Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: Wurmonline DF town  (Read 18764 times)

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wurmonline DF town
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2007, 05:12:00 pm »

So we're moving today? That's what I heard. I'm Maranov, if anyone's wondering.

Delamore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2007, 12:20:00 pm »

Sorry guys I wasn't there, had a problem haven't been on the computer.
I'm on IRC now

Newton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2007, 10:33:00 pm »

Info on the Move.

Tomorrow at 6 AM central, we will be moving camp to some other place.  At that point there will be a vote for home verses wild server.  Home's new camp will be along the western coast (with more info to be decided), and Wild's new camp will also be along the west coast.  

Today I scouted out the Wild location by sticking to the Northern coast and following it around.  Here are pics of a possible location for us to settle.

Long distance view of the area, as seen from the sea:

A bit closer:

It's pretty steep to get up there, and is heavily forested:

So I climbed up that hill and attempted to get to the very top of the mountain, but sadly I couldn't make it all the way up.  We may be able to do the build fence, and climb tatic to make it to the top if we want too, but here is the highest point I got:

At the top it can be pretty steep:

There are a few flat areas on the mountain, this is the higher one, and later there is a larger one, that is closer to the ocean

Lower flat pictures in the next post.

I suggest if we move to this spot to start our building on this lower flat, and then expand upwards as the lower area has more flat area for us to build on at first.

Anyways, I hope to see you all when we move tomorrow!

Stride

Newton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2007, 10:34:00 pm »

Lower flat:

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2007, 07:05:00 pm »

And we moved! A lot of us didn't reach it, and one of us practically suicided, but we have our very own Mountainhome on Home. We'll be posting some screenies soon.

Delamore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2007, 10:34:00 am »

Map to us from home NT

Were the black sqaure, topdogs deed near is the blue, tiny flag is a sign for the path up
Making wild map now.

Delamore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2007, 10:34:00 am »

Follow that line to the home server, then this line to us.

[ November 06, 2007: Message edited by: Delamore ]

Delamore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2007, 06:02:00 pm »

IRC is
#wurm
On the WorldIRC network, same as bay12 games
Always be on it

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2007, 06:52:00 pm »

If you don't mind my asking, why did the whole of the DF Wild community move to Home?

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2007, 10:26:00 pm »

I just finished a simple town plan, the idea is that anyone who cares makes some sort of sketch and we can vote on the best one.

The final area is 21x21 tiles, the big Road is a three tile wide cobblestone coming from the central west area, and the mine is close to the northeast corner.

This design has 24 housing plots, each 2x3 (or 2x2 if we want to force every house to have one tile between it and the road), and three large civic buildings. The area to the right is leftover that I thought could make an okay park or orchard or something, we can swap it with the civic buildings if we want, to have a park near the middle "plaza".

We're also supposed to lock the town trader somewhere. The mayor will figure something out or tweak the design I suppose, we can always shuffle the civic area around.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2007, 10:29:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Mephisto:
<STRONG>If you don't mind my asking, why did the whole of the DF Wild community move to Home?</STRONG>

Lower maintenance costs mostly. No need to have heavy guards, we can even have a temporary homestead as a shelter, since we don't fear BLer raids. Also there's more people that can help established in Home.

The only "upside" of wild was to have one-sided crappy PvP (since most PvPers buy premium accounts anyway and would beat us without breaking a sweat, and let's face it, combat isn't exactly exciting in Wurm) and ONE stronger monster, the huge spider.

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2007, 11:16:00 am »

Next time someone makes a trip to Newtown, could I be notified, please, so that I can follow you back? I seem to be incapable of making the trip myself without being raped by spiders.

EDIT: Never mind. I made it.

[ November 07, 2007: Message edited by: Tahin ]

mickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2007, 08:22:00 am »

I took a small recon trip. The highway to the west is amazingly elaborate work. I can't even begin to imagine the man-hours put down into it.
I>What happens in Nefekvucar stays in Nefekvucar.

Morlark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Morlark's Blog
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2007, 06:07:00 pm »

Hey all! Played Wurm a while ago, but quit because it seemed like it would be more fun as a group. Didn't realise that there was a B12 group. I'll see if I can make it over to where you guys are. I wonder if any of my belongings haven't been nicked yet?

Edit: Also, would it be possible to edit the first post with the details of the new Home village? I almost didn't bother to read the second page when I saw that you were on Wild, and wouldn't that have been a mistake, eh?

[ November 09, 2007: Message edited by: Morlark ]

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2007, 04:33:00 am »

What world are you guys?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18