Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37

Author Topic: (Succession) Speargroove nano fortresss,  (Read 68929 times)

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
(Succession) Speargroove nano fortresss,
« on: November 11, 2008, 03:08:15 am »

Description:
Another succession fort using Mephansteras' Civilization forge mod (http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=18746.0) in a small area. This time I have added a bit more challenge and originality to the game. I am going to also use Jifodus' nanofort tool to make the fort super small (1x1). I have found the perfect site for such a small fort where we, the dwarves are nearing war with four other civilizations. Be wary this fort will be no easy task, for enemies will spawn right on top of us and a magma pipe and an aquifer will inhibit our burrowing further.

Rules:

Instead of enforcing strict init settings like last time, I will let you choose what is right for your computer FPS-wise. This is to be a succession for all DF players whether experienced or inexperienced, good computer or bad computer, experienced writers or people with language difficulties. As such the rules are as follow:

• You must download the CivForge mod and install it by copying it and pasting it over the objects folder in the RAWs. No longer able to do this as a new version of the mod is out and the old version is now unavailable for download. Instead of just downloading the mod, players must now pass the whole folder including save when their turn is up.
  • You must try to limit the population of your fort and it must be under 100 when you hand over to the next in line. If you fail here, don't worry to much as I am sure the next in line will be more than happy to fix your mistake. If you don't think you can manage to cull your population if it gets to large, use the init setting instead.
  • Turns will take one year, you will (hopefully) begin at the start of spring and end at the start of the next spring. If you can't finish your turn, then the person after you will finish your turn for you and then complete there own turn aswell.
  • Upload your end of year save and entire DF folder with version 1.6 of mod included (it should be no larger than 12mb) at the DFFD: http://dffd.wimbli.com/index.php
  • Please post a story with the save when you finish your turn. If you are unable to write a story a short summary will suit. And if you are unable to even do that then please just put in any vital information about your turn for the next in line.
  • In the init.txt please turn economy off.
  • Try to minimize trap use as they are overpowered. Only put down one or two during your turn. Please try to keep the fights interesting by not mass producing traps, giving the game a bit more of a challenge.
  • Please try to finish your turn within a week. If you are unable to do this I will PM you and if you don't reply within two days from that then I will pass the turn along the line. If you claim that you are almost finished your turn and just need a couple more days to get it done I will let you.
  • Finally as the most important rule, please don't purposely ruin the game by flooding the fortress with lava or something similar. If you make a genuine mistake and kill the whole fort that is O.K, we can carry on and  reclaim but please don't try to do this.
Player List:

A_Fey_Dwarf (done)
Time Kitten(done)
caranha(done)
Doppel(skipped)
Strife26(skipped)
Creamcorn(done)
Pruvan(done)
Duke 2.0(done)
Hieda no Akyu(skipped)

[Edit] (17 November 2008, 08:29:15)  If you want to join, put your name down now before the places fill up.

Second list:
  • Toonyman (done)
  • ME!!! (done)
  • Duke (done)
  • Time Kitten(skipped-back to now)
  • crash2455(Done)
  • caranha
  • Duke
  • TheMirth
  • Barbarossa the Seal God
  • Hagadorn
[/s]

NEW OFFICIAL LIST

• Me (current)
  • Open
  • Open
  • Open
  • Open
  • Open

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 02:07:47 am by A_Fey_Dwarf »

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
Re: Speargroove - Another high FPS succession game
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 09:27:18 pm »

I'd like to join in.  Perhaps I can get the start of a nice tower going.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
Re: Speargroove - Another high FPS succession game
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 12:22:58 am »

Udil

Thats it! I give up! No more following this moron! I've dug and dug and dug.  And there's still no chairs to sit in on my breaks.  I'm taking charge.  I've got the other miner under my beard (especially a hand here and there) so it should be easy to take the controlling vote.

Success!

First things first, find out what was made for trade while I was mining and have Dain trade it to... whatever those things are.  They've got leather cloth and food, ammo and sheilds.  I'll have him buy out the food, don't think we can get the rest in this mud hole (ad in hole in the mud, not mud filled hole.  Volcanoes are cool... err... I mean hot, yes, HAWT!).  Nope, looks like nothing...

CLOTHES

They must have belonged to that other guy... what's his name?  Doesn't matter, he(she?) wont miss um. Did they even get a coffin yet?

And stop walking on the berry bushes, I'm gonna want wine!

Ohh.. even more traders... and more food.  Excellent! We'll try these superior mechanisms first.

They got shifty.  Seize their goods.  Plenty of cheese for our meals and a monster for our moat.

Today we honor Unib Pineanvil, who lost his life giving us this fiery home.  I set a new standard for burial, within the volcano! I lack the resources to build catacombs within, do the coffin rests upon the cooling surface.

Why do we have to run the food to the bottom of the fort and back to prepare it? Fixing this minor annoyance.

Labour! Glorious cheap labour! Migrants have arrived!
Nine of them.  Got a planter to get the farms filled finally, and a peasant to take the stocks.  Throwing the rest on masonry to build me a house.

Ah, summer already.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Speargroove - Another high FPS succession game - Recruiting
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 02:35:40 am »

Cool, thanks for the shift update, hope the rest of the year goes to plan (or not depending on what is more interesting).

caranha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 08:08:51 am »

Seems interesting. I have never played a succession fort before, but I loved your tiny map. Please sign me in!

All I need is the Civ Forge Mod? Or do I need to install anything else on my DF?

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 12:46:43 pm »

Count me in although i never played a succession game or the Civ Forge Mod.
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 02:43:29 pm »

Another few hours before I get to my home computer today.  I should get through to the start of winter at least tonight.  I'll possibly re-imagine the gatehouse with the next wave of immigrants, and work on some bedrooms as well as get metal and glass industries ready to be activated.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 05:49:13 pm »

Cool more players. It doesn't matter if you are inexperienced with succession games or the Civ Forge mod, just play it as you normally would. Maybe build a few extra defense or train a larger than usual army and we should be fine. As for an extra installations, there are none the nano fortress tool only needed to be used on embark.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 05:51:06 pm »

I'll consider this.
<Shuffles to look at mod>
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 08:53:14 pm »

Udil

Gah! cancel gatehouse construction!  Three caravans.  High elves, ugly things, and dinosaurs!  Bought all cooking ingredients with some finely prepared meals, and some trade goods to sell to the ones without carts.

Initiated project manicured lawn.

Had a bunch of dubiously flamable bedrooms with magma heated floors/ceilings/walls made for the others.

Autum has arrived.  I can see it through my windows.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 09:50:08 pm »

I've never done one of these before, maybe I will... heck sign me up!

Last spot please.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2008, 12:08:39 pm »

And TimeKitten, everything going well?
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.

Pruvan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2008, 12:57:09 pm »

Put me on them list there buddy, I need the practice. Though I'm not making any promises of not becoming the worst temporary ruler of the entire lot here :3
I don't see dicks...  I'd hate to ask people to point them out.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2008, 07:12:39 pm »

Sorry, my free time got eat up, finishing up my turn now.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2008, 07:53:24 pm »

Put me on the list. Although I hope the person who comes before me will pack the whole DF file instead of just the save. I have had problems with mods like these in the past, and would like to not mess everything up.

Hmm... if nobody meats me to it, I'm making the main entrance over the magma pipe itself.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37