Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ImagiNation!  (Read 1948 times)

nunix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
ImagiNation!
« on: October 28, 2007, 04:00:00 pm »

So, I'm trying to spread the word and get more people logging on regularly.

http://innrevival.googlepages.com/

"Getting On-Line" has the two ver' ver' small things you need to download (and if you already have a recent dosbox, well, you just need the INN client).

Right now pretty much everything works. Twinion and Cawdor are maybe going to go up early November, from my talk with the dev, but Yserbius runs just fine. Think pretty much all the parlor games are working in Clubhouse and SierraLand, also, including Red Baron.

My Yserbius character I'm playing the most right now is "Wee Jock" (gnome thief), and I'm sometimes hanging around in SierraLand or Clubhouse as nunix. Drop in! Tell your friends! Et cetera et cetera~

nunix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ImagiNation!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 10:16:00 pm »

Small update:

Twinion and Cawdor are up and running.

Community's coming together and there are some semi-regular gaming nights on Wednesday and Saturday in SierraLand.

Connection can be a little iffy (it looks like ISPs that do traffic-shaping cause issues with connecting to the client) but it's up most of the time, so sidle on by and give it a look. ^_^

Metal Chao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 04:14:00 am »

You know, when making a topic about a game, it is generally accepted that you need to actually tell us what it is before babbling on about stuff that non-players don't understand.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 09:00:00 am »

SPAM!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Fenrir

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 09:54:00 am »

It doesn't look like he's a spam bot. Since this is the "Other Games" section and he's only posted one topic, I don't think this qualifies as spam yet.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 01:22:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by nunix:
<STRONG>(and if you already have a recent dosbox, well, you just need the INN client)</STRONG>

Why didn't you use something that people who aren't cavemen use?

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

nunix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 02:09:00 pm »

Er, no, it's not spam. Or not intentional spam, in any case. =p Main people interested in it so far have been folk who used it before, so I hadn't been diligent in advertising/selling it to new users. Anyway: ImagiNation Network.

Early 90s gaming network. Think something like Yahoo Games setup, except you were dialing into a dedicated system for all of that, instead of just opening more web pages.

Torak: not sure what you're getting at? It's an ancient caveman DOS program. Source code isn't available, so some reverse-engineering tricks are getting it to run (or so I understand, I'm not the coder). Unless you mean there's something out there better than DOSbox, which I'd love to hear about. =p

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 04:00:00 pm »

quote:
Unless you mean there's something out there better than DOSbox, which I'd love to hear about. =p[/QB]

no, I'm pretty sure he means the INN. there's tons of stuff that's just like it (well similar anyway) and works just fine with the newest OSes. I can see why it would be fun to do some reverse engineering on a DOS system to see how it was done and such, but unless there's people who used the original network, I don't think there'd be much demand for it.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 02:02:00 pm »

OH MY GOD I REMEMBER THE ADS FOR THAT I WANTED TO PLAY YSERBIUS SO BADLY A DECADE AND A HALF AGO.

You bet your ass I'm sold on this game.

Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 05:05:00 pm »

Yserbius does look pretty hawt, I looked it up on Wikipedia.  We should start a DF guild.
Shoes...