. Just wait until the explosions stop, then go in and collect the loot.

The locked door room doesn't seem to exist anymore. I DID see a dungeon filled entirely with mines, which I suppose you can use to train disarm trap. I wouldn't recommend it though, since one slip and the mines can deal over 400 damage through 270 PV.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 04:23:46 pm by Blaze »
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 141