Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 37

Author Topic: (Succession) Speargroove nano fortresss,  (Read 69690 times)

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
Re: Speargroove - Another high FPS succession game
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2008, 10:37:28 pm »

My staircase, my beautiful staircase to nowhere!

I see the farms aren't going.  I was hoping for more sunshine.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2008, 10:39:43 pm »

Good update. I'll PM the next player to tell the its their turn.

[edit] I just found out that Mephansteras has updated the mod. I am not sure whether we should stick with the current version we are playing with(1.6) or upgrade to 1.7. If it doesn't break the save and doesn't cause any bugs then we might as well upgrade but I'll let you guys(or girls) decide.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 10:57:00 pm by A_Fey_Dwarf »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2008, 12:10:00 am »

I'd vote for keep the same mod, on the KIS princple.

I've got the save now. There seems to be a wierd visual problem when I play it,but I'm relatively sure it's just something in the init. If all else fails, I'll try on my laptop, but I won't have time to look at it again until friday :(.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2008, 12:27:45 am »

Yeah I think that problem is related to partial print. Turn it off and I think that will fix it. Or maybe it is something to do with resolution.

caranha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2008, 12:47:15 am »

1- I have partial print turned out in this game, but GFPS turned on. I'm also using a different tileset - you may want to check these for your graphic problem.

2- I was surprised with the number of thieves with this mod. In the summer, I got a total of 8 thieves walking around at the same time! It is quite annoying, since the thieves don't actually attack my dwarves - just make them cancel their jobs and run away.

3- I don't know why the dwarf merchant got stuck in the road on his way out. Maybe you should try unconstructing and re-constructing that road. There are two booze barrels there that the dwarves won't touch either (not forbidden) - I wonder if they are "stuck" as well. Once one of our dwarves tried to drink from those barrels, and got stuck himself. I only managed to free him by recruiting and unrecruiting.

4- Dain meeting the liason outside of his office really happened. Lucky that no ambushes showed up then. Keep an eye on him!

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2008, 03:57:26 am »

It turns out that upgrading to civilization forge 1.7 will break the save so try to pass on the save with the whole file to include the Civilization forge 1.6 stuff. I will add this to the main rules section to make sure no one is confused by the incompatibility between save and mod.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2008, 12:47:20 am »

I've decided that I;m not going to read anything previously written. And my leader dwarf is insane. Plus, he can't see very well.

I've played for less then one game day, and things are already happening.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 02:57:13 am by Strife26 »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2008, 01:20:18 pm »

2- I was surprised with the number of thieves with this mod. In the summer, I got a total of 8 thieves walking around at the same time! It is quite annoying, since the thieves don't actually attack my dwarves - just make them cancel their jobs and run away.

Yeah, it's a side effect of so many races in the game. Lots of thieves and ambushes. Lots of traders too, so it more or less balances out.

Things were even more exciting when the Hobgoblins, Dyansauri, and Frost Giants were always hostile, though. They used to be a more honorable enemy then the ones that do babysnatching. But now they only siege you if you tick them off or if they start off at war with you.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

caranha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2008, 02:34:28 am »

Heh, I actually like the many ambushes. What annoys me is that the thieves bump into the lowly, defenseless mason picking up some logs outside, and just run away.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2008, 02:42:19 am »

Heh, I actually like the many ambushes. What annoys me is that the thieves bump into the lowly, defenseless mason picking up some logs outside, and just run away.
I see your problem here.  You're stoneworkers are touching wood.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2008, 02:57:53 am »

Update tommorow. Maybe.

Expect to read about me trying to figure out these init settings.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2008, 03:58:24 pm »

Ummmm, I hate to do this, but skip me. My free time for this weekend got taken up by stuff, and I'm busy for the week. I might be able to take a turn later, but not right now. :(

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2008, 04:30:29 pm »

O.K, ill pm Creamcorn to tell him it's his turn.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2008, 05:35:59 pm »

You sorta caught me on a bad time. I will be able to do my turn though, at my own expense. Though I don't mind, sort of running another fort; challenge one, and a few more things.

I will post my turn at my best convenience, maybe by wednesday: by saturday or sunday I will most likely be finished.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2008, 05:36:54 pm »

Fine by me as long as you finish it some time or other.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 37