Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 141

Author Topic: Elona: Roguelike.  (Read 469449 times)

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Elona: Roguelike.
« Reply #1710 on: November 29, 2009, 05:09:52 pm »

My best character so far was an Archer. Nothing too interesting after that.

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: November 30, 2009, 07:24:37 pm »

The general vendor just died of food poisoning... and he was my main source of food.

Don't NPC's respawn?

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: November 30, 2009, 07:35:51 pm »

NPCs respawn, it'll take awhile though.

In the meantime, you'll just have to do without food cargo. The innkeeper can keep you fed, provided you don't wander too far.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1713 on: November 30, 2009, 07:42:23 pm »

Ha! Having someone ELSE provide for you?
Being a Dwarf gave me cooking skill, so I just cook the bodies of everything I (or my little girl companion) kill.
Can't some of the bodies be beneficial to your health?

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: November 30, 2009, 08:37:57 pm »

Got my first wish. 7 League Boots! Found my first artifact too. An artifact... seed. Right. It is made of incomprehensible Japanese characters.

Oh! Miracle Obsidian Boots! That can't be identified! That has to be good, right?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 08:40:48 pm by Idiom »

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: November 30, 2009, 08:55:48 pm »

I'm kicking ass like all get out right now! Started playing an archer, right? Nothing too exciting 'til I get to Vernis. That thief event murdered the guy with Ragnarok, and he had an artifact cloak. Vindale. 4,7 protect, maintains strength, luck, constitution, and learning. Holy cow! I traded the sword in for a great claymore (2d10+3) and a breastplate (6,10). I'm breezing through enemies, and I've still got a lot of cash burning a hole in my pocket.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: November 30, 2009, 09:07:37 pm »

I'm going to eat this stupid artifact seed. It's like finding an artifact bone fragment. What the hell. What the hell.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: November 30, 2009, 09:24:34 pm »

I'm going to eat this stupid artifact seed. It's like finding an artifact bone fragment. What the hell. What the hell.
Maybe if you plant it an artifact plant will grow?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: November 30, 2009, 09:42:45 pm »

You'll need farmland to plant it on of course, then you can harvest it a few days later.

You should make sure it isn't cursed though, otherwise it'll just wither.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: November 30, 2009, 09:48:49 pm »

That artifact seed gives you a random miracle or better item, with I think a chance of one of the set artifacts. KEEP IT!!! Just store it in your house.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: November 30, 2009, 10:32:56 pm »

That artifact seed gives you a random miracle or better item, with I think a chance of one of the set artifacts. KEEP IT!!! Just store it in your house.
How?

Also, miracle boots of Obsidian are Godbane boots that make me preform better. Now if only I had the performer skill...

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: November 30, 2009, 10:54:03 pm »

You have to get a farm and plant it. Alternately, you could use the Harvest god's item after planting it in your house to get it to sprout.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Minstrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: November 30, 2009, 11:04:13 pm »

How?

Here's some info on planting and seeds:

1. You do not actually need a farm to plant seeds. You can plant seeds straight in the ground in your home. Like, even the pavement. To do that, press the "t" button while standing on the spot you wish to plant.
2. Seeds are edible an thus can be easily and indefinitely stored in your house's fridge.

Now, you should save all seeds until you get the gardening skill. Do not plant seeds right away! Save them up and save up some platinum coins.

When you have enough platinum coins, you should go to the trainer, buy the gardening skill and then use the remaining platinum coins to raise the skills potential to 100%-200%. If you don't have enough platinum to get it to that level, get more platinum.

Once you have over a 100% potential in gardening, planting each seed will train your skill by 0.600 or more. First plant all your vegetable and fruit and gem seeds. This should raise your gardening skill fast. If at anytime your potential in gardening drops below 100%, go raise it with platinum.

You can start planting your artifact seeds only when you reach level 10 or more in your gardening skill.

To get more seeds, consider converting to Kumiromi of the Harvest. Worshippers of Kumiromi can convert rotten food to seeds (all rotten foods, not only plants). This happens automatically when the food rots: you should get a message like "3 grapes rot. You harvest 2 seeds" or something. This process is random: not all food will be converted to seeds. It seems that the chance of you harvesting seeds raises with time, which may mean it is dependent on your piety.

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: November 30, 2009, 11:51:49 pm »

Lucky Day at the lucky Noyel church Fountain + save scummed at that moment.

Oh
Yea
 ;D

Time to bag me some wishes.

EDIT:
"YOU GET PREGNANT"

The well is dry. Wow. Elona at it's finest. Even when all the odds are in your favor, it pisses in your face.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 11:54:41 pm by Idiom »

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: November 30, 2009, 11:59:23 pm »

Ya you get preggers way more often than you should drinking water in that game, I'd expect at least 1/3rd of the npcs to be preggers.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 141