Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stranded 2  (Read 1727 times)

Koja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stranded 2
« on: May 11, 2008, 03:15:00 pm »

Ok, so there's an FPS out there revolving around acquiring food/shelter, and surviving on an island.

The dev team seems to want it to be easily scriptable. Anyone else encountered this game? It seems like a good modder could make something interesting of it.

With a hammer, the player can access a build menu(requiring rocks/sticks/logs/rope/etc.), and continue to develop their fort/skills. Tools and such are made from composite materials, kind of like in "schiffbruch".

Edit: Google Stranded 2 for link.

[ May 11, 2008: Message edited by: Koja ]

~~<BR>"Zombie fish have the added benefit of not needing to breath. Thus they can wade out of the water with little to fear but bigger zombie fish" -Willfor

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Stranded 2
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 03:32:00 pm »

Link?
Shoes...

Delamore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 04:29:00 pm »

I used to do some small modding for it, someone made a mod that stole most of the other mods people made on another forum and released it, extension mod or something.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 04:47:00 pm »

I didn't much care for it when I played. It just seemed poorly done. Granted, it may have improved over the past year, but I haven't exactly been keeping tabs on it.

When I played, I don't believe there were any actual tools. Therefore, you were mercilessly slaughtered with no chance of survival  when you run across a lion or an armed native. That's another point I didn't like. Climbing trees by repeatedly jumping into them so you can safely sleep just seems poorly done. That's not mentioning that once you get up there, the only way down is to let gravity take over and take damage as a result.

Er... Now that I look at the screens, maybe I was playing an early version of Stranded 1 or something.

[ May 11, 2008: Message edited by: Mephisto ]

Delamore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 05:31:00 pm »

Mep, you most likely did, every time I went near Stranded I I got lost as hell.
Also I was working on a Stranded II thread for SA, FP and Bay12 but never got around to it, I'm finishing it now and will post it soon.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 06:01:00 pm »

Just started playing.  It's awesome, I got chased by a lion, jumped into the water to escape, started laughing at how it couldn't swim, and then lost almost all of my health to a piranha.  What was he thinking?  I dropped his punka**, beastin' on me like dat.
Shoes...