Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 141

Author Topic: Elona: Roguelike.  (Read 469499 times)

Morsigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona: Roguelike.
« Reply #1665 on: November 18, 2009, 09:01:10 pm »

Hey I'm in the second screenshot  :D.

Messages pop-up if you don't move for a bit, so he got the death messages first, THEN he got the elochat messages.

Okay, but that doesn't really answer my question. My elo chat messages -never- pop up, unless he's getting private messages or something? I get the deaths from other players, but never see what they're saying in the chat, nor what I'm saying.

Minstrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: November 19, 2009, 10:27:09 am »

Does anybody know the specifics of how riding is leveled up? Do I train when I kill stuff while mounted? When I walk mounted? Over time?

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: November 19, 2009, 10:32:05 am »

I think someone said it was while fighting.

Morsigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: November 19, 2009, 02:25:32 pm »

Does anybody know the specifics of how riding is leveled up? Do I train when I kill stuff while mounted? When I walk mounted? Over time?

You can find out easily by hitting * on the riding skill in your character menu, and then watching if it increases while you run around or kill things. The value will be tracked near the compass on the left-hand side of the screen.

Morsigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: November 19, 2009, 07:36:12 pm »

So I was in a party time event killing beggars and, just turns before the quest was over, <Gilbert> the carnel drinks a love potion in my vicinity. We're now <amiable>, and I gained +50 points.

I didn't play a musical instrument once. It was just the fact that his opinion of me improved, I would assume. This might be an easy way for a non-performer to turn love potions into platinum.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: November 19, 2009, 07:53:06 pm »

I wonder if there are "other" activities you can do to beat that quest then. It just says provide entertainment, never says it has to be musical. Perhaps horizontal entertainment would work.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: November 19, 2009, 08:29:32 pm »

I wonder if there are "other" activities you can do to beat that quest then. It just says provide entertainment, never says it has to be musical. Perhaps horizontal entertainment would work.

But horizontal entertainment takes lots of time to perform... plus you need time to recover afterward. You gotta be real good at it to complete party quest with it.

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: November 19, 2009, 08:38:31 pm »

I really can't seem to get anywhere. I hit a wall at about 2.5-3k in gold, after which point the game is like beating my head against a wall. Am I supposed to grind my skills and base stats up, but without leveling up, as efficiently as possible or something?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 08:45:44 pm by Idiom »

Morsigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: November 19, 2009, 09:37:29 pm »

I really can't seem to get anywhere. I hit a wall at about 2.5-3k in gold, after which point the game is like beating my head against a wall. Am I supposed to grind my skills and base stats up, but without leveling up, as efficiently as possible or something?

I was there for a while myself. Have you read the tips on the wiki? There are some really easy ways to make obscene amounts of money.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Tips

I pretty much do what it says and make out like a bandit. If you're lucky, right out of the gate you can walk into Vernis, pick up a "Before it's too late!" quest, and earn 8k. More if there are delivery quests to the same city.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: November 19, 2009, 09:49:27 pm »

* Zangi shakes fist at Elona Shooter

Now I have a hankering to play this game.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: November 19, 2009, 09:52:33 pm »

Anyone know how gene engineering works with adding body parts? I've got a pet alien (HOOORAY!) and want him to equip stuff, but am afraid giving him hands will ruin his CLAW, MELT AND RAPE EVERYTHING move.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: November 19, 2009, 11:45:20 pm »

Lower your fame by repeatedly failing party and gather quests. 100% safe plus you can have your way with the guests/farmland creatures during the quests.

Anyone know how gene engineering works with adding body parts? I've got a pet alien (HOOORAY!) and want him to equip stuff, but am afraid giving him hands will ruin his CLAW, MELT AND RAPE EVERYTHING move.

Ditch it... at its current state it will already infect things it attacked, and spawn aliens hostile to you. The same goes for monsters that summon creatures.

Edit: The forum is acting weird to me... my posts are not immediately shown, and edited posts can revert to a previous state on later edits. And the forum complained I'm submitting a post twice when I'm trying to edit it.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 11:51:29 pm by kcwong »

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: November 19, 2009, 11:47:52 pm »

*double post removed*

Morsigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: November 20, 2009, 01:56:10 pm »

As kcwong said, get rid of the alien. From my understand, any units summoned by your pets will be hostile to you as well as the enemies.

To get extra body parts, see the wiki:

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Gene_Engineer

This has all the monsters which will add various body parts.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: November 20, 2009, 02:28:17 pm »

My question is whether or not I can choose which body parts to add or choose to add no body parts at all. I know for sure that skills are definitely always transferred, but I haven't done any non-humanoid gene engineering yet. My plan is to ranch it and then goof around with the breedees, but that's a shop, new house, and a ranch away.

Also, I don't see the impregnation as a big problem. Anything that survives long enough to give birth is going to kill me easily anyway. I'm keeping the alien as a mount (183 speed is sexy) until its usefulness for being 4x my level goes away.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 141