Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 141

Author Topic: Elona: Roguelike.  (Read 472010 times)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona: Roguelike.
« Reply #1785 on: December 09, 2009, 05:08:04 pm »

I DID see a dungeon filled entirely with mines, which I suppose you can use to train disarm trap. I wouldn't recommend it though, since one slip and the mines can deal over 400 damage through 270 PV.

Sounds like fun, in the dwarfy way.

Now i just have to dominate some Quicklings or silver bells and find some potions of descent, damn that's an elusive potion.

Jookia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: December 10, 2009, 03:26:14 am »

Where do I  downloaded non-screwed elona?

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: December 10, 2009, 03:37:13 am »

From Elona's main page.
It probably messed up somewhere while you were originally downloading it.

Jookia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: December 10, 2009, 06:09:26 am »

I downloaded it twice.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: December 10, 2009, 03:07:32 pm »

Holy crap, guys. I can almost take on Loyter the Crimson. 300 PV, cut damage armor, and a nullify damage+ shield is enough to bring his damage to a <10 level. Now I just need to find a fat enough elemental sword to actually deal damage.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: December 10, 2009, 03:29:02 pm »

.. OR you can stand there and throw cursed bottles of beer at him until he starves to death.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: December 10, 2009, 03:38:36 pm »

Seriously Vir, there are always multiple ways to deal with NPCs. In this case, you would have to acquire ragnarok, then LETS RAGNAROK near loyter. Problem solved.  Now you just need to deal with all the other problems. For that, I recommend more LETS RAGNAROK. It pretty much solves everything.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: December 10, 2009, 04:09:55 pm »

Seriously Vir, there are always multiple ways to deal with NPCs. In this case, you would have to acquire ragnarok, then LETS RAGNAROK near loyter. Problem solved.  Now you just need to deal with all the other problems. For that, I recommend more LETS RAGNAROK. It pretty much solves everything.

In DF Terms: Pull the "fuck the world" levler and watch it succumb in magma.

Oh, and does anyone know for how long well wishes are limited? All the 'strokes of luck gone by' makes me sad.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: December 10, 2009, 04:24:22 pm »

How does I survive said magma flood and collect phat loot and figures afterwards?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: December 10, 2009, 04:33:49 pm »

I usually don't drink from wells/fountains until past 10k turns since my last wish.

I'm not really keeping count.  Just wait long time.  If 10k doesn't work, probably 15k-20k...  cause thats about when I randomly start thinking, "time to get me a wish!"
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: December 10, 2009, 05:57:21 pm »

Can't say i remember exactly when i got my last one, but atleast one year, probably more, ingame time has passed and a lot of turns. Last wish was at lvl 11, now im 21.

Vir, running like hell combined with teleports and whatever you can get to survive the assumed dragon's breath would probably do. Just hope that Loyter kills enough of them before succumbing.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: December 10, 2009, 06:17:05 pm »

But I can almost kill Loyter. Wouldn't it be easier to just find a fatter weapon? (Or bring buddies with debuffs and fat weapons?)

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1797 on: December 10, 2009, 06:38:32 pm »

Pianist player here.
Nope.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: December 10, 2009, 06:41:25 pm »

more like grinding for platinum coins and abusing mechanics is a part of rougelikes =P

Casting = % success. Power = grind the spell, you train the spells.
It's easy to get guild skills, all you need is a wand of teleport and a spell/scroll of incognito.
Zap the guy on the stairs with the wand, go down and cast incognito then find the trainer.

Vir, you asked how to get through ragnarok, but yes, you could go get a weapon so... Got small medals? go buy Diablo.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: December 10, 2009, 06:46:30 pm »

Update on the Loyter issue. I just got a fatter darkness [####] sword and took on the Vernis-Loyter instead of party-Loyter. I ended up just spamming potions and rods while he bled away on my armor. The dungeon cleaner got involved after stepping in a puddle of acid, but it turns out he can't get past 300PV. They dropped useless miracle claymores and engagement rings.

Also, Naxza, don't play casters. They blow ridiculously hard. Damage multipliers with the physical weapons are the only way to scale your damage to meet the HP you have to chew through later on.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 141