Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 42

Author Topic: Kobold Camp  (Read 153443 times)

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp
« Reply #345 on: April 06, 2009, 05:07:03 pm »

That aside: Kobold nobles. How long does it take for them to show up? My camp of 300 had like 2 million in worth, a Dungeon Master and a Philosopher, but no notable nobles ever showed up.

There ARE kobold nobles, right?

Did you take off the Item_Thief tag so that you have exported wealth?  Because 0 exported wealth means most nobles aren't an option as they have exported wealth requirements.

Yeah. Replaced with babysnatcher to keep the world still against me. Now the only mention I get when merchants leave is of kidnappers leaving with dogs, cats and so on.

Tiler

• Bay Watcher
  • [ODOR_LEVEL:999]
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 06, 2009, 08:11:05 pm »

[BONECARN].

Kobolds have it. Which now explains to me why all the refuse pile is always suspiciously empty. It also explains to me why the kobold's coffins were all empty.

The first major hint was seeing a tile alternating between bones/coffin, which made me wonder why all the other coffins didn't have that going on. Then I saw a kobold make off with the remains.

Also, I've taken the dwarven route to appeasement; I put an artifact armor stand in a dining room, making all the kobolds blissfully happy despite everyone getting killed in sparring accidents.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 07, 2009, 07:19:23 am »

They eat their own kinds bones as well? Never noticed that. I did wonder though why some people were going to put remains in the tomb, and upon checking found that both the skull and bones had mysteriously popped out from the coffin.

I just blamed it on... Invisible graverobbers. Or something.

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 07, 2009, 08:05:18 am »

They eat their own kinds bones as well? Never noticed that. I did wonder though why some people were going to put remains in the tomb, and upon checking found that both the skull and bones had mysteriously popped out from the coffin.

They aren't coffins: They're lunchboxes  :D

Karadan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 07, 2009, 08:44:30 am »

They aren't coffins: They're lunchboxes  :D

1 ton solid stone lunchboxes!

Or 200lb solid wood lunchboxes.
and have no idea ... if building buildings out of water is a bad idea.

GENERATION 27:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 07, 2009, 09:55:43 am »

Related to the bone-eating, has anyone ever had some kobold, or any bonecarn civilian of their own, choke on bones? The Wiki says it is possible for that to happen, so I've been trying to make my camps have actual food closer than the bonepiles so no one legendary would go have a meal, and choke on it.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 11:11:30 am by Ieb »

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 07, 2009, 10:49:28 am »

Ah, going to have to work harder to make sure the valuable resource of bones is secure from the munchies then, especiallly when it is likely to be your main source of armour.  Then again, putting the mosolium out in the town square to help save on food also becomes an option.

Tiler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 07, 2009, 12:47:32 pm »

I think I was wrong about eating the bones of their own dead. But they do prefer bones over any other food I get, which is really irritating.

I'm getting antsy, since I've only been attacked once. I've got 40 kobolds, half of them champions, and some culling needs to take place. I even got that mechanic that I wanted, and I've got some metalworkers going and making steel plate mail, so, yeah. :I

I can't wait until Toady lets you take your violent urges off site. Leading kobolds to subjugate dwarven mountainhomes would have such an ironic flavor to it.

Tiler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 07, 2009, 02:51:05 pm »

Well, now a goblin ambush is trying to get in, and they ran into a carpenter near some cage traps. I draft the carpenter and hope he stands a chance, and he dodges onto a cage trap. He then gets knocked down, and is subsequently imprisoned in a cage.

This is awkward.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 08, 2009, 03:13:04 am »

It's like your violent urges led only to minor beating.

Or can enemies reach friendly units in cages and kill them? Sort of forgot that.

Also, to the guy with 40 kobolds. That's not even bad. My worst was 200 idlers, before I got the dictatorship idea to recruit every male to the army and let females do all the work of the camp. Save for a few exceptions, like the Mechanics and every metalworker. Dramatically lowered the idler numbers, but it has the "less fun" cause that even with kobolds, 50 of them can steamroll over most sieges with little problem. Maybe you occasionally lose a champion in a freak accident, like a spear or bolt piercing both lungs and heart at the same time, but you'll most likely end up having some civilian grow up into an otherwise useless peasant to get a new champion-in-training going on.

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 08, 2009, 05:54:54 am »

Dramatically lowered the idler numbers, but it has the "less fun" cause that even with kobolds, 50 of them can steamroll over most sieges with little problem.

One word.

Orcs. :D

Or would that be TOO tough for kobolds?
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 08, 2009, 06:30:21 am »

I just had 10 kobold army, not all even having armor, kill an 15-orc siege with no casualties. Sure, they all had steel spears from previous dead enemies, but yeah. Even copper-armor triumphs when some fast buggers are clad with it.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 08, 2009, 10:44:03 pm »

Ive been fiddling with stuff and have found that kobolds are a bit to diled back in the production angle. im not trying to churn out lots of metal items but I am wanting to make some of my own metal items. I was thinking kobolds could do this by changing the name of the smelter to workshop and using verious reaction tags such as Hammer metal into knife, etc. I cant however figure out how to change buildings, or furniture for that mater. I was wanting to build some hammocks (cloth material -> product: bed)

I'm imagining the workshop (edited smelter) working like they can tell the difference between carving and carpentry but then everything else is just, well, everything else. (food processing not included)

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 21, 2009, 01:57:06 pm »

Is it possible to get an anvil somehow.
There must be a way.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 21, 2009, 02:01:30 pm »

simple.  Have a pre exsisting standard dwarven embark, then... play a kobold adventureer and theive an anvil... or a sock, whatever catches your fancy.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 42