Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 141

Author Topic: Elona: Roguelike.  (Read 469428 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona: Roguelike.
« Reply #1725 on: December 01, 2009, 01:22:15 am »

Then 9/10 of that would somehow drink poison or eat something that would make em vomit right after...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1726 on: December 01, 2009, 05:29:23 pm »

Always keep the corpse of a human on you for this reason, rotted or not.
Human flesh is the number one way to reverse pregnancy

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: December 01, 2009, 05:40:46 pm »

Always keep the corpse of a human on you for this reason, rotted or not.
Human flesh is the number one way to reverse pregnancy

Bottles of acid or dye do the trick just fine. Plus there's no creepy aspect to carrying around a bottle of dye....
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: December 05, 2009, 04:03:27 pm »

I just got into Larna. Was super excited to start material kitting all my gear, then saw that they only had bronze kits. Bronze kits cost 100k. Whaaaaatttt?

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: December 05, 2009, 07:36:05 pm »

The shops in Larna restock, but everything is priced ~500x their normal value.
Damn tourist economy.

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: December 05, 2009, 07:51:07 pm »

Well, I had a half decent character going right up until  my save got corrupted.

I had +15 speed from mutations, +10 speed from feats, and +10-15 ish from items. Zoom zoom zoom!

I never got to plant that artifact seed either.

Morsigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: December 05, 2009, 08:21:34 pm »

Funny story:

One of the NPC adventurers came to my house and was all, "Let's have a drink to deepen our friendship!"

He proceeds to immediately drink a crim ale and vomit about six or seven times in my "meeting room", which is a large area with chairs and carpet tiles in the middle of my compound.

As he's vomiting everywhere (and I vomited about twice myself), he's also suffering from not one but TWO ######+ blood sucking items. Every time he takes a step and vomits he also spills about two or three tiles worth of blood.

In the end he died rapidly, but not before absolutely covering my house in vomit and blood.

The only thing holding my character back right now is better gear. I can get money readily enough, but I'm having a hard time actually finding worthwhile pieces to equip.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: December 05, 2009, 08:36:48 pm »

Funny story:

One of the NPC adventurers came to my house and was all, "Let's have a drink to deepen our friendship!"

He proceeds to immediately drink a crim ale and vomit about six or seven times in my "meeting room", which is a large area with chairs and carpet tiles in the middle of my compound.

As he's vomiting everywhere (and I vomited about twice myself), he's also suffering from not one but TWO ######+ blood sucking items. Every time he takes a step and vomits he also spills about two or three tiles worth of blood.

In the end he died rapidly, but not before absolutely covering my house in vomit and blood.

The only thing holding my character back right now is better gear. I can get money readily enough, but I'm having a hard time actually finding worthwhile pieces to equip.

Have you gotten as many companions you can lead as decked out as possible?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: December 05, 2009, 09:24:33 pm »

I'm trying a performer this time. My performer skill just hit 20. I'm in "the dog lover's" house, the little kid's room, in the starting town getting some practice in. People walking by are throwing random items into the room that tend to land behind me. I can't tell if they're giving me these or if they're trying to hit me.

Whaaaa? Now random items are spawning all around me every so often. I even closed the door.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 09:30:11 pm by Idiom »

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: December 05, 2009, 09:29:33 pm »

I'm trying a performer this time. My performer skill just hit 20. I'm in "the dog lover's" house, the little kid's room, in the starting town getting some practice in. People walking by are throwing random items into the room that tend to land behind me. I can't tell if they're giving me these or if they're trying to hit me.
Are they throwing valuable objects? :D

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: December 05, 2009, 09:34:04 pm »

Nope. Generic objects. Fanciest thing was a bouquet of flowers and a stuffed toy. I don't think they're throwing them. It's just me in a locked room and random objects spawning in here.

WTF?

"Maniac Machine"? Either it spawned there or someone threw it, but WTF is going on!?!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 09:38:52 pm by Idiom »

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1736 on: December 05, 2009, 09:40:49 pm »

You see, they're not throwing things at you out of spite. They love your talent.
Remember: press C (capital) to  close a door~

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: December 05, 2009, 09:46:30 pm »

Well apparently they just threw some very valuable sort of furniture piece. Sweet.

Life is good.

Wait. Killed by audience. Well, it was good.

Huh. My piano disappeared. Crap.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 09:55:10 pm by Idiom »

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: December 05, 2009, 09:59:30 pm »

Well apparently they just threw some very valuable sort of furniture piece. Sweet.

Life is good.

Wait. Killed by audience. Well, it was good.
They're throwing furniture?
Who would hate you that much to do that?

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: December 05, 2009, 10:05:46 pm »

How do you lose a piano?
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 141