Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 141

Author Topic: Elona: Roguelike.  (Read 469474 times)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
Re: Elona: Roguelike.
« Reply #1650 on: November 13, 2009, 04:55:15 am »

Best... Find... Ever...  :o

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 10:29:46 pm by Blaze »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: November 13, 2009, 07:20:50 am »

I used to think that kind of object was the best in the game.

Unfortunately from what I hear, they can turn on you rather harshly (they should adjust that)

So yes it is the best find ever... For now.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: November 13, 2009, 08:17:04 am »

Best... Find... Ever...  :o

Unless Living weapon's implementation is changed in 1.16, this is actually the most "Doh!"-frustrating find ever. You'd wish it did't come with the "alive" property.

At higher levels living weapons will start to suck your blood (to grow itself). Constantly. It will eventually become so hungry for your blood that it is impractical to continue using it.

But still, it will indeed be your best weapon for quite a while, since living weapons take tremendous amount of XP to grow...

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: November 13, 2009, 08:40:43 am »

Can't you choose to just not level it up?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: November 13, 2009, 11:41:21 am »

They are "alive". They do it all the time you wield them.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: November 13, 2009, 01:06:51 pm »

As long as you don't use it, it doesn't level up.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: November 13, 2009, 06:03:02 pm »

Living weapons start to suck blood at around level 15, so if I only upgrade it 13-14 times, there's no real negative effects.

Except that it takes shittons of exp to level a weapon; but a weapon with 14 different effects AND a damage dice of 10d7+4 AND a +27 chance to hit? That's pretty insane. More so if I throw some enchant weapons scrolls on it.

Morsigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: November 15, 2009, 01:48:47 pm »

Awesome stone.

+
It inflicts massive damage to dragons. [#####]
It negates confusion.

EDIT:
The queen of Palmia got drunk, threw up, and starved to death. XD

How come all your Elochat stuff appears in the message box at the bottom? To even read Elochat (besides all the deaths of other players) I need to alt-tab to it.

By the way my current main and newest character is "Delightful Falcon" Punch. My old character, Shining Blade Ravlee`lik, was accidentally deleted while I was moving my games around.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: November 15, 2009, 06:33:02 pm »

Hey I'm in the second screenshot  :D.

Messages pop-up if you don't move for a bit, so he got the death messages first, THEN he got the elochat messages.

Minstrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: November 17, 2009, 09:23:26 pm »

I've been playing this game for almost a month and I love it to bits. It's like if somebody took ADOM, Unangband and everything you love about jRPGs, put in a blender and then sprinkled it with loli.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: November 17, 2009, 10:01:40 pm »

I've been playing this game for almost a month and I love it to bits. It's like if somebody took ADOM, Unangband and everything you love about jRPGs, put in a blender and then sprinkled it with loli.
And the cranked the difficulty up ten notches, nerfed the player, and made playing piano punishable by death. ;D
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: November 17, 2009, 10:06:40 pm »

And the cranked the difficulty up ten notches, nerfed the player, and made having sex punishable by death. ;D
Fixed that for you.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: November 17, 2009, 10:35:57 pm »

And the cranked the difficulty up ten notches, nerfed the player, and made having sex punishable by death. ;D
Fixed that for you.
I thought it was punishable by insanity not death?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: November 17, 2009, 11:05:57 pm »

Insanity is punishable by death though, especially in NPCs.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: November 18, 2009, 02:45:47 pm »

Watching somebody die due to playing the piano always fills me with this warm, fuzzy feeling, that tells me that everything is going to be alright.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 141