Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Wurm Online!  (Read 13318 times)

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wurm Online!
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2007, 10:14:00 am »

We are already playoing on wild server.
Tun Athelbuket, farmer cancels sleep: Caged.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2007, 01:54:00 pm »

I think we can have a settlement on each server.  I prefer the Home server, I really just don't like to deal with the idea of player combat.  As long as I'm not alone, I'll continue playing on Home.

Pitchblack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2007, 02:31:00 pm »

It is possible to move between the 2 servers, but it is a long difficult journey and you need to swim...alot

It will be easier once boats are in.

Anyway im on home atm, but i have characters on both.

Home: Pitchblack
Wild: Meredious (i think)
Meridious is currently in a town he was going to join but decided not to.
and i have no idea how to get him back....

Yeah but wild is pretty good as long as your town aint seiged.

Turgid Bolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tacticus Grandmaster
    • View Profile
    • http://...
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2007, 02:17:00 am »

Yeah, we're still having fun on Home, though Delamore's screenshots look sweeet.

We're currently looking for a good site for our mountainhome.

"This is an engraving of a Dwarf and a Mandrill Leather Skirt. The Dwarf is raising the skirt."
Multiplayer Adventure Mode, the (now defunct) DF roleplaying game.

mickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2007, 02:51:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Sappho:
<STRONG>Okay, I downloaded it but it's running painfully slowly.  How do I change settings?  I can't seem to locate a menu or anything...

We should start a DF village or something.   :)</STRONG>

There's an options button at the login screen. I could get the game to run smoothly on a pretty low-end box by disabling a lot of prettiness.

I>What happens in Nefekvucar stays in Nefekvucar.

mickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2007, 02:54:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Mechanoid:
<STRONG>Of course i've played the game ... For 2 hours before i realised that it was damn-near impossible to do a damn thing by myself.
</STRONG>

It's part of the point of the game. You need to band together to survive well. Personally I've managed to make it rather well on my own, you just need more time to get things done by yourself. Took me ten hours to get my house up!

mickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2007, 04:08:00 am »

I'm on the home server at the moment. I bumbled around making a fool of myself until I ran into a nice anarchic community due south from Newtown. We're at least three DF:ers there, two of us with houses so far. I've got a workshop set up with a forge for smithing and an oven for baking.

To find your way there, head south along the main north-south road in Newtown. After a long, steep incline (nice view if you look back) there is a road branching off to the east between a chimney and a small hut. Follow it west and observe the mountain to your north and the valley on your south (don't fall - it hurts) and aim for the guard tower. On the plateau is my workshop. Please don't crowd it, I am planning some expansions.

Oh, and do speak to the others before you settle. There's no de juro community leader around, but past my place there's a workshop of a couple of people who seem to be the ones who have their act together the most and that I look to as authorities. I just can't remember their names at the moment.

Apart from us DF:ers, and those guys (who I'm getting hooked on DF as we speak) there seems to be mostly a bunch of guys in their early teens, some of them from Sweden.

There's also a mine which appears to be communal, and there are forests nearby. Be nice and don't abuse the resources.

I also heard of a DF community west of Newtown... Can anyone confirm this? If it exists we need to chart out the route between us. And as responsible dorfs we need to tunnel between them, too.

As for tunneling, you can't rewall, or build walls at all underground, so there'll be no doors underground, unfortunately. But since when did we dorfs need that sort of luxury? Pah! When I started out, we didn't have pickaxes. We had to beat the rock with our fists until it cracked. The feeble and unfit were put to work smoothing walls with their fingertips. We didn't have anvils either, so we used our heads. We drew lots of who'd be the anvil each day (and Olīn Crackedskull had a lot of bad luck). Since we didn't have forges, or fire, we had to rub the ore with our hands until the friction made it warm enough to work.

Ahh, those were the days...   :)

Kjoery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2007, 10:56:00 am »

Okay. I'm creating a character (I'll search through this thread soon to figure out where everyone is)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2007, 11:24:00 am »

I'm not sure if it's west(I don't have the directions down yet) but it's down the road directly opposite the mayor's house in Newtown, across a small landbridge(more detail; right of the main road, should be able to see it from there in daylight, then a hike up the mountain past a settlement called Bended Bar. And follow the road looking for a branch going into the forest. You should see the place where we took all the screenshots nearby)

Theres also another settlement near thats name I don't recall.

If you come across the other settlement looking for us theres a guy named spyfox living there(it'll identify it as the right place), If you see his house head left past the entrance of that town and hike along the road until you find a sign saying outpost 1(not ours but it's a good landmark.)  take the nearby cobblestone road into the forest and you'll come across our little mini fortress.

Sorry, I'm horrible at giving directions.

[ October 27, 2007: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Turgid Bolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tacticus Grandmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2007, 01:01:00 pm »

I'll be on a little later today, just /tell Turgid and I can come guide you to our (temporary) camp in the mountains. It's that same mountain you describe, mickel, I think.
"This is an engraving of a Dwarf and a Mandrill Leather Skirt. The Dwarf is raising the skirt."

lumin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2007, 01:02:00 pm »

Yeah, I'm with Grieger, Sappho, Irrod and a couple others.  I'm called Luram.  If you can find Aegis village (following the road out of NewTown) you follow the bridge across the lake, and go up the mountain along the steep path.  We're basically right on top of the mountain in the middle of a forest.  So far we've got a large stockpile of tools, bowls and we've been forging some steel weapons.

We definately need a compass because I can't tell directions at all.  We also don't have a pelt yet, so we can't finish the steel stuff.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2007, 11:46:00 pm »

Heh, I was on with you earlier today while you were all digging clay. Unfortunatly I had to head off for work just then. I'll see if I can find you sometime soon.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Turgid Bolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tacticus Grandmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2007, 02:25:00 am »

Posted some more photos at the photobucket: http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/ff217/dfwurm/

I may have to abandon the fort when DF releases, guys. I'll come back once I get my fill of DF (if such a thing is possible).

LSTAR

• Bay Watcher
  • Has Sprung From Ambush!
    • View Profile
    • Second Hand News
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2007, 09:49:00 am »

I've been playing Wurm for nearly a week now and WOW! I'm loving it! In just two days I've racked up nearly 12 hours of gaming time...
It's so horrifically addictive but more rewarding than nearly any other game I've played. Me and another fellow hit  it off on our first meeting and we've built a house and paddock together near a small mine in an Epic forest of ancient pines. We also committed Grand Theft Oven on a neighboring homestead ^^.  :D
The most amazing things are going on a long journey, turning back and seeing a plume of smoke rising from the hilltop you just left. That and the crafting. That and reading what's going on in other places of the world. That and meeting a traveler and offering him food. That and going on a pilgrimage to a distant player city. That and learning that there's religion and magic but that very few people care. That and knowing that I will never earn a single Gold Piece... That and...
"Slaves to Ciko Suppermuffin: Goddess of Food."

The man, the blog, the manblog.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2007, 12:42:00 pm »

Aha, I believe I've found your place. Immigrant inbound.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6