Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Murderworked Succession Game  (Read 1279 times)

dUMBELLS

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Misc. Object User (RUSTY)
    • View Profile
Murderworked Succession Game
« on: November 09, 2008, 09:27:52 pm »

RULES:
 Your turn goes for a year.
 You must not abandon the fort.
 You should try and construct a mega project.
 It's preferred you try and tell a story.
 Claim the turn, first one gets it.
 You mustn't take more than four days on a turn.

Our spot:

A nice hot spot with a volcano and brook to keep things busy. Who might live in this place, you may ask, well, these brave dwarves.
Domas Zulbanmemad (Daisy): Our Miner/Mason.
Olin Tunuthmik (Kite): Our Carpenter.
Unib Urvadthiz (Shed): Our Woodcutter/Axe-weilding Psychodwarf.
Urist Sakzulsedil (Snout): Our Fisherdwarf/Leader.
Geshud Ducimam (Raven): Our Grower/Herbalist/Plant-lover.
Endok Zutirgosmer (Grape): Our Brewer/Cook.
Shem Dodokator (#7): Our Miner/Record Keeper.
And what we brought with us:

Let's begin telling the tale of the legendary fortress, Murderworked.

1st Granite, 301
I'll take the time now that our greatest threat is a herd of goats to start carving the fort into the side of this mountain. Looking around the environment I can write down that there are numerous lakes scattered about, mountains, and a volcano. That's all. While traveling to this spot in winter we noticed that it was warm and the rivers and lakes did not freeze over, less work for us. Anyway, I might as well put down that I am Snout, the fearless leader of The Stockade of Leopards and founder of the fortress Murderworked. Well I better put this away and get back to fishing, wouldn't want those other dwarves, especially #7 (stupid artist), to figure out that I'm keeping a journal. -Urist "Snout" Sakzulsedil
27th Granite, 301
While the miners have done a great deal of work on digging into the mountain, Daisy have yet to start masonry, probably due to laziness on my part. Anyway, we've spotted our first creature that isn't a goat or lava beast, a silvery gibbon. I've ordered Raven to construct a cage for them, they may be used as a trade good later. I ordered Daisy to dig out a room for #7's office, oh the pleasure I will have in condemning him to that room later. Rooms were dug out for the food stockpile, farm, and barracks respectively. It was my obligation to sketch up a map of the fort. The lava beasts have yet to show up. -Urist "Snout" Sakzulsedil
14th Slate, 301
My heart just about stopped today as I saw a herd of about seven elephants! Goodness! Our whole fort would just barely take down one elephant, but seven?! That's one per dwarf, and the only one of us who's armed is Shed. Oh well, just keep our distance I guess unless, that is, migrants walk straight through them. Also, my fishing spot has been depopulated, and all for nothing as off-duty dwarves just sit there without putting the fish in stockpiles, they will be disciplined. -Urist "Snout" Sakzulsedil

6th Felsite, 301
We've began construction on various things including the dining room, the farm, fortifications, and the office. Our stocks look promising right now, and the cook is hard at work. Expecting a migrant wave, which reminds me of how we need a trade depot. Oh yeah, I should either get brewing or make a well. I'll get on it right after I'm finished with my map. -Urist "Snout" Sakzulsedil
15th Felsite, 301
Another herd of seven elephants appeared, it seems to be a different one. It looks like my water plan was in vain, the fort is being flooded right now and I have to find someway to fix it with drowning a mason. I'm thinking. -Urist "Snout" Sakzulsedil

25th Felsite, 301
I've done it, but the whole fortress is dehydrating and I have a feeling it's all my fault. Well, they'll have to drink from a nearby lake for now. -Urist "Snout" Sakzulsedil
1st Hematite, 301
It is summer and we are in dire need of booze. Construction on the Trade Depot has begun and we are expecting migrants soon. I've unwalled off a portion of the drinking source, but it'll have to be rewalled in case of rains. Gray Gibbons. Me and Raven have a thing for each other, we're lovers. Oh do our futures look bright! -Urist "Snout" Sakzulsedil
20th Hematite, 301
While we are waiting for the summer caravan we have our sights set on starting the channel into the magma forge. Since many foul beasts lay in wait on the other side of the obsidian wall, we'll first need to construct a steel grate, but at the moment we don't know where to find one. Of course we could start the flow early and put up defensive positions, but that might be deadly. So we'll wait. -Urist "Snout" Sakzulsedil

23rd Hematite, 301
The moment has finally come! I've sentenced that dreadful #7 to the study, where she'll stay until she mantains high precision.  We've started digging the tunnel for the magma to flow through. -Urist "Snout" Sakzulsedil
26th Hematite, 301
We sat around the fortress entrance, anticipating migrants, but none came. It seems they weren't attracted to our fortress this season, but who needs them when we're barely getting by on the food we have now, only a small amount of plants. My fishing has become ineffective, the lakes have either been depopulated or I'm not using the right bait. -Urist "Snout" Sakzulsedil

3rd Malachite, 301
I sent the woodcutter Shed out after a gray gibbon, he should bring back some meat to help our food situation. Oh, the weather cleared and our water source refilled. -Urist "Snout" Sakzulsedil
3rd Malachite, 301
The woodcutter came back and told me the Gray Gibbon fled before he could get a hold of him, and left before he encountered elephants. I don't blame him, but he came back at the wrong time if he fears elephants, theres a herd of them just outside. Seven as you might expect. They are at the trade depot, and luckily I've already channeled around the perimeter of our main base, the most they could destroy is the statue and the trade depot. I've ordered everyone inside, they are definitely aware of our presence. -Urist "Snout" Sakzulsedil

17th Malachite, 301
#7 is doing his job, now I know we aren't in a food crisis after all! The elephant herd is getting close, one of them a step away from the trade depot's statue. The only thing that lies between us and those pachyderms is a wooden floor hatch. I would send out Shed with an axe to try and scare them away but two things are keeping me from it. First, he's my friend and I'd never do that to him, and second, we'd just anger the entire herd and maybe even all the herds. Not a good thing to try. -Urist "Snout" Sakzulsedil
1st Limestone, 301
The season is now Autumn, I must have forgotten that the summer caravan never comes the first year of a fortresse's establishment. I've tried to get Grape to brew up some booze but he keeps complaining that the "asshole dwarves are hogging the barrels for their food". A tiger showed up by the volcano, I have to keep an eye on it, I'll build a cage trap for it later. -Urist "Snout" Sakzulsedil
1st Sandstone, 301
The caravan from Ulolmuthkat has finally arrived! Not much to trade with them I'm afraid, I'll do the best I can with what we've got. I ended up buying some plump helmets for a few fish barrels. Afterwards the roof collapsed in an unfortunate "accident". Well, we now have several new goods to stash away. The bad news is that my darling Daisy broke her wrist, she was nearby when it occured. -Urist "Snout" Sakzulsedil

1st Sandstone, 301
I sent Shed out to try and chase the tiger into the cage trap, instead of being chased the tiger decided to attack him, and Shed killed it. Tiger meat. -Urist "Snout" Sakzulsedil
23rd Sandstone, 301
The last twenty-two days have been spent carrying items from the trade depot to stockpiles. Unfortunately, we weren't able to store the tiger properly and it became rotten.

Then, migrants! They must have been attracted by the shiny trade goods, the volcano, and the merchant corpses. I'll list their professions;
Igniz Usanurvad: Gem Cutter (Useless)
Mosus Zustashzasit: Glassmaker / Leatherworker / Clothier (Useless)
Fikod Astistam: Peasant (No comment)
Onul Nishasmel: Wood Burner (Useless)
Lokum Tanonul: Mason (We already have one, he'll probably be forced to be the mechanic.)
Aban Kolegen: Peasant (No comment)
Fath Domasudil: Bowyer (Future soldier)
Tosid Tostalath: Peasant (No comment)
Mistem Ustuthsobir: Leatherworker (Useless)
Our population has grown to sixteen. I sketched a map of our fort. -Urist "Snout" Sakzulsedil
1st Moonstone, 301
It is now winter on the calender. We are doing quite well in everything, the beds for the new migrants are being built and new toys are being stockpiled. It has been confirmed, there is nothing to catch in the southeastern swamps. Well, there somes to be not much to do now that the fish are all gone. -Urist "Snout" Sakzulsedil

14th Moonstone, 301
Chaos arose when kobold theives popped up only to be torn to bits by Shed and his squad. They were only commisioned because the squad that was supposed to be there was sleeping. Otherwise uneventful. -Urist "Snout" Sakzulsedil

6th Opal, 301
Fikod Astistam, a migrant swordsman, suffered a broken leg during a fight with a jaguar and had to be carried to bed. We are currently channeling into the volcano to get out magma source, I will position the marksdwarf on an overhanging ledge to try and take care of the fire imps and the magma man, that should keep him busy. I don't think it'd be a bad idea either to build a floodgate to trap him in in case he catches fire. I sketched up a map. -Urist "Snout" Sakzulsedil
1st Granite, 302
It's been one year since we've struck the earth. I gave a speech today in the meeting hall congratualting all on their work, unfortunately Fikod wasn't there because of his broken leg. I've sketched up a map. Our future looks bright, the stocks are good, I think the architecture is just suberb. I don't want to go into much detail, but I think this has been one the finer forts I've commanded yet. -Urist "Snout" Sakzulsedil
MAP - DOWNLOAD

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
Re: Murderworked Succession Game
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 09:36:54 pm »

I'll get in on this one - I know someone else on the IRC channel is taking the next turn, so I'll be #3 (more convenient for me anyway, playing with other stuff right now)
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

BlakeKoris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 10:07:43 pm »

I'll be #4 them.

Be sure to PM me when it's my turn, though.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 08:54:11 pm »

Guys, elephants are harmless. I just thought I'd let you know.

You should be able to kill a whole herd easily with a peasant with a crossbow. With a melee weapon, you should be able to run down and kill most of them.

Turnip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 09:24:39 pm »

YOUR PLANNING IS HORRIBLE
And (because of various programming quirks) dwarves are kinda stupid. Granted, so are the other races. But still.
And yet these stupid dwarves are going to eventually make a nuclear weapon out of cheese and basalt.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 03:35:14 am »

I'll take turn 5